Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by marille)
    :wavey:

Chanced upon this place and it seems nice. So, hello!
    Hello, Hello! Welcome to TSR Christian Soc! I lurk here a lot.... so :hello: :hi:

*ahem*

How are you? Where you from n what ya doing with your life n that?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper

Hello, Hello! Welcome to TSR Christian Soc! I lurk here a lot.... so :hello: :hi:

*ahem*

(Original post by hwalusimo1)
    Off to Roehampton Uni :woo:
    Congratulations!

Hello! :ciao:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Congratulations!
    Polarity, I've just seen your warning points

do try not to get banned now dear :p:

Momentum tomorrow :woo:

(Original post by rainbowbex)
    Polarity, I've just seen your warning points

do try not to get banned now dear :p:

Momentum tomorrow :woo:
    I'm trying, bex!

Have fun :nutcase:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Oh Society. I'm going to Momentum then Greenbelt Straight after. So will give you a massive posty update on how both went

unfortunately means I'll be a bit quiet and less lurky in here til its over. God bless you all
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'm trying, bex!

Have fun :nutcase:
    I should hope so

Thanks! I still haven't packed! Whoops.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing alright! From London originally, and am doing theology at uni. : ) How about you?

Oooh I see you're going to Greenbelt! I'm thinking about going this year, I was there two years ago and then two years before that. Really annoyed about missing Rob Bell last year...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh Society. I'm going to Momentum then Greenbelt Straight after. So will give you a massive posty update on how both went

unfortunately means I'll be a bit quiet and less lurky in here til its over. God bless you all
    busy busy (I found you btw :teeth:). My housemate is just back from Soul Survivor, having lead Spring Harvest a few months ago, and several other things. I can't keep up with it all tbh :indiff:

I need to make more effort to remove myself from theological academia and throw myself into Greenbelt :sigh: lack of money though :emo:

Next year, I say :moon:

*goes back to graduate applications*
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hwalusimo1)
    Off to Roehampton Uni :woo:

Managed to get myself released by both my firm and insurance (Birmingham City and Canterbury Christ Church Uni) then got into clearing and managed to get two offers! (The other one was Teeside uni).

All is well, just waiting for Roehampton to reply back via UCAS track :woo: :jive:
    Excellent what to study? Even though you rejected Canterbury (:hmmm:) I won't hold it against you :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by A Shining Light)
    Ooo I graduated from Manch Uni last year, so I know a bit about the churches there. I went to SMFC (not to be confused with SMCF :P). What kind of church are you looking for? These seem to be the main churches that students go to:

• SMFC- This is a New Frontiers Church, so it's quite charismatic. Worship is mostly modern songs but there are usually some older songs too. Teaching is pretty good too & the pastor is very funny :P. The church is smallish & it's ideal if you wanna get to know some none-students too. The cell group I went to actually had a lot of people that didn't go to our church, as the cell group leader (Mike Spencer) heads up Manchester Navigators. I highly recommend getting involved in the Navs; I have grown a lot through it & a few of the Navs are still good friends of mine .
    • SMCF- This church has loads of students even though it's quite a trek to get to it. The worship is quite lively & modern. I quite liked it, though I found it a bit too big.
    • Holy Trinity Platt- This is an Anglican church. It's actually quite free for an Anglican church, though I still found it too traditional for me. I've heard the teaching is very good.
    • The Plant- The teaching is in the format of a bible study rather than a sermon, which appeals to some people. I found the worship rather traditional.
    • Manchester Vineyard- The worship is quite modern & lively. I quite liked it.
    • Hope Church- I've not been to this church but I know a few people who went there. It seems quite similar to SMFC, as it's also a New Frontiers church.

If you get involved in CU then you'll get a lot of help with church hunting. Hope you settle into a good church soon!
    with respect to Holy Trinity platt, what do you mean by "too traditional"? Just curious

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!
    can't wait to go back :woo:

but im not looking forward to the travelling tbh :erm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Well done guys

Ahh I remember this day last year, I was so stressed out even though I'd got into my firm because my grades were much lower than what I'd hoped for! But God's will was done and I love Leicester
    Hey how has your first year been at Leicester? I hope you've enjoyed it have you found a church there? :hugs:

I'm a bad mod, 4 posts in a row :emo:

edit: yes, score, only 3 :ninja:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'm doing alright! From London originally, and am doing theology at uni. : ) How about you?

Oooh I see you're going to Greenbelt! I'm thinking about going this year, I was there two years ago and then two years before that. Really annoyed about missing Rob Bell last year...
    I first went at age 14 in 05. Not missed one since

Camping again this year, which is awesome because I commuted last yr and it was a *****. localer friend's offered me a bed and a shower for a night this yr, and I'll camp the rest. Tbh, I love the festival spirit and like just seeing a bit of this and a bit of that. I'm terrible at looking at the line up

Love love love love greenbelt though

I'm just bout to start second year, medicine, Bristol.. I thought that I should ask some deep probing personal questions to get more about the other members of TSR X-soc :p: having a good summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Excellent what to study? Even though you rejected Canterbury (:hmmm:) I won't hold it against you :p:
    English lit with Media & Culture
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    x
    If you're wondering who that random person on φαψεβοοκ is, it's moi :ninja: :o:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    busy busy (I found you btw :teeth:). My housemate is just back from Soul Survivor, having lead Spring Harvest a few months ago, and several other things. I can't keep up with it all tbh :indiff:

I need to make more effort to remove myself from theological academia and throw myself into Greenbelt :sigh: lack of money though :emo:

Next year, I say :moon:

*goes back to graduate applications*
    I know, lol I knew it was you cos you'd posted on my pix before.. back when my camera still worked and I could photograph my amazing foody inventions! :p: on that note, I made fudge today!

I know. I'm hoping my mummy dearly loves me and will pay my ticket this year. She usually does If you come, I might even grace you with my presence :p: haha I've never done momentum before, or SS so should be a new experience...

And I'm worrying about my wardrobe.. lol
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If you're wondering who that random person on φαψεβοοκ is, it's moi :ninja: :o:
    quite the stalker aren't you :hmmm: :mad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I know, lol I knew it was you cos you'd posted on my pix before.. back when my camera still worked and I could photograph my amazing foody inventions! :p: on that note, I made fudge today!
    I had? It was probably cake you linked in the box wasn't it. I have issues :emo: fudge is amazing :coma: yet so few people like it...

I know. I'm hoping my mummy dearly loves me and will pay my ticket this year. She usually does If you come, I might even grace you with my presence :p: haha I've never done momentum before, or SS so should be a new experience...
    I must confess that I know very little about them :p: how much are tickets usually? and how many people go, do they camp, etc etc I could probably ask my housemate, but he has a womanly friend over :ninja:

And I'm worrying about my wardrobe.. lol
    :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.