The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
DaveManUK
no iq test is perfect. tip - answer all questions as fast as possible.

God bless eMode's 'phD-certified' I.Q. exam for dispensing with such unfair temporal constraints.
Mines 125.

but when I was three, (pre-adoption), they did an IQ test on a regular basis, and it was regularly below average
last time i checked it was 130 which i'm quite proud of considering the average (i think) is 100. How the hell did some people get 140+ :eek: :confused: That's interesting - you lot must just be good at taking IQ's :wink:
Reply 83

Surprise surprise i got 126, just the cut off so i was able to join the high IQ society. Even i'm not stupid enough to fall for that rubbish. :p:
Cellardore
last time i checked it was 130 which i'm quite proud of considering the average (i think) is 100. How the hell did some people get 140+ :eek: :confused: That's interesting - you lot must just be good at taking IQ's :wink:

practice makes perfect... hehe!
Reply 85
I haven't done the test ands I don't care to be honest, I have betters of measuring things such as how sucessful people are rather than how good they are at doing at a test.
There wasn't an "I don't know" option, so I said the highest one.
shootingstar
Mines 125.

but when I was three, (pre-adoption), they did an IQ test on a regular basis, and it was regularly below average

when i was in year 1 they had to keep putting me down a year (reception) because i was a slow learner :redface: Once the teacher put the word 'rabbit' on the board and ask people what it said. When i knew she was really patronizing saying 'well done!' and i rememer thinking 'God i'm not that thick:rolleyes: ' I think i was just lazy more than anything or just had a short attention span.
Reply 88
AT82
I haven't done the test ands I don't care to be honest, I have betters of measuring things such as how sucessful people are rather than how good they are at doing at a test.

Success needn't be any different from taking a test, really; it's still something you can achieve by trying hard and knowing how to do something the right way. Doesn't necessarily mean you're generally "better" or more intelligent than other people who aren't "successful"
Reply 89
tis_me_lord
There wasn't an "I don't know" option, so I said the highest one.

Surely if you don't know, you don't answer. What would be the point in collecting data on how many people didn't know their IQs?
puppy
Surely if you don't know, you don't answer. What would be the point in collecting data on how many people didn't know their IQs?

i'd love to know the people who put 170+ :rolleyes:
puppy

If there's no option for not knowing then it's their own fault.
Cellardore
when i was in year 1 they had to keep putting me down a year (reception) because i was a slow learner :redface: Once the teacher put the word 'rabbit' on the board and ask people what it said. When i knew she was really patronizing saying 'well done!' and i rememer thinking 'God i'm not that thick:rolleyes: ' I think i was just lazy more than anything or just had a short attention span.

I was classed as "stupid" in reception... but then yr 1 my teacher said at parents evening "she's not stupid, she just doesn't listen if she's not interested"....
Reply 93
Cellardore
i'd love to know the people who put 170+ :rolleyes:

I know one of them, not everyone is just making up their scores :rolleyes:
Reply 94
tis_me_lord
If there's no option for not knowing then it's their own fault.

What? It's my poll btw.

If someone asks a question and you don't know the answer then why would you answer with something arbitrary? I have no interest in how many people don't know their IQs, it's a meaningless category to have on the poll.
puppy
I know one of them, not everyone is just making up their scores :rolleyes:

like i said, i'd love to meet them
Reply 96
Iluvatar
Yeah, i suppose, but it was all pretty obvious to be honest.

Ignorance - Definition: [n] the lack of knowledge or education

People who dismiss things an obvious (especially science subjects where we've only just scraped the surface) shouldn't be commenting on the easiness of such things in the first place.
I like the fact that no one here is average :smile:
Reply 98
Cellardore
like i said, i'd love to meet them

Mostly they're just annoying and bitter...
Reply 99
My point was you could have a high IQ but not to well in life at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending