Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Christian Society watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I didn't realise people made such a big deal about it. :erm: is it bad that I didn't read the basis? I mean, there'll always be things to disagree with, but I've never heard anyone bang on about the infallibility of the Bible or whatever :o:
    I didn't read it until this summer.. some 6months after I was asked to help lead in CU.

And I think that God is more important than some doctrinal basis.

(Original post by rainbowbex)
    I didn't read it until this summer.. some 6months after I was asked to help lead in CU.

And I think that God is more important than some doctrinal basis.
    Loooool

Real Talk :shades:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Loooool

Real Talk :shades:
    I also think that some CU's are better than others. Bristol's CU is much better than what I've heard of others!

(Original post by rainbowbex)
    I also think that some CU's are better than others. Bristol's CU is much better than what I've heard of others!
    Yeah I like the Lunchbars or whatever they're called. Interesting topics :yep:

And I have not seen any evidence of any craziness! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in an apologetics group at ours hoping to train up a whole load of lunchbar speakers, yay!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Yeah I like the Lunchbars or whatever they're called. Interesting topics :yep:

And I have not seen any evidence of any craziness! :p:
    So true! I've never been to one... x

I found this just a little interesting :creep:

:mmm:

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

hope you guys are in good spirits.i'm here to get some help regarding some stuff in bible.i was wondering if some girls here can help!!If someone is willing to help please PM me.

Thanks. . .

ReputationRep:

:ahee:
    :rofl:

(Original post by KimberleyJane)
    :rofl:
    Hi!

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    awesome, can I join? no idea how though xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLooksLikeFun:))
    awesome, can I join? no idea how though xD
    You should be able to join here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=51
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    A few questions for you guys about this society now that we have got the new social groups on TSR...

As randdon linked to above, the groups page can now be found at: Heello

I just created a new social group for all current students at the University of York and graduates. I guess it can also be used by future students too.

So please do join if you want to: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1026

If we see a lot of people joining, then we might want to consider separate groups for graduates, current students, applicants and even smaller groups like colleges, courses, societies etc.

Also, anyone want to be the leader of this group?

1) Are you happy with the description - any suggestions for a new one if you think it's needed...
    2) Are you happy with the group image? We can change it if you have a better suggestion that we agree on.
    3) We can associate the group with a different forum whilst keeping the thread in the society forum - which forum do you think is the best one (i.e. if someone was to click on the 'view associated groups' button in a forum, under which one would they expect to find the Christian Society?)
    4) I've made the group auto-join so we no longer need to process join requests - you OK with this?
    5) We can associate other threads with the group - so if you want to start a specific discussion in a new thread for this group do so - and place it in the approrpiate forum. Plus you can associate any thread with this group (if you're a member) by clicking on the 'Thread tools' button above the top post on a thread page and selected to associate the thread with a group. Please do associate any relevant threads to make the group page a good reference point for good christian threads across TSR.
    6) We can also associste images with the group, so if you have any you want to upload to TSR that are relevant for this group, then upload them to your account and then associate them with this group - the Jesus cat one might be a good example of one that would be nice on the main group page

ReputationRep:
    *enters society*

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

:ninja:
    Hello!

:ninjagirl:

(Original post by lilac spooge)
    *enters society*
    Welcome. :girl:

Hello!

:ninjagirl:
    Took your time :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Took your time :curious:

:sad: I know, I went away for four days :sad:

:console:

But Hello! :tea:

:sad: I know, I went away for four days :sad:

:console:

But Hello! :tea:
    Aw cool, where to?

Hi. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Aw cool, where to?

Hi. :bigsmile:
    Was a youth leader at a camp Was awesome!

How are you?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.