Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone suggest taking your own matress to uni or has anyone already decided to do that? a few friends have told me its a VERY good idea cos u dont know wat beasts are living in there!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone take them though?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anone who has! I'd laugh at anyone if they brought their own mattress, id find it quite pathetic! But thats just me!

ReputationRep:
    I take my own duvets, and put one on top of the mattress to lie on. Comfy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah:-))
    I don't know anone who has! I'd laugh at anyone if they brought their own mattress, id find it quite pathetic! But thats just me!
    HA thanks a lot, i was seriously thinkin on doin this!!!

ReputationRep:
    Matress I had was perfectly fine, the uni put a matress protector on it as well, plus I took my own. You will never be able to fit all you stuff in you car when you go if you have a great big mattress in there!

ReputationRep:
    Almost all uni's don't allow you to bring your own mattress, nonethless you must bring your own pillow, pillow case, blanket, and bed sheets. I understand that the matresses are not good as they are quite thin followed by the uncomfortableness of it.

ReputationRep:
    My mattress at uni made the bed SO uncomfortable that I went to the liberty of ordering another mattress that fitted on the top of the standard mattress. It only cost me about 30 quid and made my bed so much more comfortable! Everybody always used to remark on how bouncy it was! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My mattress has a covering. I took my own pillow and duvet cover. Can't be bothered with anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemonkeys)
    My mattress at uni made the bed SO uncomfortable that I went to the liberty of ordering another mattress that fitted on the top of the standard mattress. It only cost me about 30 quid and made my bed so much more comfortable! Everybody always used to remark on how bouncy it was! :rolleyes:
    Maybe I should do that. :p:

I hope they will replace the thin mattresses one day with better ones, however it will cost alot.

ReputationRep:
    yeah do u realise that your skin sheds a bit everynite!!! imagine the flakes in the matress when its been occupied by all the lodgers!!!!! God knows wat els!!! LOL

ReputationRep:
    You can get a good mattress protector far cheaper than a good mattress, lol (Says the girl who sells mattresses for her part time job). I mean, you can get a matt for £45 (I'm so sad... I know mattress prices off by heart!), but you can feel the springs. Ick! In any case, it would be a bit of a pig to transport, surely? You can't bend them, for one thing!

ReputationRep:
    lol!!!! never mind at least ur well informed!! arent matress covers like all crinkly, noisy and plastic and used for people who wet themselves?

ReputationRep:
    You're thinking of the delightful vinyl ones that hospitals have (where you're more likely to drown in your own sweat from having to sleep on one!!). You can get ones that are made of towelling (again rather warm) or quilted type cotton ones.

Try Argos, Asda & places like that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess8686)
    Does anyone suggest taking your own matress to uni or has anyone already decided to do that? a few friends have told me its a VERY good idea cos u dont know wat beasts are living in there!!! :eek:
    :confused: if you can fit it into the car then feel free to bring it.

ReputationRep:
    i imagine lots of halls actually have fire regulations they have to maintain, so you probably wouldn't be allowed to take your own mattress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess8686)
    yeah do u realise that your skin sheds a bit everynite!!! imagine the flakes in the matress when its been occupied by all the lodgers!!!!! God knows wat els!!! LOL
    yea, that's what you make your first meal out of when you get there, that way it's all clean for the rest of the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classy_bird)
    You're thinking of the delightful vinyl ones that hospitals have (where you're more likely to drown in your own sweat from having to sleep on one!!). You can get ones that are made of towelling (again rather warm) or quilted type cotton ones.

Try Argos, Asda & places like that....
    *Grin* Or shops that sell beds

ReputationRep:
    i actually have the comfiest mattress ever in my halls although they're not all that, one fot he guys downstairs stayed in me bed one night (for completely non-dodgy reasons) and he now continually tries to get a chance to sleep in my bed cos it's comfier than his :rolleyes:

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I used a mattress cover at home because I usually get hayfever from all the dust and mites that collect in the mattress. There is really no difference, I have cotton type on tho.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.