Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Or do the running!

You'll be knackered that's gotta help.

ReputationRep:
    Have a niiiice cuppa tea and read a good book love, and you'll do just fiiiiine.

*Repeat in a Derby/Northern accent*

ReputationRep:
    What I've found helps is to pull an all nighter.. you'll be so knackered you'll sleep the next night at an early time and you can get into a routine easier.

Failing that, there's herbal tablets that you could try...

ReputationRep:
    well another night and still couldnt sleep though i actuall gotup this morning however now im relying on pro plus to get me started :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm with the sleeping tablets, during my first year at uni I had chronic problems getting to sleep, I was awake til 5 in the morning every night. I went and got some Nytol and was a bit wary about relying on them, but if you take them about an hour before you want to go to bed then they should make u nod off very quickly. and because you wake up earlier the next morning as u went to sleep earlier, you should find that gradually your normal sleeping pattern should return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veryjammy)
    I'm with the sleeping tablets, during my first year at uni I had chronic problems getting to sleep, I was awake til 5 in the morning every night. I went and got some Nytol and was a bit wary about relying on them, but if you take them about an hour before you want to go to bed then they should make u nod off very quickly. and because you wake up earlier the next morning as u went to sleep earlier, you should find that gradually your normal sleeping pattern should return.
    the fact im skint doesnt help lol but i get paid tomorrow and il give it a blast

ReputationRep:
    I have trouble sleeping most nights.These are things I do:

-Go for a walk during the day.About an hour should do it..so get off the bus/train/tube a few stops early and walk home.I'm always very tired come bedtime if I do that.
    -Burn a vanilla incense stick.
    -Take a hot bath about an hour before bedtime.
    -Drink warm milk and eat something small like a cookie about half an hour before you want to sleep.
    -Make your bed as comfortable as possible.
    -I find that playing music or having my TV on on very low volume helps me drop off.

Hope this helps.x

ReputationRep:
    or you can just lie in the dark, talkin on the phone, or play playstation, i did that last night and my head just snapped back and hit the chairhead :O

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.