The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

animals
Never heard that song before. Just listened to it and really like it :smile:

Cool, I always like finding new ones that I really like :smile: If you ever come across/use the Songs of Fellowship music books, then it's in book 3 :p:
animals
I lived in Devonport (I think) but moved away when I was 1 (hence the reason I can't remember the town name, but was definatley Plymouth though).

Cool. lol
I assume you moved away from Plymouth then. Where to?!
Reply 1442
CrazyChris
Cool. lol
I assume you moved away from Plymouth then. Where to?!

Yea I moved from Plymouth when I was 1 to Hertfordshire.
animals
Yea I moved from Plymouth when I was 1 to Hertfordshire.

fair enough!
Hello :ninja:
Magnum Opus

hi :wavey:

and welcome :smile:
Magnum Opus

O hai! :hi:

Haha I spent ages trying to find that emoticon :p:
In response to something I saw a page or so back:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Magnum Opus

Spoiler

Spoiler

We do Jesus, be the centre quite a lot :smile: Tis a good one. What is the name of that hymn?! I know the tune so well but can't remember the words for the life of me =/

We sang one in church yesterday called "O, heaven is in my heart" - I hadn't heard it before, but I like it :smile: May be better described as "Oh-oh-ohhhh-oh-oh, heaven is in my heart..." :p:
Redpanda91
We do Jesus, be the centre quite a lot :smile: Tis a good one. What is the name of that hymn?! I know the tune so well but can't remember the words for the life of me =/

The tune's called Aberystwyth, Hymn 123 in A&M off the top of my head.

Jesus, lover of my soul, let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll, while the tempest still is high.
Hide me, O my Savior, hide, till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide; O receive my soul at last.

Other refuge have I none, hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah! leave me not alone, still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head with the shadow of Thy wing.

Wilt Thou not regard my call? Wilt Thou not accept my prayer?
Lo! I sink, I faint, I fall—Lo! on Thee I cast my care;
Reach me out Thy gracious hand! While I of Thy strength receive,
Hoping against hope I stand, dying, and behold, I live.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want, more than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint, heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy Name, I am all unrighteousness;
False and full of sin I am; Thou art full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with Thee is found, grace to cover all my sin;
Let the healing streams abound; make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the fountain art, freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart; rise to all eternity.

We sang one in church yesterday called "O, heaven is in my heart" - I hadn't heard it before, but I like it :smile: May be better described as "Oh-oh-ohhhh-oh-oh, heaven is in my heart..." :p:

Never heard that before :hmmmm:
Redpanda91

This resulted in me singing where I'm sat.
Then picking up the guitar and playing the tune, whilst singing.

It's a Graham Kendrick song; and can be found in The Source book, number 388. Ok, i realise how sad that makes me sound...!
Haven't played that one out for a while!
CrazyChris
This resulted in me singing where I'm sat.
Then picking up the guitar and playing the tune, whilst singing.

It's a Graham Kendrick song; and can be found in The Source book, number 388. Ok, i realise how sad that makes me sound...!
Haven't played that one out for a while!

Haha I thought it was hilarious when I first heard it, the Oooooo bit :p: But it's a great song!

Yep Graham Kendrick, also in Songs of Fellowship Book 1 =)
Redpanda91
Haha I thought it was hilarious when I first heard it, the Oooooo bit :p: But it's a great song!

Yep Graham Kendrick, also in Songs of Fellowship Book 1 =)

Hehe; yeah.
One thing I do often lately is to open up last.fm playing the 'Worship' Tag (note, you may have to disable adblockers for this to work)

I'm trying to remember the name of a song that I heard when then Soul Survivor Tour came to Plymouth last year. That had a lot of 'ooOoooo' in it xD

edit: 'Your Name high' Hillsong. Here's a youtube clip of it. Nice song. :smile:
Magnum Opus

Spoiler

I love this one :biggrin:
That was just off the top of my head; there are some others I really like:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'll stop now before this becomes a hundred :o:

edit links fixed
edit edit I give up :facepalm2:
Reply 1455
Redpanda91

Jesus be the centre is a great song.
Great images on the you tube clip - amazing :smile:
Magnum Opus
That was just off the top of my head; there are some others I really like:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'll stop now before this becomes a hundred :o:

edit links fixed
edit edit I give up :facepalm2:

:eek: Faithful one!! I haven't heard that for such a long time, I am so suggesting it on Sunday. Thankyou so much for reminding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs::hugs:

Ok hyperness over now :p:
Sorry i just wanted to ask a quick question, is smoking and drinking really considered a sin ?
King4eva
Sorry i just wanted to ask a quick question, is smoking and drinking really considered a sin ?

Disclaimer: the below is just as far as I know.

I would say that the perception of these as sins comes from the pollution of the body aspect (i.e. don't abuse the body, which was created by God), and, for drinking until drunk, the loss of self-control aspect, rather than being specific sins mentioned in the Bible (e.g. 10 Commandments, sex before marraige).

Nearly all the Christians I know drink, just not to excess, and I myself am not averse to a few alcoholic drinks at a party :smile:. Plus you obviously have the "water into wine" miracle (though there is the other side to that that wine then would have been weaker and also safer to drink than water).
Reply 1459
In general, re: sins...
J.C. Ryle, Bishop of Liverpool
Take this rule: whatever weakens your reason, impairs the tenderness of your conscience, obscures your sense of God, or takes off the relish of spiritual things; in short, whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind, that thing is sin to you, however innocent it may be in itself.

I think this really applies to tobacco - since it is so physically addictive.

Latest

Trending

Trending