happyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FourthGear)
Guys, I've majorly screwed up and I need your help! Basically, I changed my accommodation offer from self catered to catered, but now I've realised I don't get nearly enough in student loans to afford it! I've called up to try and change it back and they've said there's no spaces left... and now I'm really worried that I'm gonna be left with no money all year! What should I do??
There is always loads of free rooms each year, switch colleges if you need to. County college is massive and there are free rooms going everywhere.

If they are not letting you switch, just go on about your mental health and ect, and they'll let you off the hook in a flash.
Abdul Ali 145
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. I have been offered a superior ensuite room at fylde college but now regret not choosing a studio room at pendle or griezdale. I have contacted the accomodation managers to ask if i could change but there are none free. Is there anyone else in the same situation or anyone wanting to change from studio to superior ensuite.

Thanks pls message me if u would like to swap
mattoo1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
I wonder how much fridge space is available for each student? or how many shares a fridge?
In graduate college particularly.

Thanks
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mattoo1)
Hi,
I wonder how much fridge space is available for each student? or how many shares a fridge?
In graduate college particularly.

Thanks
Hi there,

How many people share a fridge will depend on the amount living in your flat. For my first year, I was in a flat of eight people where we shared two fridges between us and this was sufficient space. You will find some individuals use the fridge more than others so it should work out fine but should you have any issues then I would recommend contacting your Accommodation Manager. Contact details can be found here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/facilitie...t/#d.en.223928.

Hope this helps. Any other questions then please get in touch.

Best wishes,

Rebecca

mattoo1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Hi there,

How many people share a fridge will depend on the amount living in your flat. For my first year, I was in a flat of eight people where we shared two fridges between us and this was sufficient space. You will find some individuals use the fridge more than others so it should work out fine but should you have any issues then I would recommend contacting your Accommodation Manager. Contact details can be found here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/facilitie...t/#d.en.223928.

Hope this helps. Any other questions then please get in touch.

Best wishes,

Rebecca

Thank you so much for your reply. Happy to hear that
sky1174
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, currently I am a Year 1 student (Intl student) and prepare for my year 2 accommodation. I prefer to stay on campuss but it is not guaranteed for year 2 student and the announcement will be around mid Jan 2019. Is there any way that I can get priority to be accepted on campuss accommodation ? Can I still find off campuss accommodation on february 2019 ? Rgds,
rose2121
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone interested in the standard accomodation in Grizedale? You're welcomed to watch this lil Lancaster University room tour I filmed https://youtu.be/a8vZfvReRn4. I notice there are not many pictures of standard accomodation available online and hope this is helpful!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,
My name's Charlotte and I'm a second year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine student.
I'm a digital content ambassador for Lancaster.
Me and some other students are filming honest, informative and hopefully useful accommodation videos which should hopefully be up on youtube.com/lancasteruni very soon!
If you have anything you're really keen for us to include please let us know! We'll be editing our video on the different types of ensuite on Friday and hopefully it should be up soon!
Thank you, Charlotte
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone like to confirm Cartmel is not an international student dumping ground, read that all the internationals get segregated into that area.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by random_matt)
Anyone like to confirm Cartmel is not an international student dumping ground, read that all the internationals get segregated into that area.
Hi random_matt,
This is definitely not true although in general you'll find more international students in en-suite and studio accommodation.
Cartmel is also in the general area of 'Alexandra Park' with Lonsdale and Pendle nearby which have a mix of international and home students. I lived with three internationals in Alexandra Park in first year and 2 of them were super outgoing and really involved in the flat so the stereotypes definitely aren't true!
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Roma2020
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi

Wondered if anyone could help with a quick question about Lancaster Accommodation?

For superior ensuite rooms the website says they are available in flats of 6 or 8. Do some colleges have 6's and some 8's or are they all mixed?

I'd prefer an 8 I think so just wondered if there was a particular college I should apply for to have a better chance of getting that.

Thanks
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Roma2020)
Hi

Wondered if anyone could help with a quick question about Lancaster Accommodation?

For superior ensuite rooms the website says they are available in flats of 6 or 8. Do some colleges have 6's and some 8's or are they all mixed?

I'd prefer an 8 I think so just wondered if there was a particular college I should apply for to have a better chance of getting that.
Best people to speak to are the accommodation services at the uni
https://www.facebook.com/LUAccommodation
[email protected]
They will know all the colleges and what rooms are which, and they will be able to tell you all the colleges thats got a flat of 8. I messaged them on fb last year about the covid rules and moving in and they was very helpful
I did think it was on this list https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/pol...lding-list.pdf but it just gives you building name and total number of rooms.
Last edited by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂; 2 days ago
Roma2020
Rep:
?
Report 10 minutes ago
(Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂)
Best people to speak to are the accommodation services at the uni
https://www.facebook.com/LUAccommodation
[email protected]
They will know all the colleges and what rooms are which, and they will be able to tell you all the colleges thats got a flat of 8. I messaged them on fb last year about the covid rules and moving in and they was very helpful
I did think it was on this list https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/pol...lding-list.pdf but it just gives you building name and total number of rooms.
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (103)
40.39%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (58)
22.75%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
11.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.67%

Watched Threads