Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/1...an-oil-change/
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
So do you guys ever have those moments when you know you've been judged to be completely wacko because of God? And then you want to justify yourself like that'd make it ok when really you know you shouldn't feel ashamed because you know you've done the right thing?

(on the other hand, on a good day people still think I'm wacko, and always remember the strange and embarrassing things about myself.. I don't know what it is about me that makes me stick in peoples memories!!!)
rainbowbex
Report 7 years ago
It's also really encouraging to see so many posts, especially about conversations and the like. God is really doing some flippig awesome things this year!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rainbowbex)
So do you guys ever have those moments when you know you've been judged to be completely wacko because of God? And then you want to justify yourself like that'd make it ok when really you know you shouldn't feel ashamed because you know you've done the right thing?

(on the other hand, on a good day people still think I'm wacko, and always remember the strange and embarrassing things about myself.. I don't know what it is about me that makes me stick in peoples memories!!!)
I get that on threads in this forum

Prayed for you, Facticity
mevidek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Facticity)
Had a great day today - rode about 50 miles in the lovely sunshine as I'm training for a charity ride to ride to 4 theme parks in 4 days in just under 400 miles for a youth charity which I just signed up for :yes:

Could use some prayers for endurance to make it through. I have a long few weeks of training ahead and whilst one part of me really relishes the challenge, the lazier part of me doesn't aha
Orayer said - I hope everything goes well for you!

Anybody church-ing tomorrow?
rainbowbex
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mevidek)
Orayer said - I hope everything goes well for you!

I don't fancy it.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I might try. The new translation doesn't half depress me though. It's very disconcerting not knowing what to say :sadnod:
skotch
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rainbowbex)
I don't fancy it.
:O why not?
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Facticity)
Had a great day today - rode about 50 miles in the lovely sunshine as I'm training for a charity ride to ride to 4 theme parks in 4 days in just under 400 miles for a youth charity which I just signed up for :yes:

Could use some prayers for endurance to make it through. I have a long few weeks of training ahead and whilst one part of me really relishes the challenge, the lazier part of me doesn't aha
Praying for you! After all, if anyone knows about enduring a long distance event it's me! At least you're doing training. The three things which kept me going were these:
1) I would have hated to let everyone who sponsored me down
2) I wanted to be able to say I'd done a marathon
3) I promised myself if I didn't complete it, I'd never get another piercing or a tattoo.
mevidek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I might try. The new translation doesn't half depress me though. It's very disconcerting not knowing what to say :sadnod:
What do you mean? (Sorry, I'm a bit confused :confused:)
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What do you mean? (Sorry, I'm a bit confused :confused:)
The Catholic Mass has been changed recently so it's all new words and very confusing :sadnod:
rainbowbex
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by skotch)
:O why not?
I've a prayer room slot booked and I actually have things I need to do (plus still feeling a little churched out from going twice last week!)
mevidek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Catholic Mass has been changed recently so it's all new words and very confusing :sadnod:
Oh, I see... Do many others know the words?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh, I see... Do many others know the words?
Not in my church. We're all still saying the old version by accident :rofl:
lovers in japan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Yeah chats like that are hard, I'll pray that if an opportunity arises again you'll feel confident and empowered with the Holy Spirit and know what to say :yep:
Thank you I'm hoping he might come along to my church's equivalent of the Alpha Course... I really want to play laser quest now! :p:

Also a bit gutted that I had to miss Church this morning, was meant to be doing kids work, but have a really bad cold Gonna have to miss the afternoon service as well!
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is this the case for your church or all Catholic Churches? :erm:

If so what new translation exactly?

Have they decided to use English now

I think I may set up an epetition to force the Church to use Proper , understandable English in mass now.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
Is this the case for your church or all Catholic Churches? :erm:

If so what new translation exactly?

Have they decided to use English now

I think I may set up an epetition to force the Church to use Proper , understandable English in mass now.
All Catholic churches. The change is to the English translation. I can't seem to find a good link to show the changes :no: It's effectively saying the same thing but just different words, which are supposed to be closer to the original text (and thus closer to what Anglicans say)
mevidek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not in my church. We're all still saying the old version by accident :rofl:
Haha, I wonder why they don't just keep it the same
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha, I wonder why they don't just keep it the same
The change is a good thing if it's closer to the original. Will just take a bit of getting used to
mevidek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The change is a good thing if it's closer to the original. Will just take a bit of getting used to
Fair enough, but there doesn't need to be a sudden change - it could just be little by little as it'd be easier to get used to.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
30.23%
No - I got the required grades (147)
56.98%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.79%

Watched Threads