Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    No... go on

~Since I'm here, I'll rant a little. I haven't been to church this term, apart from when I went home. I feel bad, because I really don't want to be a nominal Christian (honest! ) but I keep either forgetting, or going to bed reeeeally late on Saturday.

And just why is it so easy to forget (well, not forget... just leave out of one's thought... ) all of this? And just live without all this? Why?! :emo:
    Go to church in the evenings on Sunday perhaps

Or set an alarm :p:

(Original post by Facticity)
    Go to church in the evenings on Sunday perhaps

Or set an alarm :p:
    :rofl: The simplest of replies

but most like the best :dong:

I like the morning ones. They do have afternoon services, but I'm either doing work or still in my pyjamas

I guess I'll have to work on that first. :ashamed2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :rofl: The simplest of replies

but most like the best :dong:

I like the morning ones. They do have afternoon services, but I'm either doing work or still in my pyjamas

I guess I'll have to work on that first. :ashamed2:
    :laugh: well pol I think you will have to start sleeping in your Sunday best :rofl2:

Well you could always sleep early on Saturdays also :p: another simple but effective reply.

:laugh: well pol I think you will have to start sleeping in your Sunday best :rofl2:

Well you could always sleep early on Saturdays also :p: another simple but effective reply.
    Yep. :ashamed2:

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Oh who cares about the 'x' .. If your offended, don't join!

This is a great idea.. must say I was shocked and pleasantly surprised when I seen a group like this!

I'd love to hear about any stories you may have on Christian experiences or anything? Witnessed any miracles of any sort ??
    How did you all become christian ?

Again, very happy this group exists!

ReputationRep:
    No... go on

~Since I'm here, I'll rant a little. I haven't been to church this term, apart from when I went home. I feel bad, because I really don't want to be a nominal Christian (honest! ) but I keep either forgetting, or going to bed reeeeally late on Saturday.

And just why is it so easy to forget (well, not forget... just leave out of one's thought... ) all of this? And just live without all this? Why?! :emo:
    I'm with the other guy, just set your alarm! You'll have to actually WANT to go though.. Whats your church like? Which denomination?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dannimcq)

This is a great idea.. must say I was shocked and pleasantly surprised when I seen a group like this!

I'd love to hear about any stories you may have on Christian experiences or anything? Witnessed any miracles of any sort ??

Well welcome to the TSR Christian soc. I am relatively new member but I still feel someone should welcome you :bigsmile:

People are currently out I guess, but just post here and you will get a reply

ReputationRep:
    Well welcome to the TSR Christian soc. I am relatively new member but I still feel someone should welcome you :bigsmile:

Awh thanks man, I feel so loved :five:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well Its always good to see a new member and Christian

I'm sure everyone here will be just as nice.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    No... go on

I've hardly been this term either, having gone all summer without it, I was almost (very foolishly) thinking I was fine without it. What an idiot! Come to church with me pols, or on a sat night, we have sat night worship

And it's easy to understand why church doesn't cross your mind - need to get into the habit of going! And realising that you like going? non?

Hello, haven't seen you post here before (I may not post much, but I lurk here. Alot. alot, alot - ahem)

Welcome to yourself also

May I enquire as to why you were shocked?

I have witnessed many things... and the miracle of my own life..God doesn't just save once, but keeps on saving.

To keep things succinct, I was raised in a christian family, but decided I'd rather not be a christian because it forbade lots of fun things... And joined the CU at uni when I arrived.... now I lead

Ummm that was very succinct. lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Hello, haven't seen you post here before (I may not post much, but I lurk here. Alot. alot, alot - ahem)

Welcome to yourself also
    Why thank you

I have been here for a while now, only posted a few times but I talk to pol, so I thought I would answer him this evening on here. I have seen you here but never spoken to you directly

Welcome :ahee:

I'm with the other guy, just set your alarm! You'll have to actually WANT to go though.. Whats your church like? Which denomination?
    I do want to go! Until I wake up at 9:30... in the cold... :nothing:

The church nearest to me is quite similar to the church I attend at home, but with more white people I suppose. They seem nice... I just felt a little out of place the firstonly 3 times I went there.

I've hardly been this term either, having gone all summer without it, I was almost (very foolishly) thinking I was fine without it. What an idiot! Come to church with me pols, or on a sat night, we have sat night worship

And it's easy to understand why church doesn't cross your mind - need to get into the habit of going! And realising that you like going? non?
    Do you lead the CU Central thing on Thursdays? Weekday meetings seem a bit... alien to me. I'm not sure about Saturdays though. :holmes:

But why does it have to be a habit? :cry:

... :rofl:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Welcome :ahee:

I do want to go! Until I wake up at 9:30... in the cold... :nothing:

The church nearest to me is quite similar to the church I attend at home, but with more white people I suppose. They seem nice... I just felt a little out of place the firstonly 3 times I went there.

Do you lead the CU Central thing on Thursdays? Weekday meetings seem a bit... alien to me. I'm not sure about Saturdays though. :holmes:

But why does it have to be a habit? :cry:
    then GO!

Were they not very welcoming?? If it's a big church it might take some of them a moment (few times going) to realise your new?

I don't lead CU:Central, but sometimes I go - so drop me a line if you want me to meet you there

Saturday's is run by my church so it's quite umm different I guess (very different to any church I experienced at home) Very worshipful - very spiritual, it's a lovely atmosphere!!

It's not that you go out of habit, its that you go because you want to, but making going habitual. Like you settle into the rhythm of going and thus it doesn't jar so much xx
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Why thank you

I have been here for a while now, only posted a few times but I talk to pol, so I thought I would answer him this evening on here. I have seen you here but never spoken to you directly
    Since sept is a while?

Ahah, I've only been in this soc maybe 6-7months (i forget) but I've been lurking on trs since 08.

I've wasted two years of my life here. Oh dear! lol

Well it's lovely to talk to you for the first time, are you at uni - etc etc x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ... :rofl:
    oh dear.... some merit to that, however, not the most articulate of sermons. I am not so sure about the 11th one :laugh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Since sept is a while?

Ahah, I've only been in this soc maybe 6-7months (i forget) but I've been lurking on trs since 08.

I've wasted two years of my life here. Oh dear! lol

Well it's lovely to talk to you for the first time, are you at uni - etc etc x
    Actually I joined on like the last day of september

Well I have a long ways too catch up to you lol

Yes nice to talk to you too. I am currently studying IB at sixth form. Applying to uni this year

Where do you study?

then GO!

Were they not very welcoming?? If it's a big church it might take some of them a moment (few times going) to realise your new?

I don't lead CU:Central, but sometimes I go - so drop me a line if you want me to meet you there

Saturday's is run by my church so it's quite umm different I guess (very different to any church I experienced at home) Very worshipful - very spiritual, it's a lovely atmosphere!!

It's not that you go out of habit, its that you go because you want to, but making going habitual. Like you settle into the rhythm of going and thus it doesn't jar so much xx
    The first time they were nice

The second time I bumped into someone on my course, so that was cool

The third time they were also lovely but it was more prayer than sermon, and I'm not good at that :ashamed2:

The last time was like a kids service or something and then I freaked out and just left :rofl:

Cool.

Ah, I understand now. Thanks! :hugs:

oh dear.... some merit to that, however, not the most articulate of sermons. I am not so sure about the 11th one :laugh:
    Me neither!

ReputationRep:

Welcome to yourself also

May I enquire as to why you were shocked?

I have witnessed many things... and the miracle of my own life..God doesn't just save once, but keeps on saving.

To keep things succinct, I was raised in a christian family, but decided I'd rather not be a christian because it forbade lots of fun things... And joined the CU at uni when I arrived.... now I lead

Ummm that was very succinct. lol
    I'm shocked because I've grown up in a place where being Christian is 'weird' and so, I don't come by many except for the few in my church! (which I only found a few months ago!) I'm from Ireland.. It appears to me that the UK are way more open about their faith!

The miracle of your own life ? Whoa that sounds interesting! Do tell, please!

You decided as in, past tense and now your Christian again? Or present tense are you juggle believe with fun things?!

There's a CU at your uni ?? :O What Uni do you go to?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'm shocked because I've grown up in a place where being Christian is 'weird' and so, I don't come by many except for the few in my church! (which I only found a few months ago!) I'm from Ireland.. It appears to me that the UK are way more open about their faith!

The miracle of your own life ? Whoa that sounds interesting! Do tell, please!

You decided as in, past tense and now your Christian again? Or present tense are you juggle believe with fun things?!

There's a CU at your uni ?? :O What Uni do you go to?
    Fair enough I mean in the sense of the work God has done in my life, and with me! I'm sorry to disappoint you but testimony is such a personal thing and I'm not willing to share it here.

I believe that Jesus died for me and I am growing in spiritual and faith maturity to push towards a christ-centred life.

the things I left my faith for (though I think I always -deep down-still kinda believed in God) now have no hold on me... I have had death to the most obvious parts of myself.

it's a really long story. lol

There are CU's at most uni's see here I study at the University of Bristol.

Are you at uni? where? how's life for you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.