The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Been a while :colondollar:
Original post by Happy forever
Please, read my question again.
I am asking for an evidence and evidence means a logical proof accepted by mind.

Thanks anyway

Which philosophers or scientists define evidence in that way?
Original post by Calumcalum

Hello! :jumphug:
With the whole Revelation study thing - I'm completely up for it, it's one of my favourite books and there's a lot of amazing stuff there. I do believe, however, that we must go about this all prayerfully and lovingly. I know that sometimes in this thread arguments can escalate, and I'm a tad worried that we may end up quarrelling over things in this Revelation study. Yes, I think we should all go into it open minded and should be willing to discuss viewpoints that are different to our own, completely willing to learn. But at the same time, we must try our utmost not to let arguments escalate. That would be a bad witness.
I am sure this study will gain a lot of interest on the religion forum so we have to endeavour to be good witnesses in it all.
Original post by JB Johnstone
With the whole Revelation study thing - I'm completely up for it, it's one of my favourite books and there's a lot of amazing stuff there. I do believe, however, that we must go about this all prayerfully and lovingly. I know that sometimes in this thread arguments can escalate, and I'm a tad worried that we may end up quarrelling over things in this Revelation study. Yes, I think we should all go into it open minded and should be willing to discuss viewpoints that are different to our own, completely willing to learn. But at the same time, we must try our utmost not to let arguments escalate. That would be a bad witness.
I am sure this study will gain a lot of interest on the religion forum so we have to endeavour to be good witnesses in it all.

Exactly what I was trying to say yesturday, albeit a bit more to the point :colondollar:
Original post by Lantana
Hello! :jumphug:

Hey :awesome: How are you?
Prayed for JB Johnstone's intention :yes:

Original post by d123
I wish I was less paranoid/overanalytical/worried all the time. I also wish that my brief spurts of feeling ready to do the thing I need to do would coincide with circumstances that allowed it to happen. I think I just need to calm down a bit, because if I don't, it's going to be totally counterproductive and drive me crazy.

Sorry, I just needed to rant somewhere that's slightly more anonymous than facebook etc.!

:hugs:
Went to Catholic mass today, it was a nice change of pace, and a bit of a wonder after not having been for quite a while. Overall though I enjoyed it :yes:
Original post by insignificant
Right I have a dilemma. This is kinda my story in brief.

As Lantana said, everyone is a sinner and none of us are worthy to receive the grace or forgiveness that we do. Do not try to focus too much on your past - whilst it is important as it is what has shapped you and brought you to where you are now, it must be more of a memory than a burden. Accept that you did live the way you did, however, that was then as this is now - the now being a new and better time. Go to your uni CU and with pride that you made a change but with an honest heart asking to know more about God. As for your relationships, I can't comment as I don't know either of you but your other half's doings are not yours however if you want to impact a change then talking to him would be the best option I guess. If you feel bad going to CU whilst living a certain way - then change it. It sounds a lot easier said than done however we as Christians choose to ignore the easy, main road and walk the narrow, beaten path which is never easy. So you will stumble but don't let it get you down - everyone stumbles and everyone sins. The only difference between them is, one group chooses to change themselves according to what they believe. :smile:

Hey man. Where have you been :five:

Original post by JB Johnstone

I agree. I think it should be a Bible study - study being the key word, rather than a Bible debate. It should be open hearted and open minded. I think the points of debate before have been more to do with their rather controversial nature, which, I think can be avoided in this as its more a look into the various ideas of a book I doubt anyone here can profess having 100% clarity on.
Original post by Facticity

Hey man. Where have you been :five:

Yo :biggrin: crazy time moving into uni so been mega busy recently! Freshers week just finished so should be able to get back into routine :smile: how have you been?
Original post by d123
I wish I was less paranoid/overanalytical/worried all the time. I also wish that my brief spurts of feeling ready to do the thing I need to do would coincide with circumstances that allowed it to happen. I think I just need to calm down a bit, because if I don't, it's going to be totally counterproductive and drive me crazy.

Sorry, I just needed to rant somewhere that's slightly more anonymous than facebook etc.!

He grants peace to your borders and satisfies you with the finest of wheat.

-Psalm 147:14

I used to be like that. I'd be all excited and ready to go, then I'd look at my circumstance and notice I couldn't do it, then I would become extremely angry. When I was in this situation/place I always found that the peace of the Lord would always soothe me. You need to meditate on His Word and start praising and worshiping the Lord. When you do that, you'll notice all your worries will disappear :biggrin:.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

-Philippians 4:7
Original post by Facticity
Went to Catholic mass today, it was a nice change of pace, and a bit of a wonder after not having been for quite a while. Overall though I enjoyed it :yes:

Did you get the responses right? :ninja:
Hey :awesome: How are you?

I think I may have found a church here. :yes:
Thanks for your prayer this week over the student things at the church I go to. We had the student lunch today and there must have been over 70 people there, mostly from the universities and local language schools - way more than I think most people would ever have imagined would turn up. I'm amazed that we had enough food for all those people whilst still ending up with plenty left over!

We may have ideas in our heads of how things will be, but isn't it amazing when God takes those ideas and totally exceeds them? It's a lesson in never underestimating what God will do :p:
Reply 7174
"Archbishop backs William and Kate's decision to live together before marriage"

The Archbishop of York backed Prince William and Kate Middleton’s decision to live together before marriage, saying that many modern couples want to “test the milk before they buy the cow”.

The title is actually quite misleading. He never 'backs' it, but gives the impression that it isn't relevant. Note, this was in response to the question of them living together before they were married.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by meatball893
You've now made the fact I don't know who you are even more irritating!! :mad:

Tell me this: Do we actually know each other in real life? Or did you just recognise my face from facebook?

Nah, if we knew each other in real life I'd find this far more amusing...

Original post by d123
Are you stalking people again?

Nope (I never stopped). Just found out who Skotch is - we have a mutual friend!

Original post by d123

:tongue:

On a more serious note though, I think you might be being overly critical about what the 'circumstances' have to be like. It might be worth just doing whatever it is when you're ready, irrespective of circumstances.
Original post by Meus
"Archbishop backs William and Kate's decision to live together before marriage"

The Archbishop of York backed Prince William and Kate Middleton’s decision to live together before marriage, saying that many modern couples want to “test the milk before they buy the cow”.

The title is actually quite misleading. He never 'backs' it, but gives the impression that it isn't relevant. Note, this was in response to the question of them living together before they were married.

It's a pretty misleading headline. His real response was:

“But what is important, actually, is not to simply look at the past because they are going to be standing in the Abbey taking these wonderful vows: 'for better for worse; for richer for poorer; in sickness and in health; till death us do part.’”

Which surely seems sensible. Before marriage, teach people to wait. When they're getting married, focus on the future. The only bit that seems a bit weird is his comment that:

"For some people that’s where their journeys are."

I'm not sure he's endorsing it though.

:jumphug: I was talking about you yesterday and mentioned I hadn't see you in a while which was sad :yep:

Original post by dreiviergrenadier

Nope (I never stopped). Just found out who Skotch is - we have a mutual friend!

Hmmm if you found Skotch it shouldn't be hard to find me, I'm an easy stalk!
Original post by greeneyedgirl

:giggle:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
:jumphug: I was talking about you yesterday and mentioned I hadn't see you in a while which was sad :yep:

Original post by Lantana
:giggle:

...Challenge accepted? :P

Latest

Trending

Trending