Intellectual discusion: The homosexuality crisis?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
laboritesmasher
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Scottus_Mus)
Your analogy is awful! The broken toaster directly affects you; the fact that I'm homosexual doesn't. I can hardly see how homosexuals can be broken either unless you take the hard-line view that our only purpose on this planet is to procreate; just as the only purpose of a toaster is to toast. If that's the case why aren't you procreating instead of hurling abuse at people who are different from yourself? Or are you a misogynist as well?

Are you a misandrist Scottus_Mus?
Stumbleines
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He'd be one of those famous self-hating misandrists...
Scottus_Mus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by laboritesmasher)
Are you a misandrist Scottus_Mus?
Being homosexual I don't get how you can draw upon the idea that I hate men as a sexually defined group. I like men and get on well with most of them. It's just very rarely that I come across such bigots as yourself.
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Stumbleines)
He'd be one of those famous self-hating misandrists...
I don't understand how I could be a self-hating misandrist when the word 'misandrist' refers to the hatred of males as a group. Unless I am mistaken I am not more than one person and cannot subsequently be a 'self-hating misandrist'
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not intolerant... I just call a defect when I see one, and I refuse to ignore a defect and pretend it's not a defect.

There is also a big difference between accepting someone different, and making excuses for a defect. Should a factory worker that is employed in order to find factory defects and mainstain quality control "accept" a misprint, or throw it out? I mean, a misprint is just different from all the rest, that's all... never mind the fact that if the factory worker doesn't throw out the misprint and someone ends up buying it they will have bought a faulty product that they can't use. But we should be tolerant! If we buy a toaster at a department store and open the box only to find out it's broken, we shouldn't return it and demand our money back! What we should do is embrace the broken toaster for its differences because it's every bit as good as the toasters that aren't broken. So what if it can't toast bread, or do anything else since it's broken and in a state of disrepair? The toaster is just different from all the other toasters that's all! Throwing it out, sending it to the shop to have it repaired or going back to the store and exchanging it for a new one is intolerant!
by saying someone is a 'misprint', you are saying that there is a definate version, you are dictating that there should be an original copy that everyone is a faccimillie of... who gives you the right to dictate that one 're-print' of humanity is any less valid than another.... if everyone was the same, life'd be boring! hell, if we were all the same, we'd read the same paper, but we dont: we all have different views and needs. why does homosexuality have to be a mis-print, why not just a different paper: or book, altogether?
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
by saying someone is a 'misprint', you are saying that there is a definate version, you are dictating that there should be an original copy that everyone is a faccimillie of... who gives you the right to dictate that one 're-print' of humanity is any less valid than another.... if everyone was the same, life'd be boring! hell, if we were all the same, we'd read the same paper, but we dont: we all have different views and needs. why does homosexuality have to be a mis-print, why not just a different paper, or book, altogether?
In my opinion its a better book But I may be a wee bit bias.
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe. well, every1 has different tastes in novels, but id have to say i agree
Stumbleines
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't understand how I could be a self-hating misandrist when the word 'misandrist' refers to the hatred of males as a group. Unless I am mistaken I am not more than one person and cannot subsequently be a 'self-hating misandrist'
I was making a very lame joke, don't worry about the semantics .

You know, you're a man, he's saying you hate men...hate self for being a man... wacky times...
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

You know, you're a man, he's saying you hate men...hate self for being a man... wacky times...
awwwwwww. lol. made sense to me if that helps? :rolleyes:
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I understood just being pedantic as always Don't beat yourself up about it
Stumbleines
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
awwwwwww. lol. made sense to me if that helps? :rolleyes:
Ah, good to know .

I understood just being pedantic as always Don't beat yourself up about it
I'll... I'll try. It'll be hard, but... I'll do it..
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'll... I'll try. It'll be hard, but... I'll do it..
What will be hard you dirty munchkin? :rolleyes: hehe
Stumbleines
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What will be hard you dirty munchkin? :rolleyes: hehe
Haha . Careful, laboritesmasher will declare us to be incorrectly installed boilers or something similar...
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
laboritesmasher is merely an attention seeker who's been around in various guises for months. He's probably gay, just so far in the closet he's in Narnia (now where did I hear that? ). There's no use arguing with him, all he's looking for is to cause trouble and he won't get that by acknowledging your logic and listening to what you have to say. I wouldn't waste your time, he's not come here to learn, merely to argue and cause discontent, obviously that's how he gets his thrills and he calls others 'damaged'.
Stumbleines
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, his arguments lack a certain... coherance to be taken seriously.
laboritesmasher
Report 16 years ago
Better books don't have higher cases of silverfish, and don't have acting swishy and effeminate while keeping your wrists limp as subject matter. Better books don't eat the feces of other books either.
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Haha . Careful, laboritesmasher will declare us to be incorrectly installed boilers or something similar...
lmao thanku for that: funniest thing i herd all day. hehe.

>im so sad< :rolleyes:
Stumbleines
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lmao thanku for that: funniest thing i herd all day. hehe.

>im so sad< :rolleyes:
No, you're not . I'm just exceptionally funny.
Scottus_Mus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Better books don't have higher cases of silverfish, and don't have acting swishy and effeminate while keeping your wrists limp as subject matter. Better books don't eat the feces of other books either.
You assume that all gay males are effemente. I'm not so there
Mr_H
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh, for gods sake: JUST GROW UP!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (556)
50.41%
No (547)
49.59%

Watched Threads