Turn on thread page Beta

General Studies Transport paper watch

Announcements

AQA Module 6 today, worth 20% of the whole A Level.

Can't they get the fekking timing right? For modules 4 and 5 everyone was finished after like 30
    mins lol, sitting there for an hour. In this paper hardly anyone finished.

I very cleverly spent 1 hour 20 on Section A, 10 mins on Section B - did the transnational
    corporations question, so my geography revision was not entirely wasted! writing nearly 4 sides in
    10 mins is quite an achievement lol...

"Davido" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> AQA Module 6 today, worth 20% of the whole A Level.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Can't they get the fekking timing right? For modules 4 and 5[/q1]
    everyone
    [q1]> was finished after like 30 mins lol, sitting there for an hour. In this paper hardly anyone[/q1]
    [q1]> finished.[/q1]

Agreed, a harder paper worth a larger percentage of the grade should have more time allocated.

[q1]> I very cleverly spent 1 hour 20 on Section A, 10 mins on Section B - did the transnational[/q1]
    [q1]> corporations question, so my geography[/q1]
    revision
    [q1]> was not entirely wasted! writing nearly 4 sides in 10 mins is quite[/q1]
    an
    [q1]> achievement lol...[/q1]

lol, well done. I messed up pretty bad. Well, better get to revising P4 and P6 for the double mind
    drainer tomorrow morning...

Rikki

I agree, especially Module 5 there was nothing to do... well apart from laugh at the dressmaking
    crap. But on Module 6 I finished with literally 3 seconds to spare! perfect timing.

With my precise calculations, I needed 45/60 on this exam paper to acheive an A, which means I can
    get into the Royal University of Silly People, where I will be studying a degree in Fake Names. It
    really depends on how stupid the exam boards are this year, and if they're going to scale my UMS up
    or down by 5.32321111. Thanks to Davido, I've got a better idea of how the UMS scaling works, and
    he's right it makes no sense at all.

It's so stupid!

--
    Anjoolio http://www.bluevomit.com Fake Names For Everyone.

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Can't they get the fekking timing right? For modules 4 and 5 everyone was finished after like 30[/q1]
    [q1]> mins lol, sitting there for an hour. In this paper hardly anyone finished.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I very cleverly spent 1 hour 20 on Section A, 10 mins on Section B - did the transnational[/q1]
    [q1]> corporations question, so my geography revision was not entirely wasted! writing nearly 4 sides in[/q1]
    [q1]> 10 mins is quite an achievement lol...[/q1]

On 19 Jun 2002 03:59:09 -0700, [email protected] (Davido) wrote:

[q1]>AQA Module 6 today, worth 20% of the whole A Level.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Can't they get the fekking timing right? For modules 4 and 5 everyone was finished after like 30[/q1]
    [q1]>mins lol, sitting there for an hour. In this paper hardly anyone finished.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>I very cleverly spent 1 hour 20 on Section A, 10 mins on Section B - did the transnational[/q1]
    [q1]>corporations question, so my geography revision was not entirely wasted! writing nearly 4 sides in[/q1]
    [q1]>10 mins is quite an achievement lol...[/q1]

Do you do spec A or B? I did AQA module 6 today and the questions were on ethnic minorities, morals
    and art and the mobile office or something.

Dan

[q1]> Do you do spec A or B? I did AQA module 6 today and the questions were on ethnic minorities,[/q1]
    [q1]> morals and art and the mobile office or something.[/q1]

Yes, I'm doing the same spec as you. the exam wasn't great, was it?

David

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:55:14 +0100, "David Mountjoy" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q2]>> Do you do spec A or B? I did AQA module 6 today and the questions were on ethnic minorities,[/q2]
    [q2]>> morals and art and the mobile office or something.[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Yes, I'm doing the same spec as you. the exam wasn't great, was it?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>David[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

I thought the last question was quite hard to get my head around so I chose 1 and 2. A lot of
    sociology in those two, so that was good. A bit of art too, which is nice (for me)

It's hard to know with general studies though really, my results normally turn to not be what I
    expected. Let's cross fingers for a good examiner

Dan

[q1]> I thought the last question was quite hard to get my head around so I chose 1 and 2. A lot of[/q1]
    [q1]> sociology in those two, so that was good. A bit of art too, which is nice (for me) [/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> It's hard to know with general studies though really, my results normally turn to not be what I[/q1]
    [q1]> expected. Let's cross fingers for a good examiner [/q1]

Yes, I treat GS as a lottery - for me a good result would be nice, but I don't need it. I did the
    same questions as you, but I didn't really like them. I'm not a waffler, which puts me at a
    disadvantage for GS!

Evry1 found the timing all wrong - I think its because the questions on the transport section
    required fairly lengthy answers. Which essay question do people do? I did the one about
    demonstrations/protests - had a field day with that! I always try to make the examiner laugh coz Im
    sure they always get loads of really perky essays saying "I think the government is really really
    really good". Ugh. )

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Can't they get the fekking timing right? For modules 4 and 5 everyone was finished after like 30[/q1]
    [q1]> mins lol, sitting there for an hour. In this paper hardly anyone finished.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> corporations question, so my geography revision was not entirely wasted! writing nearly 4 sides in[/q1]
    [q1]> 10 mins is quite an achievement lol...[/q1]

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.