Business Schools In The Uk Watch

This discussion is closed.
JBJB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
..what are the best (most well-known) business schools in the UK. Which undergraduate courses hvae a good reputation in the Usa?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LSE, Manchester, Warwick and Lancaster spring to mind.
yeep
Report 13 years ago
Said Business School - University of Oxford
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by yeep)
Said Business School - University of Oxford
And do all those not have a business school? The one Manchester has is massive. Its a huge building.
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Reputation-wise though, I think most Americans have only heard of London and Oxford. But then, business is mainly a who-you-know-not-what-you-know world.
cktlee1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
LSE, Manchester, Warwick and Lancaster spring to mind.
I most certainly agree with u, they would be the tops...along with
Oxford Said, Cambridge Judge, City Cass, and Imperial Tanaka
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JBJB)
..what are the best (most well-known) business schools in the UK. Which undergraduate courses hvae a good reputation in the Usa?
LBS by some huge distance.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
LBS by some huge distance.
For undergrad?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Dont see why anyone would wanna specially go to a business school for undergraduate studies. The point of a business school is that it offers Master of Business Administration.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Dont see why anyone would wanna go to a business school for undergraduate studies. The point of business schools is that it offers Master of Business Administration.
Exactly, having said that Business schools do teach some management/finance modules at undergrad. I know that if I end up at Leeds and take finance electives it will be through thier Business School.

But generally wait till your MBAs guys
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
For undergrad?
Oh right - for undergrad the usual elite are probably the best. 'Business Schools' usually infers postgrad i.e. MBA level studies for which only LBS is anywhere near the level of the North American elite.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Oh right - for undergrad the usual elite are probably the best. 'Business Schools' usually infers postgrad i.e. MBA level studies for which only LBS is anywhere near the level of the North American elite.
Fair enough, LBS is the main one although I would have though Said, Judge, Warwick and maybe Manc or even Cranfield would be up there.

American MBAs are 2 years and doing them part time would be much more of a pain than here. Having said that I would love to go to Columbia or NYU and take one.
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Fair enough, LBS is the main one although I would have though Said, Judge, Warwick and maybe Manc or even Cranfield would be up there.
LBS and INSEAD of France are usually viewed as the best in the world when the US schools are excluded but even they are quite a bit behind the best found in the states.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Forbes top 10 BS outside the US:

1.Insead
2.IMD
3.Cambridge (Judge)
4.Oxford (Said)
5.London (LBS)
6.York (Schulich)
7.SDA Bocconi
8.IESE
9.Australian GSOM
10.Queen's
swallows
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This link is makes a very good case for Warwick's Business School being on eof the best in the country/europe, up there with the best in the world.

http://www.wbs.ac.uk/about/accreditation/rankings.cfm

The WBS Doctoral Programme is currently rated the best in Europe by The Financial Times.

The Financial Times has ranked The Warwick MBA in Europe's top 15 full-time MBAs for five consecutive years.

Which MBA ranks The Warwick MBA 30th in the world, a rise of 20 places.

In 2004, The Warwick MBA executive study was ranked 18th in the world by The FT, an rise of 17 places from 2003.

In 2003, The Guardian ranked WBS in the top three United Kingdom universities for business and management. Their survey of top employers rated our graduates the most employable in the UK.

For nine consecutive years, The Times Good University Guide ranked WBS in the top three United Kingdom universities for teaching business and management.

The Financial Times placed WBS in the top four United Kingdom institutions for executive short courses, customised for organisations.

WBS was top-rated as 'excellent' in its most recent teaching quality assessment, managed by The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
DaveManUK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
theres tanaka business school in ic where i live. dunno how gud that is tho, but it is nu.
melbourne
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/media/sto...816_41613.html
blacklord
Report 13 years ago
London School of Economics, Oxbridge, Warwick but DO NOT FORGET Cass, Aston or Lancaster. Alongside with French business schools such as HEC, ESSEC or INSEAD which are well known too, and a one in Milan I don't remember the name. Then if you want a well known school you can also cross the Ocean and go to UPenn (Wharton), Stanford, Harvard or Columbia... Or even Singapore much farer
JBJB
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Which undergraduate course is well-reputated in the USA?
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hehe Take a degree in Engineering That's a nice route to managements
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads