Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I don't use tampons, I can't help but think about chemicals etc leaching into my body. I'm not going to use tampons before someone comes along and tries to persuade me seeing as this seems to have turned into a "use tampons" thread!
    I felt like that for ages too. I wish there was a better method but those moon cup things don't look any better to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    probably best to "investigate" so to speak - you do need to get used to yoru body and comfortable with it as you need to look after it! Then if you do have any problems if you get ill or get an infection you'll recognise it sooner. not to mention that if you feel awkward by yourself i can't see that you'd go to a doctor, which is essential to sort things out and for general check ups when you're older.
    i guess i don't really fancy sticking something up there once a month for about a week though...i'll remain a pad person :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't use tampons, I can't help but think about chemicals etc leaching into my body. I'm not going to use tampons before someone comes along and tries to persuade me seeing as this seems to have turned into a "use tampons" thread!

That seems logical but I much prefer it to wearing a nappy and sitting in my own filth all day. Just dont like the idea of blood and mucus dripping out of me and having it all collect in between my legs. I know that's pretty graphic but it's the only way to describe how much it disgusts me (I mean I find it disgusting to me, not the idea of other people using towels).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    That seems logical but I much prefer it to wearing a nappy and sitting in my own filth all day. Just dont like the idea of blood and mucus dripping out of me and having it all collect in between my legs. I know that's pretty graphic but it's the only way to describe how much it disgusts me (I mean I find it disgusting to me, not the idea of other people using towels).
    i know the feeling and i don't like it (especially the smell) either - but i felt i had to point out that it really isn't "filth" - it's the cleanest part of the body and the cleanest blood too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i know the feeling and i don't like it (especially the smell) either - but i felt i had to point out that it really isn't "filth" - it's the cleanest part of the body and the cleanest blood too...
    I still dont especially want to sit in it and it's not clean once it reacts with the air outside the body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    oh god.....twice it was nasty, the guys were soooooo rough and probs cos i wasn't turned on or anything so it was really dry.
    Why would someone be fingering you if you weren't wet? Surely you do that when you're turned by someone, you don't just start by getting fingered...I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krystaldenise05)
    im scared that the tampon will get lost in me or something
    lol
    It physically can't get lost in you. Where can it go?! It can't fit "up" you! The only way to go is down Even if the string comes out (which is highly, highly unlikely, especially if you give it a tug before you put it in) you can probably get it out with your fingers.

Am I being really stupid? Where the hell are the chemicals in tampons? I just thought it was a bit of material with a string on the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    It physically can't get lost in you. Where can it go?! It can't fit "up" you! The only way to go is down Even if the string comes out (which is highly, highly unlikely, especially if you give it a tug before you put it in) you can probably get it out with your fingers.

Am I being really stupid? Where the hell are the chemicals in tampons? I just thought it was a bit of material with a string on the end!
    they bleach the cotton to make it look whiter and therefore look more 'clean'. i think so anyway....

there were also rumours going around the inernet at one point that tampons leave some kind of residue (? im not sure i read this aaages ago) inside u over time that makes u bleed more so u have to use more tampons. something along those lines anyhoooo.
    i personally think its a pile of poo and just more stuff made up to scare us

ReputationRep:
    tampons scare me i wish i had the guts to use them, coz it really shouldn't be an issue :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.