TSR Christian Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
EEngWillow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I just feel ill though just wanna go to bed. But too much to do. Plus My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas is on tonight.
Awww hun How much revision do you have left to do? An early night will probably do more for you than cramming! Couldn't you watch it on catch-up tomorrow?

Oh and saw this, very useful :yep: although it annoys me that he refers to the Christian as the male, and the non Christian as female. Though I don't know context for talk so coulda been at male conference, but still.

:console: Really nice talk, really puts things in perspective. It's so hard to put God first sometimes...but that's something you already know! :console:
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Plus My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas is on tonight.
Thanks for the reminder...just gotta watch that!
Millie_2951
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tasha96)
True, I did notice that this year. :sadnod:
I think that's what put me off. I was never a big fan in the first place but it did get to be uncomfortable to watch this time round.
Haha very true. So are your hobbies? Do you sing?
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EEngWillow)
Awww hun How much revision do you have left to do? An early night will probably do more for you than cramming! Couldn't you watch it on catch-up tomorrow?

:console: Really nice talk, really puts things in perspective. It's so hard to put God first sometimes...but that's something you already know! :console:
Unfortunately the answer to the first question is the same answer as the question "how long's a piece of string" :sadnod:
Nah tomorrow's gonna be mega hectic doing exam then revising for Thursdays. Screwed screwed screwed screwed screwed. Gonna take some ibuprofen.

It's a good explainer of WHY it will be so wrong as well, rather than the usual "it just doesn't work"

(Original post by yawn)
Thanks for the reminder...just gotta watch that!
Ha ha no worries, been looking forward to it for weeks.
EEngWillow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Unfortunately the answer to the first question is the same answer as the question "how long's a piece of string" :sadnod:
Nah tomorrow's gonna be mega hectic doing exam then revising for Thursdays. Screwed screwed screwed screwed screwed. Gonna take some ibuprofen.

It's a good explainer of WHY it will be so wrong as well, rather than the usual "it just doesn't work"
Mmhm. I see your point. Well, revise until Gypsy Christmas, then go to bed?

Yeah it is. It's a (much more expanded) version of the reasoning one of the student leaders gave to me last year...
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mmhm. I see your point. Well, revise until Gypsy Christmas, then go to bed?

Yeah it is. It's a (much more expanded) version of the reasoning one of the student leaders gave to me last year...
After Gypsy Christmas is Tool Academy. I don't feel too guilty watching both because I'll need to cook and eat dinner too.

So two more hours of revision. YUCK. And tomorrow I'm literally gonna have 3 hours to revise all of Eng Lang. OH THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL.
EEngWillow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
After Gypsy Christmas is Tool Academy. I don't feel too guilty watching both because I'll need to cook and eat dinner too.

So two more hours of revision. YUCK. And tomorrow I'm literally gonna have 3 hours to revise all of Eng Lang. OH THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL.
...How long has Tool Academy been back on? HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!
You should totally get revising instead of TSRing. Our prayers are with you!
natty_d
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sounds like a great plan :yep:
Thanks

You won't fail :hugs: Remember, I can do all things... :awesome:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
...How long has Tool Academy been back on? HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!
You should totally get revising instead of TSRing. Our prayers are with you!
Quite a while now. In fact I think there's only 4 or 5 of them left :yep:
I am revising, but in between chapters taking TSR breaks. And just took a longer break for ibuprofen to kick in!

(Original post by natty_d)
Thanks

You won't fail :hugs: Remember, I can do all things... :awesome:
through Christ who strengthens me.

Really wanted that tattooed on me at one point. Now I think I'm gonna get a cross, "via veritas vita", "be what you believe" and possibly "with faith, nothing is impossible"
Just need to persuade parents that they are totally okay with me marking my skin permanently
EEngWillow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Quite a while now. In fact I think there's only 4 or 5 of them left :yep:
I am revising, but in between chapters taking TSR breaks. And just took a longer break for ibuprofen to kick in!
...Damnit. Oh well, there's always next season.
Ok. That's fine then! Just make sure you are actually revising! (It's ok, I'll stop being stern-ish come Thursday...)
sherbet_lemons7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Millie_2951)
Haha very true. So are your hobbies? Do you sing?
Haha! Noo! I don't sing :lol: Oh no no no. I really really can't sing!
I like playing music though and I play in a kind of traditional music band so I suppose that's a hobby. And I go to scouts, I suppose you could call that a hobby! And I'm big on reading- thats always been encouraged massively in our house and I play badminton. I wouldn't say I was good at any of these though. :teehee:
What about you?
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
...Damnit. Oh well, there's always next season.
Ok. That's fine then! Just make sure you are actually revising! (It's ok, I'll stop being stern-ish come Thursday...)
Or you could 4OD it :yep:

Don't worry, I am actually revising :yep: making flashcards and all. When I was waiting to see Doctor today took flashcards to revise. That's how revision focused I am atm.

Facticity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am so pleased with this Thanks again to anyone here who helped out :hugs: Half of it is from strangers (including TSR peeps)

Just a few more late people to donate then I can send it off. Its annoying me though, because I've hit my target (when you include gift aid) but the thermometer doesn't include them so it looks like I'm still short
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Facticity)
I am so pleased with this Thanks again to anyone here who helped out :hugs: Half of it is from strangers (including TSR peeps)

Just a few more late people to donate then I can send it off. Its annoying me though, because I've hit my target (when you include gift aid) but the thermometer doesn't include them so it looks like I'm still short
Well done! Yeah I found the same with my marathon, I made over my target with gift aid but not without!
Facticity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well done! Yeah I found the same with my marathon, I made over my target with gift aid but not without!
The last few contributions should be of a nice size so I think I will smash it even without the GA. :awesome:

Good luck with your thing tomorrow also! I know it doesn't feel like it now, but I'm sure you'll do great. Like with all things in life, anxiousness is never a good judge of what will be :nah:
Facticity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Shucks...PRSOM
I think this PRSOM thing is a communal problem in our soc. Someone needs to do something about it :fuhrer:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The last few contributions should be of a nice size so I think I will smash it even without the GA. :awesome:

Good luck with your thing tomorrow also! I know it doesn't feel like it now, but I'm sure you'll do great. Like with all things in life, anxiousness is never a good judge of what will be :nah:
I hope so. Exams suck. Hate not knowing what'll come up. Also I swear too much to learn. Ah well.

Also looks like gonna have to wear wellies, SO MUCH WIND AND RAIN!
Facticity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope so. Exams suck. Hate not knowing what'll come up. Also I swear too much to learn. Ah well.

Also looks like gonna have to wear wellies, SO MUCH WIND AND RAIN!
Thats what happens when you live up in Scotland, so uncivilised :sadnod: Come to england, we have chips and mild weather :yes:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thats what happens when you live up in Scotland, so uncivilised :sadnod: Come to england, we have chips and mild weather :yes:
English chips are worse than Scottish chips. And there is less batter. And people judge you for asking for scraps.

Btw can we be praying for this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1863132 no idea how true or not it is, but if it is true, pray that he continues to see God in his life and comes to know Him personally.
Josiea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The program my mum was watching on the royal family has FINALLY finished so it is time for my big fat gypsy Christmas YESS!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads