Durham Rejections Watch

This discussion is closed.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I somehow doubt that will happen. But yeah, she is being really sweet! All we talked about at parents evening last night was Durham, nothing about my work at all!!
Chardonnay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
I somehow doubt that will happen. But yeah, she is being really sweet! All we talked about at parents evening last night was Durham, nothing about my work at all!!
Hehe! My parents eve is next week, on the same day as results come out :eek:
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Eek! My school are so stupid - my parents eve last yr was the day before results came out, and this year a week before! Thickos. I'm not getting my results til the 17th.
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Eek! My school are so stupid - my parents eve last yr was the day before results came out, and this year a week before! Thickos. I'm not getting my results til the 17th.
That suck-a-roo's! Lol. I just want mine now damn it! :p:
Rob24601
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Really? Oh great! I'm not phoning, I'm too scared!
Just thought you might be interested, I got rejected for geography too and wrote a letter to the department asking them why. And they said it was a combination of an extremely high number of applicants and also apparently I didn't have enough about geography in my personal statement, despite the fact that it was 3/4 geography 1/4 extra curricular. Also I didnt feel any better for knowing why i got rejected, it just opened up old wounds so to speak. But good look if you do decide to ask them.
tez_9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
after reading all of ur patter siany, uve got some kind of obsession with durham, surely this isnt healthy at all.u shud probs start concentrating on liking somewhere else............oh and ill send u a postcard from the van mildert bar if u like
Jess8686
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by tez_9)
after reading all of ur patter siany, uve got some kind of obsession with durham, surely this isnt healthy at all.u shud probs start concentrating on liking somewhere else............oh and ill send u a postcard from the van mildert bar if u like
i dont mean to be rude or nowt buts thats well shocking. u wouldnt like it if u had been rejected. ur obviously pretty obsessed too if ur going!
posh_git
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
........isn't he merely being nice? (or trying to be but ppl are getting the wrong end of the stick?)
Font
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sorry guys...i rejected durham voluntarily...the polls everywhere spoke for themselves
Jimmy Hill
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phil23)
sorry guys...i rejected durham voluntarily...the polls everywhere spoke for themselves
On a thread such as this there is no need for you to say that. It makes you seem quite arrogant.
morals_officer
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phil23)
And I hope you die on your wedding day!
Russell
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My fiance just got rejected from Durham for English. I am very sad now. She even got 4 A's. Booooooooo. (I live here - thats why I am so sad)
WhatFreshHell?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just got rejected by Durham for Arts Combined, from Univ college.

Durham suck!
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tez_9)
Two words: get lost.
I don't have an "obsession" with Durham, but I did really want to go there more than anywhere else. A lot of Durham students on here seem to have a problem with the fact that I talk about their uni in this very forum, which is extremely strange seeing as this forum is the DURHAM forum, hence I talk about DURHAM in it. :rolleyes: In fact most of the students from Durham who use this forum have been so horrible to me (with a few exceptions who have been LOVELY) I'm almost glad I'm not coming to your fecking university because of that. Rude, cocky people.

Oh yeah, and I do "like somewhere else" a hell of a lot: Nottingham. And the fact that they didn't make me wait 5 months and then reject me like Durham did makes me like them even more.

I just got rejected by Durham for Arts Combined, from Univ college.

Durham suck!
Too right!

(Original post by Rob)
Just thought you might be interested, I got rejected for geography too and wrote a letter to the department asking them why. And they said it was a combination of an extremely high number of applicants and also apparently I didn't have enough about geography in my personal statement, despite the fact that it was 3/4 geography 1/4 extra curricular. Also I didnt feel any better for knowing why i got rejected, it just opened up old wounds so to speak. But good look if you do decide to ask them.
Interesting. I reckon they'll say the same to me now, I don't think I wrote enough about geography. Plus my GCSE grades were relatively poor, so I had no chance. Why oh why oh why did they not put me out of my misery sooner????
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tez_9)
How pathetic. A lot of the Durham students that post here seem really *****y (of course there are some lovely ones too). You don't get that in most of the other university forums. I'm sure they're not all like you but you really give out a bad impression! Although I know that you probably don't care. What an incredibly nasty thing to say.
tez_9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
haha, no need to kick off about it.its just that ur patter absolutely well and truly stinks siany.and i can say what i like, maybe that makes me a bad person but what the hell i wont be losing any sleep over it.siany u just make me laugh..........ps make sure you take enough coloured crayons for the geography course next year
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know you're just doing this to wind me up, and I'm not going to succumb to you're pathetic banter. Hope you have a good time doing calculation after calculation for the next 3 years.
Russell
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am a Durham student who hopefully is not nasty and I know what you mean about mean posts. It seems to be a thing about students here nastiness. I think a lot of them feel they have to conform to the "I'm a toff and therefore have licence to be as rude as possible". I can only apologise for the rudeness. Some people here are nice...honest!
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
A nice Durham student *faints*

Only joking... :p: People like katini have been great.
Font
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jimmy Hill)
On a thread such as this there is no need for you to say that. It makes you seem quite arrogant.
I knew that was going to come out, lol...i'm not arrogant...just posting my decision...surely that is not arrogant? :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (50)
73.53%
Leave (18)
26.47%

Watched Threads