(Original post by Bakmouth)
Thanks
Prayer said for them :yes:
JB Johnstone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My hindu neighbour just asked me if he could come to church with me next week! aaagh!
wind-swept
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lots of freshers from my college came to church this week
wind-swept
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JB Johnstone)
My hindu neighbour just asked me if he could come to church with me next week! aaagh!
Should have put this in my first post but forgot - I will be praying for your friend (and for you)
22KT22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wind-swept)
Lots of freshers from my college came to church this week
Thats amazing!

Similar thing to thank God for, had an amazing response at student lunch and in children's work.

God really is amazing!

JB: Prayers for you
Calumcalum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First College CU meeting I went to 2 years ago: about 6 people there.
College CU meeting this week: had to move out of someone's room and go to the common room, about 20 people. I love how the church is growing among young people in the UK
wind-swept
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Calumcalum)
First College CU meeting I went to 2 years ago: about 6 people there.
College CU meeting this week: had to move out of someone's room and go to the common room, about 20 people. I love how the church is growing among young people in the UK
:woo: I second the above - may it continue!
mevidek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Great day! Firstly went to Church, where I had a great time, and then at the end was asked to read next week - not sure whether I should be worried or excited... I'm closer to the latter at the moment!
mevidek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bakmouth)
Hi, not been on TSR for a bit but I would really appreciate it if anyone could pray for my best friend and his wife who have tragically suffered a miscarriage.

Thanks
Prayer said! I hope the best for them. Also, God be with you all, and I hope that everybody here achieves all of their dreams and ambitions, and the Lord God shelters and looks after you all in the future!
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What do you do when the one person you rely on when you're feeling down, the one person who can always cheer you up and make you feel better is the person who has made you feel really upset? I have other friends, including my best friend, that I can go but it's not the same. I want to talk to this one person and I can't.

Sorry for the emo-ness of this, I just need to let out what I'm feeling right now.
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago

:laugh:
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can I have prayers for my friend, a child she used to childmind for a few years but who is now 13, tried to commit suicide. Apart from it just being a horrible experience in general, it's really shaken her faith and she, the boy and the boy's family and friends could really do with prayers.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't normally ask for prayers on here, but a friend of mine has just had a double lung transplant after suffering from cystic fibrosis for 24 years and is having a bit of a hard time recovering! So prayers would be very much appreciated for her and her family. We all just want her to pull through from it. Thank you xx
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I don't normally ask for prayers on here, but a friend of mine has just had a double lung transplant after suffering from cystic fibrosis for 24 years and is having a bit of a hard time recovering! So prayers would be very much appreciated for her and her family. We all just want her to pull through from it. Thank you xx
Praying. Keep us updated
EEngWillow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So, my week away is over and I'm back in the office. Totally out of it, wish I was still in Guildford (or at least still on holiday...). On the plus side, totally amazing week. Saw some friends that I haven't seen for a while, spent a lot of time chilling with Church people, shared my testimony in Church yesterday to all the new students and then listened to an amazing talk on Prophecy from Pete Greig (Talk on website soon; I'll definitely be posting it here when it's available!) On the downside, as I may have mentioned, I'm back in the office

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Can I have prayers for my friend, a child she used to childmind for a few years but who is now 13, tried to commit suicide. Apart from it just being a horrible experience in general, it's really shaken her faith and she, the boy and the boy's family and friends could really do with prayers.
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Praying for you both!
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EEngWillow)
Praying for you both!
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Praying. Keep us updated
Thank you very much. Will post updates when available, but looks like it's going to be a long and difficult journey!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
What do you do when the one person you rely on when you're feeling down, the one person who can always cheer you up and make you feel better is the person who has made you feel really upset? I have other friends, including my best friend, that I can go but it's not the same. I want to talk to this one person and I can't.

Sorry for the emo-ness of this, I just need to let out what I'm feeling right now.
:jumphug: I really wish I knew the answer to that. Perhaps you should try and tell this person that they've upset you? Sometimes a good honest conversation is the best way forward.

My inbox is open if you need it.

Prayers said for the prayer requests
+ polarity -
Report 7 years ago
dayum

13 is quite young to consider offing yourself
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah which makes it extra hard to comprehend.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads