The Student Room Group

Young Enterprise Ideas...

I need some ideas for a way to make quick money my young enterprise company.

For example, another company at my school makes quick money by selling krispy kremes once every couple of weeks...

...what are as popular as Krispy Kremes, that could sell quickly and provide us with a decent profit?

Thanks for any ideas.

Scroll to see replies

They sell Krispy Kremes?
As in, they go to Krispy Kremes and buy loads of them...then go back to school and resell them on?
Isn't that illegal or something? :confused:

Either way, don't underestimate the naievity of the younger years, i.e years 7 to 9 or so, in buying anything they think is "cool".
Sell condoms to five year olds. Controversy is always good
alcohol.
Reply 4
ArchedEdge
They sell Krispy Kremes?
As in, they go to Krispy Kremes and buy loads of them...then go back to school and resell them on?
Isn't that illegal or something? :confused:

Either way, don't underestimate the naievity of the younger years, i.e years 7 to 9 or so, in buying anything they think is "cool".

No....not illegal. You know the fundraising packs of the doughnuts you can buy? It's not illegal to buy those as those are produced to be bought on...
Fake GCSE Certificates. Most students at schools these days would give anything for at least 5 GCSEs, and wouldn't even think about the fact they are worthless being fake. :smile:

Well, at my school anyway. (below 30% GCSE :O)
Reply 6
Guys...serious suggestions please...nothing illegal...

:rolleyes:
Reply 7
How about running something for valentines day at your school.

Offer to deliver a rose and a message to people anonymously, you could also offer to deliever cards, teddy bears, chocolates anything else anonymously and give people the chance to order it though you.

If you offer it to every year group it should be a relatively easy money maker :smile:
Reply 8
randdom
How about running something for valentines day at your school.

Offer to deliver a rose and a message to people anonymously, you could also offer to deliever cards, teddy bears, chocolates anything else anonymously and give people the chance to order it though you.

If you offer it to every year group it should be a relatively easy money maker :smile:

Good idea but I go to an all girls' school...so I don't think we'll get that many deliveries to make...
Reply 9
USB sticks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Tomcat449
I was the MD of our young enterprise company last year...we designed USB keys for schools and then got them mass produced by maxell (big electronics company). In total we traded with 12 schools and sold 7,000 units.
We had the aim of doing more than baking cakes...well worth the leap! I am now MD of my own Ltd company, trading in the real world....and in upper VI....tough life but I love it!!

Wow. This is amazing.

What's the name of your company?

Also...how much did it cost to produce the USBs and then what did you sell them for, if you don't mind me asking...?
Graphix
I need some ideas for a way to make quick money my young enterprise company.

For example, another company at my school makes quick money by selling krispy kremes once every couple of weeks...

...what are as popular as Krispy Kremes, that could sell quickly and provide us with a decent profit?

Thanks for any ideas.

Organise a party and sell alcohol there $$$:yep:
Reply 12
bombproof_girl
Organise a party and sell alcohol there $$$:yep:

The problem is this is very time costly.

With the KKs, they just buy them and sell them on - minimum effort.

I'm looking for something similar...

Thanks for all you suggestions so far guys! (you know the ones I mean :rolleyes: )
Graphix
Wow. This is amazing.

What's the name of your company?

Also...how much did it cost to produce the USBs and then what did you sell them for, if you don't mind me asking...?

Company was Future Ventures (aboye)

Wholesale price was £5.11
RRP was £7.99
Reply 14
Tomcat449
Company was Future Ventures (aboye)

Wholesale price was £5.11
RRP was £7.99

I see. That was a good idea.

What is the name of your company now?
FV Live Ltd.
music promotions...we work with the Carling Academy in Birmingham
a little change of business model, but this is way more fun!
Reply 16
Tomcat449
FV Live Ltd.
music promotions...we work with the Carling Academy in Birmingham
a little change of business model, but this is way more fun!

This is very interesting!

Thanks for your help and good luck with the running of your business!
PM me if you need any advice.
I still have all my old YE contacts for supply and distribution if you are interested in persuing a similar line of business?
All the best!
Reply 18
the most innovative young enterprise group I've heard of designed a 2 minute survey that estimated your carbon dioxide emissions, and calculated a number of trees to offset a certain fraction of it...

they then got a company to plant the trees.

it was pretty epic thinking, but they did get a lot of help from the school.

I wasn't really fussed with making a profit (shock horror) but I did want to make a professional quality product that I could feel good about... something that I could see in the shops. my good friend is a pro in photoshop, got him to design some modern/alternative designs (my favourite was the 8-bit heart design) and had the badges mass produced.

was expensive and didn't make much of a profit, but they were good quality badges, we sold lots to our mates at a good price, and I'm proud of them =]
Reply 19
Tech
the most innovative young enterprise group I've heard of designed a 2 minute survey that estimated your carbon dioxide emissions, and calculated a number of trees to offset a certain fraction of it...

they then got a company to plant the trees.

it was pretty epic thinking, but they did get a lot of help from the school.

I wasn't really fussed with making a profit (shock horror) but I did want to make a professional quality product that I could feel good about... something that I could see in the shops. my good friend is a pro in photoshop, got him to design some modern/alternative designs (my favourite was the 8-bit heart design) and had the badges mass produced.

was expensive and didn't make much of a profit, but they were good quality badges, we sold lots to our mates at a good price, and I'm proud of them =]

Thanks a lot for this.

I'm concerned about the profits because I want us to have a decent amount to give back to our shareholders...the worst is that we don't even break even for them ... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest