Intellectual discusion: The homosexuality crisis?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
not to take away anything from your point, but it is used on mass. by blacks on the street and in the mainstream media. ****** is a racial slur and is not acceptable at all from anyone. the double standards in this area are seriously damaging race relations in my eyes. i cant imagine gay men go around calling themselves poofs, ******s or the like and then expect a straight man to treat the term as unacceptable.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the double standards issue. It's present with virtually every "minority" group - such as religious extremists living in britain who preach hate towards whites, or women who go on about "equality" and "women's rights" and then go silent when you mention the huge pro-female bias in the legal system regarding children/sex crimes.
Scottus_Mus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
in the same way that you could be offended if someone said 'bloody women' in a derogatory manner... if its used in a general context, i'm not...
I don't think that 'bloody women' is really as bad as '******'. The connotations of 'bloody' do tend to make it more light hearted.
Mr_H
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Scottus_Mus)
I don't think that 'bloody women' is really as bad as '******'. The connotations of 'bloody' do tend to make it more light hearted.
'woman' can be said in exactly the same way, inciting sexism... i just added the 'bloody' to emphasise the point more... and if you compare 'bloody women' to 'bloody ******', you could find many people considering the latter worse....
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Isn't a ****** a type of food or something.
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
'woman' can be said in exactly the same way, inciting sexism... i just added the 'bloody' to emphasise the point more... and if you compare 'bloody women' to 'bloody ******', you could find many people considering the latter worse....
But women isn't a derogatory term its the colective of woman. ****** is a clear derogative term to homosexuals.
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by calumc)
Isn't a ****** a type of food or something.
Yes it's a ball of chopped meat, usually pork offal, mixed with bread and herbs that is baked in the oven.
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But women isn't a derogatory term its the colective of woman. ****** is a clear derogative term to homosexuals.
if it is said without malice, by anyone, then i wouldn't consider it to be derogatory
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And you reject him "causing offence or slating the homosexual community as genetic freaks".... because it's not PC. Not so long ago it would have been considered okay to do exactly that, but now it's not politically correct. Unfortunately it has become okay to insult majority/stronger groups, such as tv adverts which make men out to be stupid.
"one of the stupidest posts i've ever seen" - classic! Whoever gave that comment obviously doesn't read much. You can't really oppose any of it, it's all true I'm afraid.
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes it's a ball of chopped meat, usually pork offal, mixed with bread and herbs that is baked in the oven.
How did it become derogatory? (genuine question)
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if it is said without malice, by anyone, then i wouldn't consider it to be derogatory
I would find it offensive even without malice! Your view differs from mine because you use the colloquialisms for homosexuals in your everyday environment. So to you it becomes socially acceptable where as to me it isn't.
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How did it become derogatory? (genuine question)
It stems from another meaning of ******; a bundle of sticks. Which was used as an offensive term for a woman which later became applied to homosexuals. It has been in use from the start of the 20th Century.

You learn something new every day
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would find it offensive even without malice! Your view differs from mine because you use the colloquialisms for homosexuals in your everyday environment. So to you it becomes socially acceptable where as to me it isn't.
tru, but then, i generally do use colloquialisms a lot, including those for homsexuals, and i can see howin an environment without the same level of coloquial language it could be always considered as mallicious
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tru, but then, i generally do use colloquialisms a lot, including those for homsexuals, and i can see howin an environment without the same level of coloquial language it could be always considered as mallicious
I also use a lot of colloquialisms in my environment just refrain from using any word that could have the potential to offend me or other people in whatever context, with regards to sexuality, race, gender etc.
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by laboritesmasher)
Go stick a penis in your mouth and stop talking out of it gayboy, the entire homosexual community agrees with me. All of you homos say you can't help being gay, that it's not a choice, that you were born that way correct? And the only way a person with such deviant brain hardwiring to make them malfunction and short circuit in such a way that they were only attracted to their gender, is by the very definition defective! You were born with a brain that doesn't function properly, and what's more, it's one of the worst kinds of malfunction possible. Not only is your particular type of defect disturbing and psychologically scarring in the "it just doesn't seem natural" sense (in other words, you're like the people in the freak show at the carnival), your defect is also very major from a purely intellectual standpoint, as any malfunction that prevents one from breeding and multiplying properly is grave indeed!

Face it gayboy, you were Mother Nature's mistake and your own mother should have aborted you. You are like a tellie that only shows a picture upside down, or a car that only goes backwards. You are a factory defect from the Mother Nature corporation and if there were better quality control, you never would be been put in a store for sale! Your parents should have asked for a refund.
glad you are clear, focussed, and are able to comment from an 'intellectual standpoint' especially considering you can't even define your own sexuality correctly.... "the entire homosexual community agrees with me"

you aren't only biggoted, but you clearly are the one who was born with a defect: an intolerance defect displaying that you are unable to contemplante an accept those different from you... :mad:

EDIT: is that not the whole reason for this thread, to talk about the tolerance, not to be used as a ****ging session by the intollerant????
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Go stick a penis in your mouth and stop talking out of it gayboy, the entire homosexual community agrees with me. All of you homos say you can't help being gay, that it's not a choice, that you were born that way correct? And the only way a person with such deviant brain hardwiring to make them malfunction and short circuit in such a way that they were only attracted to their gender, is by the very definition defective! You were born with a brain that doesn't function properly, and what's more, it's one of the worst kinds of malfunction possible. Not only is your particular type of defect disturbing and psychologically scarring in the "it just doesn't seem natural" sense (in other words, you're like the people in the freak show at the carnival), your defect is also very major from a purely intellectual standpoint, as any malfunction that prevents one from breeding and multiplying properly is grave indeed!

Face it gayboy, you were Mother Nature's mistake and your own mother should have aborted you. You are like a tellie that only shows a picture upside down, or a car that only goes backwards. You are a factory defect from the Mother Nature corporation and if there were better quality control, you never would be been put in a store for sale! Your parents should have asked for a refund.
Once again you don't show any respect for D+D! This is meant to be an intellectual discussion for people to voice options that they justify; not a place for you to hurl abuse at the whole homosexual community.

I don't like your crude post; the derogative remarks made to me personally, and the gay community as a whole. I think it’s digesting that you think its acceptable to be so bigoted in today's society.
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Prepare for some stock responses/insults.

Oh, and expect people to go as far around arguing against you as possible.
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But you ARE a genetic freak, gayboi. You are the very scientific definition of that term!
I very well may be a genetic freak from your perception. But I have more pride, self respect, dignity and honour than you'll ever have.
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I also use a lot of colloquialisms in my environment just refrain from using any word that could have the potential to offend me or other people in whatever context, with regards to sexuality, race, gender etc.
fair point... i can be a lil over-zealous with the colloquialisms sometimes , but in general, in most environments that i am in it is generally accepted that noone means to cause offence, so we can say anything. and it would be a rareity that i use the terms outside of these environments
Stumbleines
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not intolerant... I just call a defect when I see one, and I refuse to ignore a defect and pretend it's not a defect.

There is also a big difference between accepting someone different, and making excuses for a defect. Should a factory worker that is employed in order to find factory defects and mainstain quality control "accept" a misprint, or throw it out? I mean, a misprint is just different from all the rest, that's all... never mind the fact that if the factory worker doesn't throw out the misprint and someone ends up buying it they will have bought a faulty product that they can't use. But we should be tolerant! If we buy a toaster at a department store and open the box only to find out it's broken, we shouldn't return it and demand our money back! What we should do is embrace the broken toaster for its differences because it's every bit as good as the toasters that aren't broken. So what if it can't toast bread, or do anything else since it's broken and in a state of disrepair? The toaster is just different from all the other toasters that's all! Throwing it out, sending it to the shop to have it repaired or going back to the store and exchanging it for a new one is intolerant!

Wow.
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If we buy a toaster at a department store and open the box only to find out it's broken, we shouldn't return it and demand our money back! What we should do is embrace the broken toaster for its differences because it's every bit as good as the toasters that aren't broken. So what if it can't toast bread, or do anything else since it's broken and in a state of disrepair? The toaster is just different from all the other toasters that's all! Throwing it out, sending it to the shop to have it repaired or going back to the store and exchanging it for a new one is intolerant!
Your analogy is awful! The broken toaster directly affects you; the fact that I'm homosexual doesn't. I can hardly see how homosexuals can be broken either unless you take the hard-line view that our only purpose on this planet is to procreate; just as the only purpose of a toaster is to toast. If that's the case why aren't you procreating instead of hurling abuse at people who are different from yourself? Or are you a misogynist as well?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (527)
51.26%
No (501)
48.74%

Watched Threads