Turn on thread page Beta

Results March 2005 How Do U Feel? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ah phew thats good. Although I'm sick of resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    Ah phew thats good. Although I'm sick of resits.
    I'm sick of resits too. I've done 2 modules for geo AS. If I don't do well when I get my results this week or next week, I won't resit it. Instead, I will just need to get good grades in my A2 geo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I'm sick of resits too. I've done 2 modules for geo AS. If I don't do well when I get my results this week or next week, I won't resit it. Instead, I will just need to get good grades in my A2 geo.
    Yeh, It'll allow more time to focus on A2s if theres less/no resits. I'm most worried about my A2 geography result though, I'm not an essay person so wasn't happy writing 6 essays in that exam.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, It'll allow more time to focus on A2s if theres less/no resits. I'm most worried about my A2 geography result though, I'm not an essay person so wasn't happy writing 6 essays in that exam.
    I have 2 modules in geography that has essay. One of them is the synotpic module where we get a pre-release material a month before the exam, that is going to be the hardest one. The second one is that we can choose 2 essays to write from a choice of 4. It might be different as we follow different exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I have 2 modules in geography that has essay. One of them is the synotpic module where we get a pre-release material a month before the exam, that is going to be the hardest one. The second one is that we can choose 2 essays to write from a choice of 4. It might be different as we follow different exam boards.
    What exam board is that? I'm with Edexcel B and the synoptic one sounds similar to that. I much prefered the structured AS exam papers.

ReputationRep:
    What exam board is that? I'm with Edexcel B and the synoptic one sounds similar to that. I much prefered the structured AS exam papers.
    I'm with AQA B. I prefer the AS exams too, they are much easier.

Talking about geo, I'm worried about my AS re-sits right now. I hope I won't do as bad as last time though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with edexcel A, and I'm totally different. I hated the structured AS papers, I can show my knowledge so much more on the A2 ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I'm with AQA B. I prefer the AS exams too, they are much easier.

Talking about geo, I'm worried about my AS re-sits right now. I hope I won't do as bad as last time though.
    Hmm, me too, it sort of feels like a big waste of time if I havn't improved on my resits. Good luck with your results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    I'm with edexcel A, and I'm totally different. I hated the structured AS papers, I can show my knowledge so much more on the A2 ones!
    I can see how essays allow a bit more freedom with what to write but I sometimes struggle with what the examiners want to see as an answer in an essay. Structured questions are more to the point. I also think of answers right at the end and can't squeeze them in anywhere, which is very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, me too, it sort of feels like a big waste of time if I havn't improved on my resits. Good luck with your results
    Good luck with your resuls too!

I remember on my geography re-sit in january, the exam was harder than the one i did in the summer. Most questions on the january exam was my weakest area. Nonetheless, I tried thinking about them and hopefull they will be alright. I hope the boundary mark would be low though, as my friends retaking it in january said it's quite hard.

What other exams did you do besides geo resits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Good luck with your resuls too!

I remember on my geography re-sit in january, the exam was harder than the one i did in the summer. Most questions on the january exam was my weakest area. Nonetheless, I tried thinking about them and hopefull they will be alright. I hope the boundary mark would be low though, as my friends retaking it in january said it's quite hard.

What other exams did you do besides geo resits?
    January resits do seem harder than in June! Well geography was anyway. The other exams I did was 2 biology resits, then a new chemistry, geography and biology module. What other exams did you do?

ReputationRep:
    January resits do seem harder than in June! Well geography was anyway. The other exams I did was 2 biology resits, then a new chemistry, geography and biology module. What other exams did you do?
    2 AS modules in computing. I started a new A-level in year 13, that is why I'm doing AS computing this year. module 3 of AS is in may, the other 2 modules for A2 is in june.

How about you?

Why do they have resits that will be harder than in june?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    2 AS modules in computing. I started a new A-level in year 13, that is why I'm doing AS computing this year. module 3 of AS is in may, the other 2 modules for A2 is in june.

How about you?

Why do they have resits that will be harder than in june?
    Is that a whole A2 in a year? I started AS sociology this year but I'm not doing an A2 in it. Maybe resits are harder because you have longer to learn them and so people don't become lazy and not revise (didn't work too well for me). Well thats just a theory.

ReputationRep:
    Is that a whole A2 in a year? I started AS sociology this year but I'm not doing an A2 in it. Maybe resits are harder because you have longer to learn them and so people don't become lazy and not revise (didn't work too well for me). Well thats just a theory.
    Yeah, it's the whole A2 in one year. By the way, I teach myself that course.

How do you think of sociology? Did you think you did well in the exam?

I think your theory is right about making resits harder in june. It's logical anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)

I think your theory is right about making resits harder in june. It's logical anyway.
    What other subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)

Teaching yourself a whole A2! That must take quite a bit of time. Doesn't that involve a coursework?
    Luckily I didn't have a sociology exam in January, all three are in May, when I'm not even on study leave! That must be the same with your AS computing in May?

ReputationRep:
    Teaching yourself a whole A2! That must take quite a bit of time. Doesn't that involve a coursework?
    Luckily I didn't have a sociology exam in January, all three are in May, when I'm not even on study leave! That must be the same with your AS computing in May?
    It does involve coursework, but I know how to do them. My ICT teacher can help me I need help on the theory and/or coursework.

3 AS exams in may is tough. You should ask them to enter you at least 1 or 2 AS modues in january, so you won't be studying that much for the june exams. I did 2 AS computing modules in january and the last AS in may. Then the A2 modules will be in june.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    It does involve coursework, but I know how to do them. My ICT teacher can help me I need help on the theory and/or coursework.

3 AS exams in may is tough. You should ask them to enter you at least 1 or 2 AS modues in january, so you won't be studying that much for the june exams. I did 2 AS computing modules in january and the last AS in may. Then the A2 modules will be in june.
    I did Biology earlier to take pressure off in June but that didnt work too well as I had t guess most of that exam (I had to teach it myself as the teachers thought it wasn't a good idea to do it in January).
    Unfortunatley sociology is another essay subject. Its not part of my university offer so I'm not that worried about it. Although I'm not too fond of a U on my exam papers.
    Your computing modules seem quite well spread out. I'm glad AS are quite a bit before A2's.

ReputationRep:
    I called my coordinator today on her cellphone to ask her about the 10th thing she said she will call me when she get the results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    What other subjects do you do?
    Geography, AVCE ICT, Computing

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.