Post Watch

This discussion is closed.
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Do you have an actual postal address when in uni accomodation?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yep, normally your room number followed by the halls of residence

eg. room 79
blah blah halls
546 mleh road
random city
ab1 2cd

mail normally goes to the reception in the halls and is sorted there. here we all have little locker things with keys thast our mails goes into

lou xxx
hallucination
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
Do you have an actual postal address when in uni accomodation?
Depends on the university and accommodation. You will have an actual address e.g. Room 100, [name of accommodation], [name of uni] but most universities deliver all mail for each accommodation to a central point and you have to pick it up yourself. If you live in student village type accommodation it is often posted through your own door though.
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Thanks, just wondering because I give blood and they send me letters informing me of when to give it next and stress me to tell them if I change address
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks, just wondering because I give blood and they send me letters informing me of when to give it next and stress me to tell them if I change address

you will get all your mail. i get cds and dvds delivered here as well as all my bank statements etc.

lou xxx
britishseapower
Rep:
?
well I plan on living at uni in term time but I want to come home in the holidays and I will live at home once I finish uni so is it worth me telling places like the bank and stuff of my change of address?
*Laura*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My bank has my uni address but they always send post to my home address anyway.
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just get all my mail sent to my home address and have the parents send it up here.
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Laura*)
My bank has my uni address but they always send post to my home address anyway.
my bank seems to send half of it home and half of it to uni!

we just collect our post from the office where each flat had indivdual pigeon holes, but i always forget to collect it.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)

you will get all your mail. i get cds and dvds delivered here as well as all my bank statements etc.

lou xxx
Yeah, I'm always buying stuff off Ebay!

well I plan on living at uni in term time but I want to come home in the holidays and I will live at home once I finish uni so is it worth me telling places like the bank and stuff of my change of address?
It depends if you want to read your bank statements each month. Even then, you can get your parents to forward your post from home. I think most people do, as you'll be away for 3+ years, but you dont have to
domjohn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My parents would get so fed up of having to forward all my post to uni!! I'd probably have to wait until I go home every once in a while to collect piles of letters!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (16)
94.12%
No (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads