This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I am fed up of fireworks being let off late at night / early am (whichever way you wish to look at it) by people intent on causing a menace in the street.

This not only causes the inconvenience of disturbing sleep but also adds a very real danger to people and possesions in the proximity of the louts setting them off.

Is it not about time that we adopted a situation where the only people allowed to purchase fireworks were officially licenced and sales of fireworks to the general public were banned?

Tommorow is fireworks night (at time of posting). I have already endured a week (if not longer) of fireworks and will no doubt still be hearing them well into the middle of the month.
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I am fed up of fireworks being let off late at night / early am (whichever way you wish to look at it) by people intent on causing a menace in the street.

This not only causes the inconvenience of disturbing sleep but also adds a very real danger to people and possesions in the proxiity of the louts setting them off.

Is it not about time that we adopted a situation where the only people allowed to purchase fireworks were officially licenced and sales of fireworks to the general public were banned?

Tommorow is fireworks night (at time of posting). I have already endured a week (if not longer) of fireworks and will no doubt still be hearing them well into the middle of the month.
Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed at hearing them now too... kids will play though.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed at hearing them now too... kids will play though.
I'm actuallyy watching a pretty good display from my bedroom window at the moment!!! I thought being at Uni, there would be a lot of people with fireworks, but I haven't seen students set off any at the moment. Saying that though, lots of people have gone home for reeading week this week, so its pretty quiet round here.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Enjoy your sleep tomorrow then!
Samd1
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I think u should allow the fireworks, it only happens for like 1 or 2 days in my area , its cool. Its not tht bad.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You know where the best fireworks tomorrow night will be....
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
You know where the best fireworks tomorrow night will be....
Your sig has just reminded me...hmmm...wonder if my dad actually booked tickets?
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Enjoy your sleep tomorrow then!
I will!!! The big city firework display was here on saturday so I don't even have that to keep me awake!!!
donnaxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
fireworks should only b sold on bonfire night because round ere they are going off every night, all night and have been for about the last 3 weeks and will probably go on for weeks after tommorow!!
bang, bang, bang, bang, bang i just want peace n quiet!!!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Err elpaw, you do know that Matrix Rev comes out at exacty 2pm? Are you going to incorporate this into your signature???
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Err elpaw, you do know that Matrix Rev comes out at exacty 2pm? Are you going to incorporate this into your signature???
yes, just wait till midnight.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
yes, just wait till midnight.
My god.

Seven to go...
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My god.

Seven to go...
seven what?
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
seven what?
Minutes?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (318)
52.65%
No (286)
47.35%

Watched Threads