Turn on thread page Beta

    Hi can anyone help?

    I have been offered a position as an unqualified teacher at an independent school and they would like me to apply for the GTP.

    Some literature states that you must be over 24 (I am not quite!), but not all, and some leaflets are vague about it, suggesting an age limit may no longer apply. Does anyone have an up-to-date answer to this?!

    Also, I know I won't be eligible for funding, but does anyone know how much self-funding would cost?


    As far as I can see the only requirements are these:

    you must have a relevant honours degree.

    you must also have Maths & English GCSE (grade A-C) or equivalent (and Science (grade A-C) if born after 1979). primary candidates must also have Science GCSE (grade A-C) or equivalent and their chosen specialist subject to A-level standard.

    you can take the programme only if employed as an unqualified teacher for a minimum 0.5 timetable = 12 hours / week.
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.