Turn on thread page Beta

What's your IQ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    it depends on the IQ test you take and the different scales. i've taken 2 IQ tests before both of different scales...the most recent one being 131...with a scale that anything above 140 is Einstein / Newton level.

so dunno :rolleyes: o well...
    Einstein/Newton level? What on earth does that mean? Einstein didn't even have that high an IQ. You can't go around saying you're as smart as Einstein/Newton just because you have an IQ in a similar range as theirs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what my IQ actually is, but I'd hazard a guess that it was above 170

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucian Deville)
    Is that your combined score?

ReputationRep:
    mensa: 150; online: 173

(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    god i feel thick
    you're not thick,you just don't lie.
    poll is inaccurate,too many very high IQs to be belivable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    you're not thick,you just don't lie.
    poll is inaccurate,too many very high IQs to be belivable.

I'm quite willing to believe that that many people have been told that they have IQs in excess of 170, or at the very least believe they do. Fairly easy phenomenon to account for. 1) There's no agreed upon IQ test in use here. 2) Many people use online internet IQ tests, which produce wildly distorted results. 3) Some people may have been tested in childhood, using slightly less accurate IQ testing techniques: the case of Marilyn vos Savant is a case in point: she has the highest recorded IQ of any person (228), which figure was obtained when she was a child, but her adult IQ is estimated to be in the region of 180. 4) Most IQ tests are designed for people with average intelligence: if you're exceptionally or profoundly gifted, the test will be practically useless, and the score more or less arbitrary above a certain point.

ReputationRep:
    I have a psychiatrist's report from when I was 5 1/2 stating that my IQ is 153. It was a proper psychiatric test and therefore accepted as genuine - unlike most online tests and such. With an IQ of 153 I am classed as 'intellectually gifted', which is the group under genius. I'm not sure when genius starts - I think it's 158.

As others have said, I wouldn't trust 90% of the IQ tests that people on here have taken, and those who took MENSA tests, it depends on which sort of test you took (there are three types and each have a different scale).

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't matter how genious are you ,what matter is how much of your inteligence you use...in that case or another I fail at both

ReputationRep:
    I've done a few IQ tests and I'm always high 130s/low 140s.

ReputationRep:
    My 15 year old brother has an IQ of 161, says MENSA.

I'm too scared to take the test now, I'll clearly get lower

(Original post by svidrigailov)
    I'm quite willing to believe that that many people have been told that they have IQs in excess of 170, or at the very least believe they do. Fairly easy phenomenon to account for. 1) There's no agreed upon IQ test in use here. 2) Many people use online internet IQ tests, which produce wildly distorted results. 3) Some people may have been tested in childhood, using slightly less accurate IQ testing techniques: the case of Marilyn vos Savant is a case in point: she has the highest recorded IQ of any person (228), which figure was obtained when she was a child, but her adult IQ is estimated to be in the region of 180. 4) Most IQ tests are designed for people with average intelligence: if you're exceptionally or profoundly gifted, the test will be practically useless, and the score more or less arbitrary above a certain point.
    i shall take your word.
    also,what about people who have high IQ's in different ways.not so much logic,i mean more artistic or people who think completely differently.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows its not really possible to quantify intelligence especially using 10 minute online tests. My results have varied from 130 on the BBC test to 172 on some silly online test so they hardly give any accurate indication. My school had me down as being 130+ though from the CAT tests we did so i guess would be fairly high but the particular value seems unimportant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chump change)
    arregant as usuall
    Unintelligible, as expected.

ReputationRep:
    I will be very honest with you (yes I'm capable of honesty)– I believe it’s something along the lines of 50 –70 – would you believe it – just slightly higher than Gossip Girl and Eric! Hurrah!!!

God which stupid person thinks IQ tests is the most effective measure of one's intelligence/potential????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragile_faerie)
    I will be very honest with you (yes I'm capable of honesty)– I believe it’s something along the lines of 50 –70 – would you believe it – just slightly higher than Gossip Girl and Eric! Hurrah!!!

God which stupid person thinks IQ tests is the most effective measure of one's intelligence/potential????
    No "stupid person." I don't think it was claimed by anyone in this thread that IQ was the most effective measure of 'intelligence'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    No "stupid person." I don't think it was claimed by anyone in this thread that IQ was the most effective measure of 'intelligence'
    You weren't supposed to see that - it was obviously an evident sign of my unintelligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    70-84 Well below the population average.

85-99 Below the population average, but in the normal range.

100 The population average.

101-115 Above the population average, but in the normal range.

116-125 Significantly above average.

A score of 126 or above qualifies you to become a member of the International High IQ Society.

127-140 Gifted.

141-159 Highly gifted.

160+ Profoundly gifted.

180+ Universal genius.

Factors that may have adversely affected your score include lack of sleep and/or physical, mental, or emotional distractions.
    I'm 112

ReputationRep:
    I did the MENSA test around about when I turned 18, so two years ago(ish). 155 apparently. I didn't join, for 'tis such snobbery . "I'm a member or MENSA!" can't really be used as a pub-brag can it? Not in pubs I go to anyway. In fact someone would probably try to set me on fire or something.

ReputationRep:
    I don't touch IQ tests any more. Never liked them and of the several I took, my results would vary from 130-160 pretty much at random, which is just ridiculous.

An IQ of 300 is not genius though. Genius is independant of any numerical analysis. Wittgenstein, Shakespeare, Van Gogh, Mozart, Nietzsche, Orwell - they were geniuses. I would bet money at least one, probably more, had an IQ under 145.

In short, IQs suck. If you want to prove your intelligence, post intelligently. Better yet, do it offline. That's my plan.

ReputationRep:
    107........woo.................. .

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.