This discussion is closed.
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Brighton?
Haha, no! I thought Brighton was party central? I'm talking about the wonderful world of Chichester. Ooh, even the name gives me goosebumps!

:p:
oldrafiki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, but then mine's a dull suburb where nothing happens after 7pm. I'm quite close to London though, and I'm going to miss that when I go away for uni.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
Newcastle > Preston any day! You'll adore it
Yeah. I've only been twice so far, but Newcastle just seems perfect; like a little bubble world. :p:
Can't wait to move, really; as much as I do love Preston. Newcastle will just keep me permanently busy.
BigScouser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've got an immense amount of pride for this city but things like the borderline poverty people are still forced to live in round here and the super-Scouse attitude which people use to make out that they're better than the rest of us scallies is embarrassing.
*AllyBaba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to love it to bits. Now I can't wait to be gone.
Elrobi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think I'm beginning to outgrow it but I'll probably come back to live here at some stage of my life. It's still home, I suppose.
Roobagnall
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I quite like it i surpose but my main problem with it is that its far too big to be quiet or rural but far to small to have lots of different things to do.

I would much prefer it if it were quarter of the size or 4 times as big.
Cool Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd gladly swap with any of you.
CatatonicStupor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ups and downs, swings and roundabouts. I hate it when I'm there in the day, and before I've entered one of the multiple local watering holes, but after that I'm with my mates so I'm happy.

As it stands, right now, I am ambivalent towards it. I'm in Cardiff, so not that far away, but it's not like I "miss" it. I think I rather more miss my friends from school who are all either very far away in Cardiff or have decided to stay at home this term.
*Dreaming*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, I can't wait to get away from this dump, it's chav central

I live near Brighton, It's not that great tbh
MorbidCow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Trust me, you'd rather commit suicide than live in Blackburn.

It's the wasteland of an industral town. There's practically an apartheid with the asians and whites. Asians live in overcrowed terraces. Chavs live in the old council houses and the snobby lower-middle class are dotted across the map and the upper-middle class live in the outskirts hating it.

There's no free/cheap clubs for youth. There's no bookshops but plently of poundshops

That's sunny Blackburn for you.
MSCS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm bored of it alot, done everything possible around here. But my friends are here, only thing i'm gonna miss when I move.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Away from uni I live in a place too small to be a town, but a bit too big to be a proper village....its so boring. Nothing to do at all. There is one high street with a trillion estate agents and charity shops...though there is a proper nice pub 5 mins from my house now which makes it bearable....but I could never live there permanently. Its so small and is retirement land.
>Anna<
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My nearest town is Weston-Super-Mare....do I need to say more?!

Ok. Maybe it's not THAT bad.
Norfolkadam
Report 11 years ago
In the words of Morrissey this is the "seaside town that they forgot to close down".

Although it's a bit better now there's a Starbucks.
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nope, good few years before I get bored of London!
Candypants.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mmm yep. I am really fond of Bath, and I know that I'll miss it, but at times it really feels like a big village...everyone knows everyone, arghh! I'm looking forward to going to uni somewhere different.
Ang|ophi|e
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I live in Miami. It's a great place to visit, but I'm one of those people who get bored easily with their surroundings. I definitely see myself moving when I graduate.
libertine861
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm bored of it, there is nothing to keep me here really except my mum. I'll probably have to move to a city anyway once I start my career.

It has it's good points but nothing worth staying for. My favourite pie shop has been a victim of the credit crunch so that's one less reason to stay!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not bored of it at all. I miss it quite a bit during term time
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (173)
58.25%
No they should not (89)
29.97%
Abstain (35)
11.78%

Watched Threads