Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by rachaelizabeth
I think basically there were only a few flats left, so they didn't want lots of people to put it as their first choice due to them not being able to offer it. I'm sure it's all fine and you'll be staying with freshers most likely, so I wouldn't worry.
Contact the uni for peace of mind, but even so I'd say It's all fine :biggrin:

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1861
Got into Furness, yes!
Question for current students;
Generally, when are we required to pay for accommodation?
Reply 1863
Hi, im going to firm lancaster uni when i apply this year to start sept 2013. I would like to ask a few questions please.

1. What colleges are near the computer science rooms/facilities.

2. I want superior en suite and i WANT it can i put superior en suite for my first and second choice but at different colleges? I cant be dealing having to share a shower thats just cringe.

3. When do i apply? I want to make sure i can asap.

4. Do i apply online or via paper forms which are sent through mail?

5. If you pay the deposit which is usually £200. Do you get this back, if you do get it back when. And when would you have to pay the deposit - is it necessary?

6. Once you get your confirmation of being accepted at lancaster and you have your room when do you usually need to mKe your first payment. Is it monthly/weekly/termly?

7. Because i want an en suite, superior, what are the most popular and best quality accommodation?

8. Also this is slightly irrelevant on this forum but when do you start applying for grants and loans? Also im most likely goin to get 3 distinctions or 3 distinction stars (im doing a BTEC) when youve got proof of this how do you apply for the scholarship is it online or once youve settled in?

Thanks, id appreciate it if someone replied soon as :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello, I still haven't got my accommodation confirmation! Is this something I need to do something about? Lancaster were my firm choice and I applied in time?
Original post by Elliot Ross
Hello, I still haven't got my accommodation confirmation! Is this something I need to do something about? Lancaster were my firm choice and I applied in time?

You should be receiving an offer this week or next week. But they said they'd sort everyone with accommodation by the weekend.

I quote: "The bulk should be offered before the weekend!"
Just got an offer from pendle for a superior ensuite so very pleased! Anyone else in pendle? Also is there a list of what is happening during freshers week for pendle, I see some other colleges have got them?

Thanks
Ell
Reply 1867
Sum1 reply

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1868
I just got my offer! I'm in County Townhouse, anyone else?? (:
Original post by Elliot Ross
Just got an offer from pendle for a superior ensuite so very pleased! Anyone else in pendle? Also is there a list of what is happening during freshers week for pendle, I see some other colleges have got them?

Thanks
Ell

I've been offered a superior ensuite for Pendle too! I haven't seen any further info yet.
I got my offer last week so only got the first email about accommodation on Friday about registering. They said they'd email back but I haven't got one back yet (I completed it on Friday and since then it has been the weekend and bank holiday).

How long did it take for yours to come through? Am I being impatient or should I ring up? :tongue:

Thanks!

EDIT: Just as I posted this the email came through and I've now sent off my application!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey I was offered a superior ensuite room in Furness and was wondering how much of a toll it has on budgeting with student finance? Also, I'm eligible for the A*AA scholarship thing so does that go towards tuition fees or maintenance? Thanks in advance.
Original post by m.eastham93
Hey I was offered a superior ensuite room in Furness and was wondering how much of a toll it has on budgeting with student finance? Also, I'm eligible for the A*AA scholarship thing so does that go towards tuition fees or maintenance? Thanks in advance.

I have roughly 2.5k left after paying for accommodation. That's around £60 a week. I'm sure that's more than enough. Obviously, it depends whether you receive the full grant and loan. You choose on what you want to spend the scholarship on.
I got an offer for Pendle upgraded standard :biggrin:
Can anyone let me know how big the beds are (i.e. do I need a longer fitted sheet or are they standard size)?
Also how much cupboard/fridge/freezer space should I expect to get in the kitchen?
Reply 1874
Original post by charllysaur
I got an offer for Pendle upgraded standard :biggrin:
Can anyone let me know how big the beds are (i.e. do I need a longer fitted sheet or are they standard size)?
Also how much cupboard/fridge/freezer space should I expect to get in the kitchen?

The beds are 2M long which is 10cm longer than a standard bed. At least thats what it says in the handbook thing. Ikea sells fitted sheets that are 2m long.
Original post by panda192
The beds are 2M long which is 10cm longer than a standard bed. At least thats what it says in the handbook thing. Ikea sells fitted sheets that are 2m long.

Would you know if it's the same for superior ensuite?

Thanks.
Reply 1876
Original post by Erratic
Would you know if it's the same for superior ensuite?

Thanks.

Many of our single beds are now bigger than average at 2 metres long, so if you buy fitted sheets please ensure they are big enough to fit.

That is what it says in the handbook thing. I would assume the beds in superior en suite are 2m long as well.
Reply 1877
I'm an erasmus student from Italy, I'm really interested in an accomodation in campus but I would like to know something about campus. Bowland is cheap, and how is it organized? I have to share only the kitchen between 12 people or the bathroom also?
Help meeee =)
Hey all!

Could anyone take a picture of the inside of a closet? I am wondering how big it is (and where I will 'hide' my bags lol).

Another thing, does anyone know if single studios have freezers? I mean, the fridge looks so small :frown:

Thanks!
Original post by Thriwien15
Hey all!

Could anyone take a picture of the inside of a closet? I am wondering how big it is (and where I will 'hide' my bags lol).

My closet is relatively big, with 6 shelves, hanger space and a mirror on the back of the door.

But I think most people store their suitcases etc. in the space underneath the mattress, there's a lot of room under there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending