Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Hello! :smile:

Anyone got a room in Bowland, Upgraded Standard?

I'll be doing English Language & Linguistics as well if anyone's in the same boat? :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1561
Original post by kcdp123
Hello! :smile:

Anyone got a room in Bowland, Upgraded Standard?

I'll be doing English Language & Linguistics as well if anyone's in the same boat? :biggrin:

me :-)

different course though
Reply 1562
Ooh good yay! Haha was getting a little worried as no-one else has mentioned Bowland really! Which course? :smile:
Reply 1563
Original post by kcdp123
Ooh good yay! Haha was getting a little worried as no-one else has mentioned Bowland really! Which course? :smile:

yeah i've actually seen quite a few bowland people in other threads :-) and i'm doing philosophy.
Reply 1564
So yeah, I'm stuck with this ridiculously expensive room. I don't know where I'm going to find the extra £600 that my loan doesn't cover.
And I still don't know if I will get campus accommodation at all:angry:
I phoned them today to ask when the decision would be made but the only thing they told was to wait. So I am waiting :angry:
Reply 1566
For the 2010/2011 academic year, the university oversubscribed first year students to the extent that some of them had to live in the local holiday inn until external accommodation inside the city could be found. I have heard rumours that the university has had a flood of applications this year again for 1st year, however also more than usual applications for postgraduate studies. Being an existing student of the university and knowing how useless some college offices can be, I would recommend all 1st years who don't have confirmed accommodation to start looking themselves. The city is pretty small and time is ticking lol
Reply 1567
Has anybody else who had Lancaster as their firm not heard about accommodation yet?
I applied before the deadline and it was my firm choice so I should be guaranteed on campus accommodation shouldn't I? :redface:
I feel like I'm gonna end up living in somebody else's wardrobe or something at this point :tongue:
Reply 1568
Original post by Jennaaay
Has anybody else who had Lancaster as their firm not heard about accommodation yet?
I applied before the deadline and it was my firm choice so I should be guaranteed on campus accommodation shouldn't I? :redface:
I feel like I'm gonna end up living in somebody else's wardrobe or something at this point :tongue:

Have you gone into the portal? Or checked your junk mail?
I think they still had one batch of emails to send out, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 1569
Original post by Bambi111
I think they still had one batch of emails to send out, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Oh nevermind, it's just come through haha. Of course. Literally a minute after I asked.
Thanks for the reply though :smile:
Original post by Jennaaay
Oh nevermind, it's just come through haha. Of course. Literally a minute after I asked.
Thanks for the reply though :smile:

Which websites help you to find off campus accommodations?
Original post by big_slim
For the 2010/2011 academic year, the university oversubscribed first year students to the extent that some of them had to live in the local holiday inn until external accommodation inside the city could be found. I have heard rumours that the university has had a flood of applications this year again for 1st year, however also more than usual applications for postgraduate studies. Being an existing student of the university and knowing how useless some college offices can be, I would recommend all 1st years who don't have confirmed accommodation to start looking themselves. The city is pretty small and time is ticking lol

Reply 1573
Original post by eames
yeah i've actually seen quite a few bowland people in other threads :-) and i'm doing philosophy.

Ahh good stuff =) I did philosophy at A Level, hats off to you for doing it at uni! When will we get to know which room we have dya rekon?
Original post by kcdp123
Ahh good stuff =) I did philosophy at A Level, hats off to you for doing it at uni! When will we get to know which room we have dya rekon?

You dont know what exact room you have until the day you get there :smile:
Original post by prettygood

The opening post of the thread has links to accommodation sites. :smile:
I applied for Pendle/Grizedale standard with washbasin and I've been given SUPERIOR ENSUITE. My loan won't cover that!!

Same here: applied for bowland and somewhere else basic standard and got lonsdale superior ensuite :/ looks like i'll be living of baked beans...
Reply 1577
Original post by thevoicesarecallin
Same here: applied for bowland and somewhere else basic standard and got lonsdale superior ensuite :/ looks like i'll be living of baked beans...

Have you tried emailing/ringing them?
Any other continuers got the email begging us to release our contracts for freshers?
Reply 1579
Original post by minimarshmallow
Any other continuers got the email begging us to release our contracts for freshers?

Nope, but I'm in Pendle standard. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending