TSR Christian Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
jmj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi, I'm a Christian- I've already requested to join- please let me join! :-) Can I ask how do I know whether I've been accepted or rejected?
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK, well does anyone want to share a blessing or have they seen something they want of God and need a bit more encouragement / help / faith to get it ?
jmj
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sir Esh)
Hehe, yeah, I find that helps in general life, actually. In terms of reading, I mean. A lot of expressions that you normally don't come across.

What do people think is the thing that shows how they are different to other people, because they are a christian? What one thing makes you different to those around you, that people can see?
Well, for one thing, we've been studying the New Testament and I definately felt more comfortable studying it because of my religious upbringing. Also being the only Christian in an RS class marks you out as being different because you have to defend your faith in front of others, in terms of defending the existence of God, and defending my beliefs has actually really increased my confidence.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sir Esh)
Hehe, yeah, I find that helps in general life, actually. In terms of reading, I mean. A lot of expressions that you normally don't come across.

What do people think is the thing that shows how they are different to other people, because they are a christian? What one thing makes you different to those around you, that people can see?
Being loving and forgiving are two of the big things. Sometimes, with people who aren't Christian, I feel as if they have a hard time forgiving me for mistakes I make, as if they've labelled me.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aeris)
. . . I feel as if they have a hard time forgiving me for mistakes I make, as if they've labelled me.
No, there is no good reason why they shouldn't receive what God offers, but they are looking at "the works of darkness" (usually lust instead of love) so they have to try & justify themselves by finding fault in people that claim to believe in God.
jmj
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aeris)
Being loving and forgiving are two of the big things. Sometimes, with people who aren't Christian, I feel as if they have a hard time forgiving me for mistakes I make, as if they've labelled me.
I completely know where you're coming from on that. About a year and a half ago now, I fell out with my friend on something I thought she completely overeacted on and didn't speak to me for at least half a year. We're friends again now but whenever I'm hanging around with her I'm always cautious as if she's about to bring it up again, I feel like she never really forgave me, as if she's always holding a grudge against me.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its also alot about insecurity. When people don't have inner peace about their validity/acceptance, then they are always anxious to read negative connotations into everything you say or do.. even the good stuff!
seashellstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll join, thanx.
Millie B
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can i join 2 Plz
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Click here to join

Craghyrax, that's very true about people reading negative things into even the good that you try and do - I've been reading Nehemiah recently and he had to put up with a lot of that. People started spreading rumours that he was trying to make himself the king when all he was concerned about was rebuilding Jerusalem to honour God.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Am I the only one who gets sad when she sees people in the Christian forum with red gems?
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aeris)
Am I the only one who gets sad when she sees people in the Christian forum with red gems?
We'd be the sad ones if we began to follow the world's example in judging on appearances. :cool:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by philjw)
Click here to join

Craghyrax, that's very true about people reading negative things into even the good that you try and do - I've been reading Nehemiah recently and he had to put up with a lot of that. People started spreading rumours that he was trying to make himself the king when all he was concerned about was rebuilding Jerusalem to honour God.
I think its one of the hardest lessons for me as a person to learn. I'm naturally very defensive, but God's glory is most revealed and he is most honoured when we let these things go and don't try and defend ourselves. He goes before us, and his banner over us is his love. We step outside of his annointing and covering when we try and vindicate ourselves, but its astonishing how he 'affirms' us and speaks up for us even when we think that our credibility is lost. When we're in the situation we can't see the forest for the trees, but actually God's in control..and usually we only latch onto the big picture in hindsight! A bit like God hardening Pharoah's heart for his purposes.
Hahah.. but its easier said than done! I'm a fairly argumentative creature!!! :rolleyes:
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aeris)
Yeah, though people can pick them up for different reasons. And if you're new like me, it only takes one person with a mega-rep power to disagree with you to whack you down into the red

TBH, I don't really put much store by the rep thing, though maybe that would change if I had any
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i want to join but i dunno how :confused:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Philjw posted a link on this very page. Just read back a few posts!
(Original post by ma3eeni)
i want to join but i dunno how :confused:
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Philjw posted a link on this very page. Just read back a few posts!
itll take for ever ... :confused:
Elanor_Gamgee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ma3eeni)
itll take for ever ... :confused:
Go up 4 posts!! lol
crazynutter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just out of interest: Where do people stand on 6 day creation?
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by crazynutter)
Just out of interest: Where do people stand on 6 day creation?
I stand on it, 6 revolutions of the earth.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads