Just saw my mum's status from a year ago about my Granddads death :'(

Feeling really teary and a bit crap.

:jumphug:

You know where my inbox is if that would help :console:
Reply 7083
Original post by mevidek
I thought you were Muslim.

Probably ''fellow'' wasn't the most appropiate word, :colondollar:

I have no problems with this thread, a lot of it reflects the ISOC, hence I used it.
Original post by Florrick
Hello fellow Christians
Please sign this petition:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/885

Can you explain what this petition is for?
Reply 7085
Original post by JB Johnstone
Can you explain what this petition is for?

Please spare a few minutes for an innocent man who has served seven long years of his life in high security prison, despite of having no charge or conviction of any kind against him, awaiting extradition and a subsequent trial in a country he has never set foot in. The extradition request is based on the same evidence gathered during 2003 raid, which the British courts of justice found insufficient to charge Babar Ahmad with any crime.

Babar's family and friends have initiated a petition campaign on the government's website demanding that Babar must be tried in this country, where crime is supposed to have been committed. The petition MUST get at least 100,000 signatures before 10/11/2011 for the parliament to consider this issue.

Original post by JB Johnstone
Praying. :smile:

thanks

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

You know where my inbox is if that would help :console:

I'll be ok, I'm just a bit tired and fed up x
Probably ''fellow'' wasn't the most appropiate word, :colondollar:

I have no problems with this thread, a lot of it reflects the ISOC, hence I used it.

I'm not going to sign that simply because there's no evidence as far as I know that disproves the claims against him - that said I know very little about the issue so I can't sign it :frown:

How do you know he's innocent?
Reply 7089
Original post by mevidek
I'm not going to sign that simply because there's no evidence as far as I know that disproves the claims against him - that said I know very little about the issue so I can't sign it :frown:

There isn't evidence for the claims either but why is there evidence shown for the extradition of Gary McKinnon by NASA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon#NASA_documents
Original post by rainbowbex

Original post by rainbowbex
I'll be ok, I'm just a bit tired and fed up x

Are you still going out? :tongue:

I missed Freshers Fair because of this headache :facepalm2: Can I like... email societies to join?
Reply 7091
Original post by mevidek

I also agree what his sister says, this isn't just about a Muslim thing only...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PwS5q6jag1Q
What do you guys think of the book of Revelation? I've never read it from start to finish all the way through before, but have been this week. I have a couple of chapters left and really want to study it properly so I can fully understand it all. Certainly is an interesting book, even with a limited understanding.
I'm suprised that some people take it so literally. I haven't read it since I was about 7, but I didn't get the feeling that it was meant to be taken totally literally; they were visions after all (weren't they? :colondollar:). I found it interesting at the time though.
Original post by + polarity -
Are you still going out? :tongue:

I missed Freshers Fair because of this headache :facepalm2: Can I like... email societies to join?

Yeah you can sign up online :smile: and yes. going out :smile: xx
Original post by + polarity -
I'm suprised that some people take it so literally. I haven't read it since I was about 7, but I didn't get the feeling that it was meant to be taken totally literally; they were visions after all (weren't they? :colondollar:). I found it interesting at the time though.

How literally do some people take it? It does seem that the author (John?) explains in the first chapter it's likely to be a vision and at the very least he calls it a prophecy and so that too should tell us to be careful when undertsanding what is said.

But back to how literal to take it. Do some people think the events will happen exactly as it's said in there? My understanding is that it's fully of imagery and symbolism and so whilst it speaks of things which have and will happen, you have to interpret what is said to understand more of what those 'events' will be. But beyond that, I don't feel qualified to say much more, even though I really want to be able to :p: Anyone have any suggestions for good commentaries or study guides for the book, preferable one's you might have used yourself or know people have use :smile:
Original post by RK
How literally do some people take it? It does seem that the author (John?) explains in the first chapter it's likely to be a vision and at the very least he calls it a prophecy and so that too should tell us to be careful when undertsanding what is said.

But back to how literal to take it. Do some people think the events will happen exactly as it's said in there? My understanding is that it's fully of imagery and symbolism and so whilst it speaks of things which have and will happen, you have to interpret what is said to understand more of what those 'events' will be. But beyond that, I don't feel qualified to say much more, even though I really want to be able to :p: Anyone have any suggestions for good commentaries or study guides for the book, preferable one's you might have used yourself or know people have use :smile:

I'm afraid it's a book I don't have much knowledge about either, although I can confirm that John was the author. The book is split into 4 visions, iirc. Re-reading it on my phone at the moment.

Slightly weird idea, but how about a TSR X-Soc Bible Study for the Book of Revelation? (Not sure how the logistics would work...)
Original post by EEngWillow
I'm afraid it's a book I don't have much knowledge about either, although I can confirm that John was the author. The book is split into 4 visions, iirc. Re-reading it on my phone at the moment.

Slightly weird idea, but how about a TSR X-Soc Bible Study for the Book of Revelation? (Not sure how the logistics would work...)

Not quite sure how it would work, but might be an idea to give it a go. Do you have any thoughts on how it might work? Perhaps a chapter could be read every few days and we could research the chapter. Perhaps someone with a study guide or commentary could post up questions....I'm actually planning on going to a Christian bookshop tomorrow, so I might look for a book for myself for Revelation, but I could also see if the one I get might be of use for something in here, should we decide to do something on Revelation :smile:
Original post by RK
Not quite sure how it would work, but might be an idea to give it a go. Do you have any thoughts on how it might work? Perhaps a chapter could be read every few days and we could research the chapter. Perhaps someone with a study guide or commentary could post up questions....I'm actually planning on going to a Christian bookshop tomorrow, so I might look for a book for myself for Revelation, but I could also see if the one I get might be of use for something in here, should we decide to do something on Revelation :smile:

I don't have any idea how it would work, I was hoping somebody with an admin's organisational talent would...yeah, :tongue:

I guess we could take a couple of days to read (and read around a chapter) as you suggest. Afterwards we can post our thoughts on the chapter, and about any parts we had difficulty with or aren't clear about - I'm expecting quite a few! - which would allow us to discuss said unclear verses and (hopefully) deepen our understanding as a consequence?

(A set of questions to think about wouldn't hurt either)
I also agree what his sister says, this isn't just about a Muslim thing only...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PwS5q6jag1Q

I don't know, sorry but I'm not sure which side to join. Sorry!

Latest

Trending

Trending