Are there guys out there who like reading?

Watch
TSR George
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've noticed quite recently, that a lot of boys think reading, or English in general is a load of rubbish. Quite personally... I would love to go out with a guy who was well-read, who could hold a conversation, and was relatively good looking, thou the latter isn't so much an issue.

The lack of boys who read is tremendous. I'd love for the guys on here to prove me wrong!!

So are there guys out there who like reading? And if so, what books are your favourites etc?
menagerie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You know stupid boys.
Bagration
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes. There are tons of us :/

... I hope.
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Reading is, pardon my expression, da bomb.
Cynical Optimist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like reading... I know lots of guys that do... (well, not lots, but a fair amount). What sort of book? I don't sit and read Jane Austen and stuff...
MichaelGoodwin
Report 11 years ago
I enjoy reading. Read, on average, one fiction book per week, as well as the relevant material for my uni course.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes i do, loads do. beats the xbox.

lool.
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I tend to read magazines, or more factual stuff/ things relevant to my course - I barely get time to read my textbooks, so it's not high on my priorities list. However one day there are many books I would like to read. There are definitely well read guys about. Profesh, for example, is pretty damn well read.
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep, I love reading, excellent stuff, very relaxing.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Flavity)
I've noticed quite recently, that a lot of boys think reading, or English in general is a load of rubbish. Quite personally... I would love to go out with a guy who was well-read, who could hold a conversation, and was relatively good looking, thou the latter isn't so much an issue.

The lack of boys who read is tremendous. I'd love for the guys on here to prove me wrong!!

So are there guys out there who like reading? And if so, what books are your favourites etc?
I don't read much (comparatively), but I do read well.
caroline147
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should get together with this guy:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=788448

You both seem to have very strange ideas about the opposite sex & their interests.
Th4rny
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I find it hard to fit in time to read. When i'm on holiday ect my holiday consists of sleeping, reading, swimming and eating. So get through a few books then but feel guilty when i start to read a book when i know i should be revising for exams!
ColdVein
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Reading is boring. Except harry potter
Arteta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Loads of guys read, I have 27 books in my room that I haven't read yet, that'll keep me busy for at least a year! haha
I don't get round to it much as i don't have much time, but I enjoy it and i'm always buying them.
hannah17clg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Yep, I love reading, excellent stuff, very relaxing.
haha that youtube video just made me get my books out :P
Thoughtless
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think most guys read - some of my faves are 'boy in striped pyjamas' coz that ending was just... yeah
err i like a lot of Jeffrey Archers stuff
bit of John Grisham
I love Orwell - I have read 1984 like 10 times now and its so scary the way that it is almost becoming a reality
err i read all sorts really, just not into any of the fantasy crap like Terry Pratchet etc.
Donald Gillies
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I read alot, but I will admit to finding English rather ridiculous. I mean you can say that a certain technique was used and give any reason that comes to the top of you head. If you are articualte and can construct an arguement you can get away with blatently taking the piss. I enjoy the reading side to it, but the analysis side is pretty laughable.
aelarbi
Report 11 years ago
I read the size of female boobies...
PremierPotters
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, it's a crap place.
me_bludz
Report 11 years ago
no only da poofs read books
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.06%
No - I have already returned home (21)
13.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (35)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.47%

Watched Threads