TSR Christian Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Nephilim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RK)
Anyone have any suggestions for good commentaries or study guides for the book, preferable one's you might have used yourself or know people have use
The Holy Spirit .

I think the X-SOC dedicated to the book of Revelation is an excellent idea. I feel a really good notification in my spirit about the idea. Let's do it! .
Florrick
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mevidek)
I don't know, sorry but I'm not sure which side to join. Sorry!
It's ok.
EEngWillow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work and we carry on chatting as per usual. :P
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EEngWillow)
I don't have any idea how it would work, I was hoping somebody with an admin's organisational talent would...yeah,

I guess we could take a couple of days to read (and read around a chapter) as you suggest. Afterwards we can post our thoughts on the chapter, and about any parts we had difficulty with or aren't clear about - I'm expecting quite a few! - which would allow us to discuss said unclear verses and (hopefully) deepen our understanding as a consequence?

(A set of questions to think about wouldn't hurt either)
we could do one chapter a week and someone to study (whilst others read) and report back. we could se a pm system with all those that wish to engage or a seperate thread. I personally, think it was a great idea
22KT22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RK)
Not quite sure how it would work, but might be an idea to give it a go. Do you have any thoughts on how it might work? Perhaps a chapter could be read every few days and we could research the chapter. Perhaps someone with a study guide or commentary could post up questions....I'm actually planning on going to a Christian bookshop tomorrow, so I might look for a book for myself for Revelation, but I could also see if the one I get might be of use for something in here, should we decide to do something on Revelation
My church's 20-30s bible study group are currently doing it we're on chapter 6. So if we do it via pms then I'd love to join. Or we could do a christian soc bible study thread so one for purely chatting/prayer requests and one for the bible study.

On good commentries one of the ones we are using is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Message-Reve...026516&sr=8-24 although a more recent addition. Its a good starting point but does require other reading around.
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My dad did his PhD on Revelation, and I studied it a bit for RS A-level. When I'm more sober/less tired I'll expand
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I like the idea of using a thread for it, as that way other people can join in part of the way through, even if they were not around at the start
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like the idea of a thread too: that way I can lurk and learn :ninja:

Can I have some extra prayers please? Have not slept at all and still can't get to sleep. Spent the whole night being haunted by Oxford trauma
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

Can I have some extra prayers please? Have not slept at all and still can't get to sleep. Spent the whole night being haunted by Oxford trauma
I guess that's a good point too - people may read a thread and learn something but not actually post. I wonder how many people read this thread and don't post in it? It'd be great if you anyone reading this would post and say hello

Will pray for you to get some rest/sleep
JB Johnstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Florrick)
Yeah I read that but still have no idea what's going on.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Guys, I've created a new first post to the thread, hopefully making it clearer how to join the society and what it's for. Do any you have any suggestions for the working we could use or what else we might want to include in either the first post or subsequent posts.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RK)
Guys, I've created a new first post to the thread, hopefully making it clearer how to join the society and what it's for. Do any you have any suggestions for the working we could use or what else we might want to include in either the first post or subsequent posts.
I believe Cath Soc has links to apologetics sites. I dunno whether you'd want to do something similar
Florrick
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JB Johnstone)
Yeah I read that but still have no idea what's going on.
:confused: It's pretty much explained very well already, where is the problem?
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RK)
Haven't looked but putting a link to the ask a christian thread? Because that would be helpful I think. X
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

Praying for you

Love the idea of a thread going through revelations :yep:
dreiviergrenadier
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by meatball893)
I've started taking notes during sermons to help me to concentrate. I've found it works
I walked past you the other day
JB Johnstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone here (especially guys!) should most definitely listen to the new 116 album, Man Up.
It's on Spotify and Youtube.
This is the best song, all about sexual temptation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU6Fsg-A470
meatball893
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dreiviergrenadier)
I walked past you the other day
You've now made the fact I don't know who you are even more irritating!! :mad:

Tell me this: Do we actually know each other in real life? Or did you just recognise my face from facebook?
meatball893
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JB Johnstone)
Everyone here (especially guys!) should most definitely listen to the new 116 album, Man Up.
It's on Spotify and Youtube.
This is the best song, all about sexual temptation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU6Fsg-A470
Good lyrics in that, sadly I'm not really into rap...
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
I now have a small study guide for Revelation. I also have a commentary and study guide for Luke. Now just need the time to use them
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (77)
26.92%
No (209)
73.08%

Watched Threads