Turn on thread page Beta

"Supersize me" - Dangers ? watch

ReputationRep:
    In that film where the guy eats nothing but McDonalds for a month, his doctor tells him he's going to kill himself. I hardly think eating McDonalds for just a month would KILL you. Would it?

ReputationRep:
    no. .

ReputationRep:
    yes it would

ReputationRep:
    most likely.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the shock would! Imagine eating nothing but McDonalds for a month No fresh veggies or anything different I couldn't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Already been done this thread :rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t84010.html

ReputationRep:
    americans eat at those places all the time - they dont just die in a month...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twaffy)
    Probably the shock would! Imagine eating nothing but McDonalds for a month No fresh veggies or anything different I couldn't do it.
    I could do it. I'd love to try that actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Already been done this thread :rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t84010.html
    i dont remember this..

ReputationRep:
    i would eat at burger king...much more "healthy" lol.

they actually use real meat there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)
    i would eat at burger king...much more "healthy" lol.

they actually use real meat there
    rat meat is real.

ReputationRep:
    This *IS* a great documentary, in spite of the McDonald's 3-day-diet-stunt. The stunt is laughable, but does paint a picture about the quality of fast food, not just McDonalds. If people out there think Subway is a healthy alternative, I would suggest that it's NOT. It's the same processed food, white bread, processed meat.

In any case, suggested reading - Fast Food Nation: Behind The All American Meal

(Original post by need_money)
    I could do it. I'd love to try that actually.
    That's the guy's point. With that attitude, you'll be dead in a year.

ReputationRep:
    In that film where the guy eats nothing but McDonalds for a month, his doctor tells him he's going to kill himself. I hardly think eating McDonalds for just a month would KILL you. Would it?
    Are you going to decrease McDonalds profit? (curious)

ReputationRep:
    no there was another lady who didnt film herself but she followed an atkins type diet with excersise purely from the mcdonalds healthy menu and lost 10lbs

ReputationRep:
    please try it out and come back and tell us how you feel :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think if someone was to do it all over again now, would he be able to get sponsored? :rolleyes: Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Do you think if someone was to do it all over again now, would he be able to get sponsored? :rolleyes: Just a thought.
    Why do you imply it is a 'he'?

ReputationRep:
    with adequet ex. and watching out the calories intake...nope

with the lifestyle he tried to enforce onto himself during the film and prolonged period...yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes it would kill you. By about the second week his body was suffering from severe malnutrition, his body was developing diseases that have been extinct in the non chav western population for the past 200 years such as Scurvy.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.