Dress sense Watch

This discussion is closed.
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I wear trackies alot, not to the 'chav' scale but I imagine I'll be labelled that as soon as I walk in to a lecture theatre, just wondering how much I'm gonna stick out?
Checking for Spies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Seriously don't worry about it!Anyone who labels you because of what you wear isn't worth your time anyway!
JackieS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
I wear trackies alot, not to the 'chav' scale but I imagine I'll be labelled that as soon as I walk in to a lecture theatre, just wondering how much I'm gonna stick out?
I live in trackies too - all the way through my degree as well! Noone cared, cos they were mostly dressed like that too lol
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In lectures, you can where whatever you want.
soilman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by trev)
as long as u dont have ure socks over ur trousers it will be fine.
watkinc
Report 13 years ago
You should take pride in your appearance though. Wear some brogues, cords and a nie Turnbull and Asser shirt with a cashmere jumper.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by watkinc)
You should take pride in your appearance though. Wear some brogues, cords and a nie Turnbull and Asser shirt with a cashmere jumper.
o_O
I think I'd prefer seeing a guy in trackies.
britishseapower
Rep:
?
lol I aint in to wearing casual clothes I only dress up for the pub I lead an active lifestyle anwyay so wearing jeans and stuff all the time would be pointless plus I just like wearing sports clothes
britishseapower
Rep:
?
(Original post by Checking for Spies)
Seriously don't worry about it!Anyone who labels you because of what you wear isn't worth your time anyway!
Think its just this board that has made me paranoid, far too many people on here wound up in the chav culture
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
dont worry about it! noone really cares what you are wearing, its best to wear something you feel comfortable it and concentrate on the lecture

(Original post by trev)
as for you trevvy boy, i rename you "Mr obvious"
britishseapower
Rep:
?
I do take pride in my appearance, just because I wear sports clothes, doesn't mean I don't look smart; obviously it depends what environment I'm in but its not like my clothes are dirty or creased or anything.
Becca_18star
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hahahaha funny joke....you are joking...please tell me, u dont want get puched do you?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It depends on the context you wear them, if you come into a lecture threatre with a base ball cap £200 Nike trainers, trackies and a sports t-shirt you might stand out. If you just have tracckie buttoms on then nobody is really going to notice espeicaly if their subtle. Subility is the key to not looking like a scally.

I stopped wearing them at university simply because nobody else does, so I felt like I stood out a little bit, but it was probably all in my head. Just wear what you want, if people are thick enough to think you're a scally becuase of it then they should not be in university.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'll happily wear trackies every now and then, you know those lazy days when you can't even be ****ed to put on jeans and a belt
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
I'll happily wear trackies every now and then, you know those lazy days when you can't even be ****ed to put on jeans and a belt
I used to have to wear them all the time when i had a medical condition preventing from wearing tight jeans. I do wear trackies/combats but not very often, 95% of students seem to wear Jeans though.

I think because my university is in scallyville people make more effort to not look like one,
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
I used to have to wear them all the time when i had a medical condition preventing from wearing tight jeans. I do wear trackies/combats but not very often, 95% of students seem to wear Jeans though.

I think because my university is in scallyville people make more effort to not look like one,
Lol, fair enough.

At college I tend to wear jeans or combats partly to distinguish myself from the hoards of hatchies as we call them but also because I prefer them in terms of functionality and considering I keep pens, phone, wallet and mp3 player in my pockets trackies aren't that practicle.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Most people are too asleep in their lectures to care what anybody else is wearing
kaiten
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol this is funny how much speculation has gone on regarding the wearing of tracksuit bottoms in lectures and the dramatic undertones of whether said wearer is a chav. In my humble opinion wear what you like within reason and care less what others think. On another note, there's a difference between looking sporty and like a chav. I'm sure you'll agree.
Zurich
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wore trackies a lot at 6th form, mainly because I was always active, doing something too sporty for jeans.

I never used to like jeans anyway. When I started uni i wore mainly combats and american football tops. But once I was with my girlfriend she sorted me out, as women tend to do. She got me wearing jeans and 'tops'.

I don't really care what I wear, fashion and dress sense mean nothing to me. I don't spend much money on clothes, and just wear whatevers nearest. Usually go to uni in jeans now, but I'm not ashamed to be seen in trackies if I have a reason for wearing them.
Zurich
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kaiten)
there's a difference between looking sporty and like a chav. I'm sure you'll agree.
I think that's the significant point.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise