Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is gonna sound terrible now...
    was a member of the OUMC in my first year, but just didn't find what i was looking for...
    I'm actually interested in mountaineering, rather than just straight rock climbing, which is virtually all they offered, and i didn't fancy going strolling through fields with the walking club...
    This is probably partly my bitterness though because i used to do "proper" rock climbing a lot until i screwed up my wrist and now cant...
    But still...back off to greenland this summer, so no more complaining on that front!
    But if you love the rock phil - go for it!

p.s. remember...since ur doing as's .etc.etc. you wont need to get a's in all your exams to get a's overall...i got split a's and b's in my a2 exams and still ended up with 3 a's, so just stick with the work and it will come out fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    p.s. remember...since ur doing as's .etc.etc. you wont need to get a's in all your exams to get a's overall...i got split a's and b's in my a2 exams and still ended up with 3 a's, so just stick with the work and it will come out fine.
    sorry to here about your wrist; regargs to A-levels - i'm doing further maths from scratch, so its a bit worrying, but i'll hopefully manage with a bit of revision, and as for geog and physics - i got low A's, so i have to work my ass for for the A's this summer, lol :rolleyes: - that's life.

pk

P.S. anyone know anyother decent clubs to join at oxford (apart from rowing!)

ReputationRep:
    IMSoc!

To be honest though, we'll probably start plugging our societies etc once A-level grades are out and we know who's coming. Bit premature just yet, and you don't really need to prepare for them.

(Also expect to see Cherwell and AIESEC plugged soon)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    P.S. anyone know anyother decent clubs to join at oxford (apart from rowing!)
    AIESEC! Not only is it sponsored by some of the largest graduate employers in the country (who have preferential treatment for members) and gives you the opportunity to spend you first someone working in another country around the world, it helps you meet people from around the world, organise worthwhile projects and events and sends you to conferences and socials that are quite amazing.

It's one of the few chances you'll get to actually run something and do something worthwhile in your first year

(Original post by RxB)
    (Also expect to see Cherwell and AIESEC plugged soon)
    Much as I hate to be predictable...

ReputationRep:
    urgh annoying E&Mists & PPEist! Don't think the Cherwell's going to get plugged as Binya's keeping a v.low profile at the moment...Simon might suggest a cappella...but then again whether he'd want Phil23 to be in OOTB is another story...hehe (Disclaimer: These are only the views of Chloé; they do not represent the beliefs/wishes/opinions of any current/former/future members of OOTB, nor Simon)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    urgh annoying E&Mists & PPEist! Don't think the Cherwell's going to get plugged as Binya's keeping a v.low profile at the moment...Simon might suggest a cappella...but then again whether he'd want Phil23 to be in OOTB is another story...hehe (Disclaimer: These are only the views of Chloé; they do not represent the beliefs/wishes/opinions of any current/former/future members of OOTB, nor Simon)
    why are you people so against me - you guys dont even know me :p: - wouldn't want to join the OOTB or cherwell and the AIESEC and IMSoc look boring too :rolleyes:

guess i'll stick with the OUMC for now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Enough with the thes.

What do you like, then? It's going to be difficult suggesting what societies are good if all we know you like are rocks and numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    Enough with the thes.

What do you like, then? It's going to be difficult suggesting what societies are good if all we know you like are rocks and numbers.
    i like the environment - any hill walking or treking societies around? also what sort of maths societies do they have (doubt i'll join them though - learning maths is enough in itself), lol

pk

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.