Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc707)
    Dont worry, Im 17 and a few years ago I was experiencing pretty much the same as you. I was depressed, stressed and contemplated suicide. I had always been a Catholic but nothing strengthened my faith at that time. I had faith in the Lord and now im very happy and comfortable with my life. Remember, some people say we choose the life we live before we are born. Maybe you chose this to strengthen you and Im sure that in a few years or maybe sooner you'll look back on this time in your life and laugh.
    Remember what it says in the bible: 'Blessed are those who are laughed at and mocked because of me (God speaking). Have Faith because it is at your weakest that God is most with you, so it is at your weakest that you are at your strongest.' Cant remember the exact quote but it was something very similar to that.

Have Faith in God and never lose hope. Also, we all have Guardian angels who are with us in every living moment. If you feel you cant speak to your parents talk to your angel and you'll see that things will begin to improve

God bless.
    Thank you, that is really kind of you

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
    Thank you, so much :')

(Original post by gltw)
    Call on God for mercy, tell him your need, ask for a new heart, mind and will.

Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

God will never turn you away, he is loving and merciful no matter what you have done, or how little your faith may be.

Repent, turn from sin and turn to God. Then you will have great faith. Remain in constant prayer. Share your love for God with others.

God Bless you and be with you. I'll remember you in prayer.
    Thank you!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Thank you, so much :')

Thank you!
    No problem, anything to help a friend :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by EEngWillow)
    I never said what the L stood for! Assumptions are bad (Although to be fair, neither character would be as amazing without the other acting as a counter-point)

I do admit the fillers get quite annoying! Although, the filler season that's just finished was actually quite good (for a filler - it did start slow though). Also, since I haven't done any creative writing for a long time despite my love of it, I'm thinking of writing some fan-fic for it...

I finished Soul Eater. Seen the original series of FMA and, I think I finished Brotherhood. (Is Brotherhood finished?)
    I always hear good things about One Piece, I just literally can't ever find time for it!
    Well considering L was the name of a Character and no one refers to Yagami Light as L because L is already a distinct character, I would say its a safe assumption They wouldn't but c'mon, Light is just the epitome of evil douche but you can't help but love his character :giggle:

Fan fic or doujin? As in, write or draw? :ninja:

You should know if you finished it But yes Brotherhood did finish. I understand what you mean though, with 520 episodes right now it would be hard to catch up. But the manga is great as well. I don't know if you read manga but I think you should definitely try it, I find manga is much better for art and style than anime sometimes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi again!

You may remember me asking if I could PM a few of you about something? Well, I've been putting this off for a long time, and my inbox is nearly full, so I'm just going to type this here. I think I've made significant progress since I first tried to deal with these things, but I have a feeling all this progress could be, erm, easily undone.
    Pol bro, don't stay sad, we're here you know! I won't dish out the hugs, but some manly high fives :five: :five:

Spoiler:
    Show
    But to get into your problem, everyone feels distant at one time or another. I had a big period of feeling away from God, and even nowadays I float in and out. You'd be surprised that actually time is often your enemy. I find the busier you keep or the more you tend to put things in front of the issue at hand, the worse it gets and the harder it is for you to come back. As GEG said, just pray and speak to God in your day to day, don't feel as if you can't or don't have time. Putting aside a bit of time will often work wonders, whether its to read the Bible, pray quickly or even just listen to some worship tunes. Or if you can't get used to reading a bible or praying use daily prayer apps. I think you could really benefit from talking to someone IRL about these issues but if you can't I think you should be less closed up and feel free to talk to us mate I think with God, you should also give it time. By that I don't mean let it drag, rather start low and let it build, contrary to popular opinion God doesn't always strike us with thunder and we feel as if we are great Christians overnight. The bible often compares spiritual growth and the journey to being a baby. There are baby steps, crawls and falls along the way, but if you do sincerely go for it, it should come mate

(Original post by 1 Peter 2:2)
    Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation
    God doesn't ignore a soul who wants to see Him and those who are earnestly seeking, whilst it may not always be apparent, He is always watching. I think you should take it slow, take it as if you are a new Christian, pray, read a bit and just learn to be comfortable with God. I think this is one of the biggest things in Christianity. Often we feel ritual and mechanical prayer or church going is Christianity, rather it is being comfortable in God - this takes time to build, going to church isn't the defining trait of Christianity as going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. Don't feel guilty if your walk in Christ doesn't take you to church every sunday, as long as you are making steps in your privacy

As for your confidence, I can relate. It may not seem it now I know as I (think I do anyway) come off very sure about something when I speak however it wasn't always like this for me either - maybe its an african thing I just decided that rather than trying to measure myself against others, I should simply strive for what I think I should be like and who I want to be. Surround yourself in people who understand you rather than the ones who seem to make you feel rubbish. Haters gona hate after all. I could fire off a number of positives about yourself; humour, kindness, humility, honesty but it depends on what you think. I think you should definitely take these on, its not bragging to acknowledge your own character. If you wana try selling yourself ask your friends or family what they think and maybe plan something for your project. Remind yourself that you were made with your own unique aspects and whilst you may not see them, many others definitely do and so you should at least be sure of that.

I understand how lack of self-confidence can hinder well mate. You become a shut in, miss things because you are afraid of going for it or miss opportunities you wish you want to take because you are aware of yourself and others. But I say forget all that nonsense. There are always friends who will accept you for who you are and they are all around, find them. And I think just taking steps in your approach, perhaps go out to a social you wouldn't normally. Try something you were afraid to do before. Or even speak to some people who you didn't think you could do before. Self motivation is as much about opportunity as self image. They build on each other, so go into the world

Anyway, I probably sound like I know what I am talking about but I am just rambling. But yea man, be more assured in yourself and take slow steps - the world is not going anywhere so you don't need to rush it and if you do go slow, I'm sure you'll get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    Well considering L was the name of a Character and no one refers to Yagami Light as L because L is already a distinct character, I would say its a safe assumption They wouldn't but c'mon, Light is just the epitome of evil douche but you can't help but love his character :giggle:

Fan fic or doujin? As in, write or draw? :ninja:

You should know if you finished it But yes Brotherhood did finish. I understand what you mean though, with 520 episodes right now it would be hard to catch up. But the manga is great as well. I don't know if you read manga but I think you should definitely try it, I find manga is much better for art and style than anime sometimes.
    Well yeah, of course. It COULD happen though

Write. My ability to draw is probably the lowest ranked skill I have.

I'm pretty sure I finished it, but it was a while ago...
    I tend to read/watch both. I read DN while I was back doing A-Levels, but only got around to watching the anime a little while ago. (I think, for DN, the manga was vastly superior - not that the anime was bad, just not as good). Bleach...I read the manga purely because it's ahead of the anime. I think I much prefer the animated version though.

Pol bro, don't stay sad, we're here you know! I won't dish out the hugs, but some manly high fives :five: :five:

Spoiler:
    Show
    But to get into your problem, everyone feels distant at one time or another. I had a big period of feeling away from God, and even nowadays I float in and out. You'd be surprised that actually time is often your enemy. I find the busier you keep or the more you tend to put things in front of the issue at hand, the worse it gets and the harder it is for you to come back. As GEG said, just pray and speak to God in your day to day, don't feel as if you can't or don't have time. Putting aside a bit of time will often work wonders, whether its to read the Bible, pray quickly or even just listen to some worship tunes. Or if you can't get used to reading a bible or praying use daily prayer apps. I think you could really benefit from talking to someone IRL about these issues but if you can't I think you should be less closed up and feel free to talk to us mate I think with God, you should also give it time. By that I don't mean let it drag, rather start low and let it build, contrary to popular opinion God doesn't always strike us with thunder and we feel as if we are great Christians overnight. The bible often compares spiritual growth and the journey to being a baby. There are baby steps, crawls and falls along the way, but if you do sincerely go for it, it should come mate

God doesn't ignore a soul who wants to see Him and those who are earnestly seeking, whilst it may not always be apparent, He is always watching. I think you should take it slow, take it as if you are a new Christian, pray, read a bit and just learn to be comfortable with God. I think this is one of the biggest things in Christianity. Often we feel ritual and mechanical prayer or church going is Christianity, rather it is being comfortable in God - this takes time to build, going to church isn't the defining trait of Christianity as going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. Don't feel guilty if your walk in Christ doesn't take you to church every sunday, as long as you are making steps in your privacy

As for your confidence, I can relate. It may not seem it now I know as I (think I do anyway) come off very sure about something when I speak however it wasn't always like this for me either - maybe its an african thing I just decided that rather than trying to measure myself against others, I should simply strive for what I think I should be like and who I want to be. Surround yourself in people who understand you rather than the ones who seem to make you feel rubbish. Haters gona hate after all. I fire off a number of positives about yourself; humour, kindness, humility, honesty but it depends on what you think. I think you should definitely take these on, its not bragging to acknowledge your own character. If you wana try selling yourself ask your friends or family what they think and maybe plan something for your project. Remind yourself that you were made with your own unique aspects and whilst you may not see them, many others definitely do and so you should at least be sure of that.

I understand how lack of self-confidence can hinder well mate. You become a shut in, miss things because you are afraid of going for it or miss opportunities you wish you want to take because you are aware of yourself and others. But I say forget all that nonsense. There are always friends who will accept you for who you are and they are all around, find them. And I think just taking steps in your approach, perhaps go out to a social you wouldn't normally. Try something you were afraid to do before. Or even speak to some people who you didn't think you could do before. Self motivation is as much about opportunity as self image. They build on each other, so go into the world

Anyway, I probably sound like I know what I am talking about but I am just rambling. But yea man, be more assured in yourself and take slow steps - the world is not going anywhere so you don't need to rush it and if you do go slow, I'm sure you'll get it.
    :love: Thank you!! This is why you're a moderator!

:shakehand:

(Original post by Calumcalum)
    :zomg: We have a mutual!

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: We have a mutual!
    Who :mad:

(Original post by Calumcalum)
    Who :mad:
    A twin.

ReputationRep:
    Spent like a million hours this week studying for my first theology essay. Title, "Is evolutionary biology compatible with theism?"

I really need to find out the word count though (I'll ask my tutor about it later) and find out how we should go about writing the essay. Like, should we be supporting our viewpoint, or should it be a fair assessment of both sides or what?

Physics and maths are so much easier than theology.

aye

I have 2 hours to do this presentation, which I 'started' yesterday. I have 2 lines so far :ashamed2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :love: Thank you!! This is why you're a moderator!

:shakehand:
    No problem :shakehand: Its got nothing to do with being a mod, just being a mate
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Singalonga Sound of Music tonight :woo: :yeah: :woo:

I will try and post a picture of me dressed as a nun tomorrow
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

That should be interesting to see :teeth: Its not the ann summers nun is it? :teehee: :ninja:

ReputationRep:

Should be fun :gah:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That should be interesting to see :teeth: Its not the ann summers nun is it? :teehee: :ninja:
    :nah: I went to a convent school. Part of me thinks that if I wore the Ann Summers nun outfit that I'd go straight to Hell :rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :nah: I went to a convent school. Part of me thinks that if I wore the Ann Summers nun outfit that I'd go straight to Hell :rofl:
    Avoid it at all costs then :rofl:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Avoid it at all costs then :rofl:
    I've got an awful feeling some of my friends might turn up in the Ann Summers version

I hope they do.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.