Turn on thread page Beta

stress relieving techniques watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what do u do when ur stressed?

ReputationRep:
    I just take a shower/bath, watch tv, have a short nap. Basically, do something that is relaxing or do a hobbie.

ReputationRep:
    drink, smoke, sleep

clubbing twice a week, on wed and sun helps. as does sitting in the bar/tv room getting drunk on four of the other nights. the remaining night is spent working. and smoking.

ReputationRep:
    Go out for a long walk or do some weightlifting :p:

ReputationRep:
    listen to music, talk to people

ReputationRep:
    A five knuckle shuffle might do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    talk to my boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    try to calm down...take deep breaths etc.

alternatively, go do some serious exercise

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym, sleep, watch a DVD or ring my boyfriend/parents who are always amazingly good at calming me down

ReputationRep:
    I used to smoke, that really calmed me down, but I gave up over a year ago now, so I just tend to go for a walk, lie on my bed and listen to music, watch tv, or talk to my mates

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

does smoking really calm u down that much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)

It used to work for me, but the negative effects of it wern't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)

I don't smoke so I couldn't say but in my opinion it only clams people down because they are addicted to it so as with anything your addicted to, if you fulfill the needs of your addiction, your going to experience a release/be calm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)

Yes if you are a smoker then it does. I wouldn't recommend starting smoking just because your stressed though because once addicted you get really stressed all the time unless you are smoking lol. Or at least I do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    swim
    Thats what relaxes me too, I love just being able to pound up and down the lane - unfortunately my timetable this semester has meant its impossible for me to go swimming training on wednesday afternoons anymore, so i'm more stressed

I find good hard exercise helps loads actually, the gym also works for me, but I prefer to swim cos you feel like you're in your own little world rather than being surrounded by other people in the gym.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.