The Student Room Group
Well, it obviously depends on how well you do in the exams. If it's the same as when I did it last year, coursework is worth 25% for science. Can't you improve it? Teachers almost always give you it back with suggestions and let you re-do it before they submit it. You'd probably have to get A*s in all the exams to still get an A overall though....
well, if u got 33% of the 25%, then thats approx 8% yea?

75% + 8% = 82% max

so, theoretically its quite possible.
it depends which board, im doin ocr and i think u hav 2 pass all sections of the gcse for ur grade to b a pass
Reply 4
For my science, coursework counts for very little. I presume if you get 100% in the exam, you might scrape an A but realistically, without good coursework, it's going to be damn near impossible, unless coursework counts for 5% overall, which i doubt.
Reply 5
What exam board are you doing? If youre doing Edexcell you could still get an A, but you would have to get nearly 100% in the exam. It also depends on how difficult the paper is, which will decide the UMS scores. If you get nearly 100% on a difficult paper, then it should be possible to get an A
Reply 6
Did you do the 6 multiple choice modules? Because if you did well on those then it is quite possible that you'll get an A.
Reply 7
No im doing double science award AQA. Im screwed... never mind theres much more to life than GCSE's!

Latest