The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Iluvatar
I did not say i was not familiar with his work, just that i had little more that a passing familiarity of it, and was therefore making my comments on that basis. Original thought is easy, but the truth of it is the hard part.

You've missed the point.

And I daresay that completely original thought is not easy at all.
F. Poste
Precisely :smile:

And Illuvatar, you may believe that what you said was clear enough, but I'm not the only one who read an alternative meaning.. A lack of ambiguity is what perhaps defines articulacy :smile:

I said that i do not think that he is all that intelligent.
I don't understand how anyone can take from that that my judgement was based on his condition.
Iluvatar
I don't understand how anyone can take from that that my judgement was based on his condition.

IQ measures inteligence level. High iq means u are smart. Didn't you do those kind of questions in the test? i.e. logical induction?
Averaging all the scores of all the tests I've taken (yes I have a file with all the scores, so there :p: ) and it comes to 141.2 Phew! Just fell into the highly gifted bracket :smile:
Reply 64
Iluvatar

Let's spell it out nice and simply...

You claimed he doesn't "seem that intelligent"

From this, it's a fair assumption that you meant from his demeanour that this is so... For example, if I were to say that "You seem happy" it would be because the person in question would be acting in a way that would suggest that they are happy.

Turns out you actually meant that his work is not that intelligent

To which I respond that it's incredibly arrogant for you to say so when you're not well-studied in it

To which you turn around in a circle and just talk more about your familiarity of it instead of addressing my argument :confused:
155. Straight up! Words and verbal is my absolute strength, but I'm pretty good on numeracy stuff too. Hail me! :wink:
Reply 66
on black holes and blackbody radiation

Iluvatar
Yeah, i suppose, but it was all pretty obvious to be honest.

LOL, that post just makes you a fool
MattG
on black holes and blackbody radiation

LOL, that post just makes you a fool

Indeed. The person's got Newton's position in cambridge ffs!
Reply 68
Michael Mourao
IQ measures inteligence level. High iq means u are smart. Didn't you do those kind of questions in the test? i.e. logical induction?

yes i agree that most IQ tests measure your logic

i did the test last year when i was 13.got between 135-140.is that bad for my age?
Reply 69
Michael Mourao
Indeed. The person's got Newton's position in cambridge ffs!

Yep, must be a real dumb-ass :rolleyes:
Iluvatar
The last time i bothered measuring it was 196, but i think that might just have been a fluke, i don't know.

Bollox mine was 137 and i'm an enigmatic genius :biggrin:
Onearmedbandit
Averaging all the scores of all the tests I've taken (yes I have a file with all the scores, so there :p: ) and it comes to 141.2 Phew! Just fell into the highly gifted bracket :smile:

You sad,sad person :biggrin:
Iluvatar

I just did the 12 minute timed test on that site guessing at random and got 146 :cool:

I have a hunch that the site is determined to flatter people into joining their club (and of course paying the subscription)
Reply 73
I got 120 on the verbal test, and I'm crap at non-verbal stuff. Oh well.
Reply 74
PQ

I have a hunch that the site is determined to flatter people into joining their club (and of course paying the subscription)

lol,yeah.
Reply 75
Iluvatar
The last time i bothered measuring it was 196, but i think that might just have been a fluke, i don't know.

I don't think Einstein's was that high.
Howard
I don't think Einstein's was that high.

Einstein's was 152 - IQ is a worthless measurement and certainly not a good indicate of genius (although Einy was quite a 'thick' genius). My IQ range is about 145 - 155 (you never get the same score on each test). I certainly wouldn't go around saying I was as smart as Einstein.
Reply 77
ChemistBoy
Einstein's was 152 - IQ is a worthless measurement and certainly not a good indicate of genius (although Einy was quite a 'thick' genius). My IQ range is about 145 - 155 (you never get the same score on each test). I certainly wouldn't go around saying I was as smart as Einstein.

Einstein flunked high school! :biggrin:
he's my role model. :p:
Reply 78
I have done tests giving me points ranging from 100-130.
no iq test is perfect. tip - answer all questions as fast as possible.

Latest

Trending

Trending