Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Alex

ReputationRep:
    I'm still looking for a church for my brother... Now he's told me that he wants to find a church in Trindon coz he's moving there very soon. I doubt he'll want to travel very far to get to church so do you know of any good churches in or near Trindon?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Does anyone know any good christian festivals/holidays on offer this summer?

I went to spring harvest when i was little, but was looking into something similiar now i'm all grown up! I've noticed spring harvest do a nice french holiday for lone travellers in september, but is there anything like this in the UK, thats decent value!

ReputationRep:
    Soul Survivor, perhaps?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    my friend mentioned that one - but i don't really want to go on my own.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I know what you mean, I'd like to go to something like that someday, but don't have anyone to go with either.

Shame we're not a RL X-soc, or we could organise a group trip
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    isn't soul survivor quite expensive too?

ReputationRep:
    Surely there's some sort of facebook group thing? I reckon going alone wouldn't be too bad, to be honest. Just borrow a tent and bring your own kit. You'll make friends fast. I'd do it, easily.

I think it costs £60/£70 if you book early, and £80 if you're late. I think you choose between one of two weeks, but I'm not sure. I don't really call that expensive.. but its all relative :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Grapevine . It's great! www.grapevinecelebration.org.uk.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i think i just want something thats a few days rather than a week - its not too expensive for the week, just not something i can afford at the minute.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    grapevine is on the same site i go to international guide and scout camps on! I might consider grapevine if anyone else is going?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh.. I was a Girl Guide :ninja:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yeah - i was a brownie and a guide, and then a young leader. Poacher was a international camp based on lincolnshire show ground every 4 years.. i went 3 times.

ReputationRep:
    Cool :cool: I missed brownies.. I was a Guide for 5 years and then got too busy to go onto Rangers. I went on some regional events. A patrol I lead came second once :king1:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    brilliant - we won a cooking competition once. I didn't do rangers either - but wish i had now - dropped out of it since starting uni, but may think about helping at a girls brigade next year.

ReputationRep:
    Heh ok The only cooking I remember was decorating biscuits :p: Oh..and I suppose camp food :cool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i think it was a camp cooking competition - on open fire! think we made bolognese!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    I might consider grapevine if anyone else is going?
    I'm going! Bt I hav lots of friends who are also going too & I don't see them that often...

ReputationRep:
    I've been considering Grapevine. Hmm. Need to decide really don't I lol, need time off work.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh I'm a Christian! :tsr2:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2011
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.