TSR Christian Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rainbowbex)
Ah yes, I've been a bit stalkery with posts.

oh no worries about the rep! I'm terrible at remembering who I've 'shared the love with' haa (Sorry just found an old PM asking me for rep using that terminology)

Church isn't what makes you a Christian. (I'm sure plenty of people can jump on me if I balls up what I'm trying to say next.. I probably will.)

Church for me, exists to help support us and help us grow as Christians, it can be very hard being a Christian without church because your church are the people that will help you, guide you, admonish you and importantly love you.

Christian means little Christ, to be a Christian you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, rose again three days later and he did that for you, and the saving of your soul.. This can feel like empty words, but if you know that to be true then yay! :p:

So really you are an immature Christian as opposed to not being Christian at all I think is what I'm trying to say. Never doubt that God wants to know you better and that you can come to him through prayer etc (someone better than me could give their thoughts on this please?)

Yes, hope that vaguely makes sense...
That makes perfect sense, thanks :hugs:

I still pray etc but Church scares me because I have a few anxiety issues at the moment :sigh:
KimberleyJane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by + polarity -)
I wonder if Phil, Kimberley and Rebecca met. :holmes:

:holmes:
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
That makes perfect sense, thanks :hugs:

I still pray etc but Church scares me because I have a few anxiety issues at the moment :sigh:
No worries.

Helped me to think over and over, like a mantra 'Trust in God' when my anxiety/worry etc went through the roof. Said it over and over til I relaxed
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
When I get anxious I get quiet. When I get quiet I avoid people. When I avoid people I get depressed. When I get depressed I get anxious. :ahee:
sparklysparkles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have to say, it was interesting - I went to a church on my own last Sunday where I didn't know anyone. Door people said hi as they handed me an intimations sheet, then I wandered through to the main bit (fortunately I'd been in before so knew where to go), then sat down. Nobody said a word to me, though at the end the minister introduced himself and we spoke for a few minutes. All in all... I can now see why church is so daunting for people if they've nobody to go with! And a bit of a challenge, too, in that I'll try and be alert to new people and make them feel more welcome than I felt!
philjw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by KimberleyJane)
I was also at Momentum! :yep: How did you find it?
I've been to Soul Survivor week B in the past, so it was my first year at Momentum, I also worked there and I really enjoyed it!
Yeah, I really enjoyed it - though I only managed to make it to one seminar as was busy putting bandages on people as I was on the first aid team. What team were you on?
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wonder if Phil, Kimberley and Rebecca met. :holmes:
It's entirely possible - I'm wondering if either of them were the pretty blonde steward who asked me if I was a doctor, because I've since come up with a much wittier response than what I actually said, which was something like "No, just a first aider".
KimberleyJane
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by philjw)
Yeah, I really enjoyed it - though I only managed to make it to one seminar as was busy putting bandages on people as I was on the first aid team. What team were you on?
I went to two seminars, but my team was pretty relaxed, I had two nights off (:
I was on the Sports cafe team, which was really great to be on actually, everyone on the team was awesome! Did you enjoy first aid?
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went to two seminars, but my team was pretty relaxed, I had two nights off (:
I was on the Sports cafe team, which was really great to be on actually, everyone on the team was awesome! Did you enjoy first aid?
Yeah it was a good experience and great to be able to serve. There were some real doctors/nurses/physios on team too so I managed to pick up a few new skills too.

I really appreciated Mike Pilavachi's talks in the main meetings, particularly what he said about the role of suffering in the Christian life. I've had a few things that have made this year hard and it's good to get a helpful and biblical perspective on it rather than have well-meaning people tell you that if you have enough faith it will just go away.
KimberleyJane
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah it was a good experience and great to be able to serve. There were some real doctors/nurses/physios on team too so I managed to pick up a few new skills too.

I really appreciated Mike Pilavachi's talks in the main meetings, particularly what he said about the role of suffering in the Christian life. I've had a few things that have made this year hard and it's good to get a helpful and biblical perspective on it rather than have well-meaning people tell you that if you have enough faith it will just go away.
That's cool!

Yeah, I agree, I also really enjoyed what Ellie (can't remember her last name) had to say. I think that's what I like about Soul Survivor, the people who talk are relatable and are clear on what they believe, no faffing around!
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
It's entirely possible - I'm wondering if either of them were the pretty blonde steward who asked me if I was a doctor, because I've since come up with a much wittier response than what I actually said, which was something like "No, just a first aider".
:giggle: What was your original response?

I hate it when that happens. :sigh:
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:giggle: What was your original response?

I hate it when that happens. :sigh:
Oh no, that was my original response. The wittier response would have been "I will be", which has the benefit of being true if a PhD in Theology counts
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's cool!

Yeah, I agree, I also really enjoyed what Ellie (can't remember her last name) had to say. I think that's what I like about Soul Survivor, the people who talk are relatable and are clear on what they believe, no faffing around!
Ellie Mumford... and if you're wondering why the name sound familiar, here's why. Marcus (lead singer) is her son.
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys :ahee:

Last night I was reading a bit of Mark (I've finally reached the betrayal :p:), and I was wondering how the author got all this information, then I came across this. It's really really long, but perhaps you could read the first section or two and tell me what you think? I mean, do you think the conclusions drawn are sound conclusions? :flutter:
KimberleyJane
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ellie Mumford... and if you're wondering why the name sound familiar, here's why. Marcus (lead singer) is her son.

Yeah I remember now, thanks!
Magnum Opus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh no, that was my original response. The wittier response would have been "I will be", which has the benefit of being true if a PhD in Theology counts
I think you'll need some work on those chat-up lines. :p: Where have you been, I haven't seen you around in ages. :woo:
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
:hi:

What do you think of this? :ninja:
+ polarity -
Report 8 years ago
2000!
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Magnum Opus)
I think you'll need some work on those chat-up lines. :p: Where have you been, I haven't seen you around in ages. :woo:
I'll give it a try anyway.
I've not been on TSR for a while - dissertation and finals and then fun summer stuff really. Well, fun when it stopped raining.
RachelOranges
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi guys I was wondering if any of you could help me out.

I'm studying self-forgiveness at the moment and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good books on it.
I've been reading the Bible and I'm currently reading Joyce Meyer "Managing Emotions" but I feel I need something extra on forgiveness, in particular self-forgiveness.

Thanks
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads