Turn on thread page Beta

What stupid ideas!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is stupid. Labour are trying there best to make people stay in school till there 18. They may also bring back the cane and there will no longer be any long holidays. At christmas we would be off for 3 weeks. Same for easter and for summer we would only be off for 1 week!!! :mad:

Unemployment..... crippling..... desperate attempts to cover it up by keeping us at school.... pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    its to get people more brainwashed to the system :P

(Original post by PrOdiGy_)
    its to get people more brainwashed to the system :P
    I feel like a robotic brainwashed worker prepared to be subservient and produce captalist profit already.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get this from? And ofcourse people should be kept till school till 18, A Levels are so important to get into uni, especially Oxbridge/LSE/Imperial, which most people aim to go to

ReputationRep:
    wait........less holidays?..............WHAT!?!?! ?!?!??!?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I feel like a robotic brainwashed worker prepared to be subservient and produce captalist profit already.
    then it is working! woo labour!!!!

......or not.

(Original post by ramroff)
    Where did you get this from? And ofcourse people should be kept till school till 18, A Levels are so important to get into uni, especially Oxbridge/LSE/Imperial, which most people aim to go to
    I hope that's sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I hope that's sarcasm.
    So now it's wrong to want to go to Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    most people are talking about it. Even my teachers think its a bad idea. Some teachers have a phobia of the cane because they were beaten with it when they were little. With all the elections coming up labour has been trying to brianwash as many people as possible. At school you learn gcse. At college you learn a levels. If this law goes into effect you probably wont do a levels till your 21. As for less holidays! KILL ME!

So now it's wrong to want to go to Oxbridge?
    It's horribly wrong and stuck up to assume that's what everyone wants to do.

You're showing disrespect to people who pick work before university, and nothing annoys me more than academic snobbery.

If you want to go to uni, and are clever, then fine. But don't think it's for everybody. I don't especially want to go there.

(Original post by lil penguin kid)
    most people are talking about it. Even my teachers think its a bad idea. Some teachers have a phobia of the cane because they were beaten with it when they were little. With all the elections coming up labour has been trying to brianwash as many people as possible. At school you learn gcse. At college you learn a levels. If this law goes into effect you probably wont do a levels till your 21. As for less holidays! KILL ME!
    I think they're well and truely trying to rid the world of children as we know them. :eek:

We'll be brought up as rigid conformists, believing things like "low tax is goood" without questioning the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down you lot, its only proposals, as soon as Bliar gets re-elected he'll go back on his word as per and nothing will happen

ReputationRep:
    Was going to say, this sounds a bit hysterical, and too radical to get through all of that at once. There's all sorts going on about reforms at the moment, but, as was said, it's all just building up to the election.

ReputationRep:
    Bbbbbbbbllllllllllaaaaaaaaahhhhh hhhhh

ReputationRep:

There was no point in me applying to any of those places; I'd never had met the entrance requirements anyway.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.