Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Discuss your emotions to your hometown
Jabbamuffin
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
I love it, and have no intentions to work/move away from it as I grow old.
username239687
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
awesome
Tinkerbelle ♥
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
like you wouldn't believe..
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes. Can't wait to get away from here. I feel sorry for the people that choose to come to our university, though, since they soon realise that they're going to have a very boring three years.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Before I left for uni, yeah I hated it. There's only a few shops and they're all the same- mainly charity shops, gift shops, and the same type of restaurants. The people are stuck in a timewarp of like the 50's and are very village mentality. It can get very boring but when I've been in a big city for a while I like coming home to it.
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was bored of mine after 5 mins, i hope to leave and never come back.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not at all. I love Preston, and could happily live here forever.
However, as it is, I'm moving to Newcastle in May to spend the rest of my life there - and I imagne that being even better, what with there being much more to do.
Coldplaydoh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Used to like it. Then found that just nothing goes on here - there are only two places worth going on a sat nite in my hometown, and one of them is a **** hole.
james99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love my hometown but I wouldn't want to live here for my whole life.
Citizen Zero
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mine's crap.

It's a smallish commuter town, so during the daytime it's like a ghost town except you see the odd elderly woman strolling past.

It's got decent transport links though; 45 minute train to London, 20 minute drive to the nearest big shopping mall and a few other shopping areas dotted around it.

Wow, I feel like I'm doing GCSE Geography, talking about my town like that. *shudder*
QuantumTheory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's famous, and cool.
But it gets a bit tiresome after a while. Too many people looking for the meaning of life and hating mobile phones and wifi.

But I know most people, and love the countryside
rosieee91
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't wait to move away. I generally, don't mind the village I live in, but the nearest town to me is awful. It's so incredibily dull, infested with loud mouth gobby chavs and there was, until last year, a murderer on the loose killing prostitutes. It's not that fun to live in really.
Zastrugi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hate swinetown with a passion. It's a hole.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I am. I think it got voted the UK's most boring town... twice. It's only really good for the oldies.
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cpj1987)
I'm not at all. I love Preston, and could happily live here forever.
However, as it is, I'm moving to Newcastle in May to spend the rest of my life there - and I imagne that being even better, what with there being much more to do.
Newcastle > Preston any day! You'll adore it
Gemma16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes, its full of chavs, and my town is obssessed with drinking goshh drives me mad. Its abit scruffy too. im moving when im old enough!
didgeridoo12uk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i wouldnt say i have a hometown.

but after 8 years of milton keynes, yeah i would say i was bored of it.
although now living in cambridge, i do love going back there, thats probably just because all my friends are there, and they have better shops, and i know where everything is etc
naivesincerity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by llacerta)
Yes. Can't wait to get away from here. I feel sorry for the people that choose to come to our university, though, since they soon realise that they're going to have a very boring three years.
Brighton?
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, I wouldn't want to live there after Uni. Enjoying living in another city while at Uni
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (188)
38.6%
Take autumn exams (149)
30.6%
Look for a job (17)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.31%
Take a year out (84)
17.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.75%

Watched Threads