TSR Christian Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Both of mine are sunday, right at the time I'm travelling. It hadn't twigged in my head that "last sunday pre christmas" was this sunday :facepalm2:

Speaking of which I NEED TO BUY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS *panics*

I work in an airport...very few customers are nice, especially when they have just got back from holiday...

Mince pies :drool: my mum makes great mince pies topped with lemon icing :sogood:

The person is question is making less sense as the day goes on

In a good mood for tonight though...should be kilts a plenty :coma: I might have a slight obsession with kilts and gorgeous kilted men...
Kilts :love:

Gorgeous men :love:

Gorgeous men in kilts :love: :love: :love:

Ahem.

I'm beginning to realise that the insecurities I had from school are still very much with me. Yesterday, my friend (the guy I've talked about a lot on here before!) asked if I was going to our mutual friend's tomorrow night. An event to which I haven't been invited. He didn't realise I'd not been invited, and seemed surprised when I said I hadn't been. I don't know if they've deliberately not invited me, or just forgot, and I'm not really sure how to take it. A little bit upset about it at the moment, which I'm aware is probably overreacting. Another friend of mine, who doesn't know the people in question, said they'd probably just forgotten to invite me and I should text them asking about it, but that just seems rude to me... I don't know. I could get the mutual friend to casually ask them if I'm going, but he already thinks I'm slightly crazy without me letting him know this has upset me.

Also, if I was going, I'd get to see this guy before going home for Christmas and I'd really quite like that.
EEngWillow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The person is question is making less sense as the day goes on

In a good mood for tonight though...should be kilts a plenty :coma: I might have a slight obsession with kilts and gorgeous kilted men...
Is the person in question male, by any chance?

Sounds like you'll enjoy yourself then! I'm just about to do dinner...steak :drool: but first a starter of scallops... :drool:

EDIT: If the two posts above this one are anything to go by, it seems that statistically, I need to get a kilt.
And become gorgeous. But particularly get the kilt.

(Original post by d123)
I'm beginning to realise that the insecurities I had from school are still very much with me. Yesterday, my friend (the guy I've talked about a lot on here before!) asked if I was going to our mutual friend's tomorrow night. An event to which I haven't been invited. He didn't realise I'd not been invited, and seemed surprised when I said I hadn't been. I don't know if they've deliberately not invited me, or just forgot, and I'm not really sure how to take it. A little bit upset about it at the moment, which I'm aware is probably overreacting. Another friend of mine, who doesn't know the people in question, said they'd probably just forgotten to invite me and I should text them asking about it, but that just seems rude to me... I don't know. I could get the mutual friend to casually ask them if I'm going, but he already thinks I'm slightly crazy without me letting him know this has upset me.

Also, if I was going, I'd get to see this guy before going home for Christmas and I'd really quite like that.
I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset if you've been left our, or if you've been forgotten. :console:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)

I'd say it's natural to be a bit upset if you've got forgotten or been left out. I know I would be. Then again, I'm highly sensitive But don't beat yourself up about being upset. Perfectly understandable :hugs:
Josiea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)

Ahem.

I agree with you completely on the first statement :rolleyes:

My friends are always put their foot in it like that it does still upset me when I'm not invited to a party, definitely normal I think asking a friend to subtlety ask them if you are meant to be invited is a good idea, because it is likely they've just forgotten And I'm sure he wouldn't think that was weird!
or just ask the guy to meet up separately before you go home?
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I'd say it's natural to be a bit upset if you've got forgotten or been left out. I know I would be. Then again, I'm highly sensitive But don't beat yourself up about being upset. Perfectly understandable :hugs:

(Original post by EEngWillow)

Sounds like you'll enjoy yourself then! I'm just about to do dinner...steak :drool: but first a starter of scallops... :drool:

EDIT: If the two posts above this one are anything to go by, it seems that statistically, I need to get a kilt.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset if you've been left our, or if you've been forgotten. :console:
Thanks guys I'm sure I'll be ok about it. The fact that tomorrow night I'll know that it's going on less than five minutes walk from my flat is a bit upsetting. Meh, maybe I'll get a last minute invite tomorrow. I know it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it'd have been a nice way to celebrate my last week in Glasgow before Christmas!

And Willow, definitely get yourself a kilt. More people should wear kilts.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)

Ahem.

Get someone to ask or if not ask the host what they're doing then, see if they say "the party duh, as are you" or something along the lines... very probably accidentally, I normally miss out everyone who starts with a certain letter cos I forget it on fb

Yes indeed male. Females make sense.

PLEASE GET A KILT. The more men in kilts the merrier!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
Thanks guys I'm sure I'll be ok about it. The fact that tomorrow night I'll know that it's going on less than five minutes walk from my flat is a bit upsetting. Meh, maybe I'll get a last minute invite tomorrow. I know it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it'd have been a nice way to celebrate my last week in Glasgow before Christmas!

Could you maybe jokingly ask the person organising it about it? Like saying "hey, notice I haven't been invited to your party? Do you hate me? JOKES" or something like that :dontknow:

OK, maybe not quite like that. In a more refined way :cool:
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Josiea)
I agree with you completely on the first statement :rolleyes:

My friends are always put their foot in it like that it does still upset me when I'm not invited to a party, definitely normal I think asking a friend to subtlety ask them if you are meant to be invited is a good idea, because it is likely they've just forgotten And I'm sure he wouldn't think that was weird!
or just ask the guy to meet up separately before you go home?
Haha, yeah, he really did put his foot in a bit! I might ask him to check if I'm meant to be invited - I just don't know how to go about doing that. Just 'hey, can you ask **** if he forgot to invite me or just doesn't want me there?' I can't think of a good way to phrase it, unless I say 'still haven't received an invite to that party... looks like I'm not going then!' and see if he gets the hint.

I'm very bad at determining what's socially acceptable in these situations!
I would ask him to go for a drink before I go home, but there's only a couple of days left and he works full time as he's a bit older than me so is busy all the time.
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Could you maybe jokingly ask the person organising it about it? Like saying "hey, notice I haven't been invited to your party? Do you hate me? JOKES" or something like that :dontknow:

OK, maybe not quite like that. In a more refined way :cool:
Haha that would possibly solve the problem ... I've texted the guy anyway to ask him to subtly find out if I've been invited. Although he's worse at subtle than I am, so it'll probably end up in him asking the host straight up 'hey, do you not like debbie or something?'
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get someone to ask or if not ask the host what they're doing then, see if they say "the party duh, as are you" or something along the lines... very probably accidentally, I normally miss out everyone who starts with a certain letter cos I forget it on fb

I think it's probably an accident. I can't think why they'd invite him and not me, we're kind of equal in terms of closeness to them. Friendship dynamics are very complicated!

Hope everything's ok with your situation. Guys do not make sense, most of the time. :hugs:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
I think it's probably an accident. I can't think why they'd invite him and not me, we're kind of equal in terms of closeness to them. Friendship dynamics are very complicated!

Hope everything's ok with your situation. Guys do not make sense, most of the time. :hugs:
Friendship dynamics are complicated indeed :yep:

Yeah it'll be fine. He's just a friend so it's not like there's any romantic attachment on anything, he's just acting like a douche and being really unreliable. And I HATE unreliability.
EEngWillow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)

I don't know if I could pull off a kilt to be honest.
Oh, and from my point of view, neither of our genders make much sense.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know if I could pull off a kilt to be honest.
Oh, and from my point of view, neither of our genders make much sense.
Kilt :drool:

Just read this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16224394 very much like the fact he's defending England as a Christian country
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
can almost tie my hair up again. YAY
EEngWillow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kilt :drool:

Just read this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16224394 very much like the fact he's defending England as a Christian country
Haha. Fine, you've persuaded me...

Hmm. Interesting!
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Friendship dynamics are complicated indeed :yep:

Yeah it'll be fine. He's just a friend so it's not like there's any romantic attachment on anything, he's just acting like a douche and being really unreliable. And I HATE unreliability.
Unreliability and inconsistency are two of my least favourite traits. Unfortunately they happen to be the two traits that are incredibly prevalent in my guy. (I really need to think of a code word for him. Maybe I'll just call him 'S' when I'm referring to him on here, which I know I do a lot...)

I hope I'm reliable. I know I'm reliable in terms of I try to be there for friends when they need me. I'm hopelessly disorganised though. Having said that, the adult leader of the youth group I was involved with in Birmingham told me she thought I was incredibly dependable. That made my year, pretty much.
EEngWillow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
Unreliability and inconsistency are two of my least favourite traits. Unfortunately they happen to be the two traits that are incredibly prevalent in my guy. (I really need to think of a code word for him. Maybe I'll just call him 'S' when I'm referring to him on here, which I know I do a lot...)

I hope I'm reliable. I know I'm reliable in terms of I try to be there for friends when they need me. I'm hopelessly disorganised though. Having said that, the adult leader of the youth group I was involved with in Birmingham told me she thought I was incredibly dependable. That made my year, pretty much.
My friends pretty much all know that if they phone or text me, I'll answer - regardless of the time, and stay until whatever their problem is, is sorted - so I guess I'm quite reliable. The quality of my advice isn't always as consistent as I'd like though
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rainbowbex)
can almost tie my hair up again. YAY
That was such a good feeling when it happened to me...can't believe it's 2 years since I started growing out my pixie crop, it's now underarm length :ahee:

Haha. Fine, you've persuaded me...

Hmm. Interesting!
KILLLLLTS

I know...not what I'd have expected him to say!

(Original post by d123)

Yep they are bad traits. Disorganised is not the same thing at all :nah:
EEngWillow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
KILLLLLTS

I know...not what I'd have expected him to say!
I'm not entirely sure where I'm getting this idea from, but I think you really have a thing for kilts.

Nor me!
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not entirely sure where I'm getting this idea from, but I think you really have a thing for kilts.

Nor me!
I think GEG and I had the same motivation for applying to Glasgow. There's a lot more kilts around these parts than in England!

My friend and I were discussing our 'types' or ideal guys, and I mentioned gingerness, gorgeous accents and kilts. She just laughed at me. I think kilts is something most of my friends are agreed on, the gingerness seems to be just me.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (173)
67.58%
No (83)
32.42%

Watched Threads