The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Max Plank
These are all good unis but Imperial is clearly the best Engineering uni.

John

Imperial is good, but most people would regard York as being better for compsci, (14 applications / place) as well as sitting at the top of the sunday times league table for compsci and getting the "university of the year" award.

If imperial wasn't in London i may have applied. =)
Reply 21
Oli
Imperial is good, but most people would regard York as being better for compsci, (14 applications / place) as well as sitting at the top of the sunday times league table for compsci and getting the "university of the year" award.

And to think I turned down York after passing the interview and getting an offer (and I would have made the grades too!). But hey, grades and reputation aren't everything.
Reply 22
As well as the 'Russell' group of unis we also have the '1994 group', so called because it was founded in 1994. It consists of 17 internationally reconised unis in Britain who share common aims, standards and values.
Members:
St. Andrews
Bath
Durham
Lancaster
York
UMIST
Warwick
Reading
East Anglia
Essex
Surrey
Sussex
Exeter
And in London; Birkbeck, Goldsmiths, Royal Holloway and LSE.
yawn1
As well as the 'Russell' group of unis we also have the '1994 group', so called because it was founded in 1994. It consists of 17 internationally reconised unis in Britain who share common aims, standards and values.
Members:
St. Andrews
Bath
Durham
Lancaster
York
UMIST
Warwick
Reading
East Anglia
Essex
Surrey
Sussex
Exeter
And in London; Birkbeck, Goldsmiths, Royal Holloway and LSE.

I find it quite worrying that the vice chancellors of the 1994 universities need to be reminded that their uni loginid/password wont work on the 1994 group website http://www.1994group.ac.uk/Restricted/login.asp
Reply 24
Pencil Queen
I find it quite worrying that the vice chancellors of the 1994 universities need to be reminded that their uni loginid/password wont work on the 1994 group website http://www.1994group.ac.uk/Restricted/login.asp

Perhaps you don't have unrestricted access. I know when I visited the website I could not get into the 'bowels' of it but then I didn't expect to as I can't gain access to most websites that are restricted.
yawn1
Perhaps you don't have unrestricted access. I know when I visited the website I could not get into the 'bowels' of it but then I didn't expect to as I can't gain access to most websites that are restricted.

My point was that supposedly intelligent VCs had to be told this
To access this site you need to enter your ID and password (not your usual University username/password).

I would have thought that anyone with any sense would realise that the password to log on to a restricted website wouldn't be the same as the login you use to get onto your work computer :rolleyes:
I hate to break this to you peeps but.....

Jools made a fair few grammatical errors in the last couple of OxStus... :eek:

And he got thrown out of our JCR last week - high drama....

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
hildabeast
I hate to break this to you peeps but.....

Jools made a fair few grammatical errors in the last couple of OxStus... :eek:

And he got thrown out of our JCR last week - high drama....

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

:eek:
Pencil Queen
:eek:

Yup he sure did......not REALLY through any fault of his own, but he wrote a controversial article about Hilda's so some people twisted a few arms and got him kicked out. Which is sad. :frown:

Jools does a great Shaggy impersonation though hehe!!! :biggrin:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Latest

Trending

Trending