Self Image Problems Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Ariel4)
erm.... how would you feel if someone tried to eat you!
*ahem*... Never mind.
Whats the difference between eating your cat and eating meat in general?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by veryjammy)
If you think you are fat then try losing weight? I don't actually know if you are fat, maybe thats just your perception. how much do u weigh if u dont mind me asking? If I could give people only one way to feel better about the way they look it would be to get a tan, be it real or fake (but be careful with fake! ) Everyone looks better with a tan, it makes you look thinner and healthier and just better overall. One minute my sister looks pale and well not that attractive (I know Im cruel lol) and 8 hours after putting on her St Tropez she looks gorgeous.

So my recommendation to everyone is to get a tan
I am trying to lose weight, or instead tone up my muscles or something. I don't know how much i weight, i haven't weighed myself in a long time.
I think tans look stupid to be honest.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by sparklyglitter)
I think that if you think you are ugly this comes across to other people and then they might see you as less attractive than you are.

If you look in the mirror expecting to see ugly,that is all you will see.

So next time you look in the mirror,expect to see sex on legs and that's what you will get!Then you will be more confident and this will come across to other people!
No, if i try to think that i'll just laugh at myself for thinking like an idiot.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
your beautiful
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
I feel stupid when someone compliments me, because i think they are just joking, or trying to humour me or something. I certainly don't try to blend in though.
I feel the same. I didn't know even if my friends were making fun of me.
sparklyglitter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Haha I do it!Haahaha...

I find seriously it works...if I look in the mirror expecting to see a dog,I will see a dog!

I look back at photos of me when I had a really bad self image problem and I do actually look awful...but as soon as you start thinking,"I look okay actually!"...then you do actually look OK.

*realises that might sound a bit like I'm up my own ass*

Oh well.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by trigger)
your beautiful
, i just wish i could think that myself.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Haha I do it!Haahaha...

I find seriously it works...if I look in the mirror expecting to see a dog,I will see a dog!

I look back at photos of me when I had a really bad self image problem and I do actually look awful...but as soon as you start thinking,"I look okay actually!"...then you do actually look OK.

*realises that might sound a bit like I'm up my own ass*

Oh well.
I guess i'm just not that good at deluding myself. I see what is there, which is a hideously ugly approximation of a human being.
veryjammy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's the problem, people can tell you that you look gorgeous and you can try your very hardest to tell yourself you're not bad looking but if at the end of the day you look in that mirror and see something horrible then there's not a lot to do to change the way you feel.

And what do u mean tans look stupid? :confused: Tans are the greatest beauty enhancer in the world. Are u telling me when u go on holiday and get a tan that you dont feel u look a hell of a lot better?
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's the problem, people can tell you that you look gorgeous and you can try your very hardest to tell yourself you're not bad looking but if at the end of the day you look in that mirror and see something horrible then there's not a lot to do to change the way you feel.

And what do u mean tans look stupid? :confused: Tans are the greatest beauty enhancer in the world. Are u telling me when u go on holiday and get a tan that you dont feel u look a hell of a lot better?
i personally prefer been lilly white and freckled tanned looks common imo
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?

I know... thats the problem, i don't want to feel like this, but i do, and i don't know how to change, or even if i can.

I don't really go on holiday much, and when i do, the last thing i want is a tan. I honestly think they just don't look that good.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by trigger)
i personally prefer been lilly white and freckled tanned looks common imo
I completely agree. I don't see why burning your skin is supposed to make you look more attractive.
sparklyglitter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I guess i'm just not that good at deluding myself. I see what is there, which is a hideously ugly approximation of a human being.
If that's what you think,that's what you get! :rolleyes:

And re:tans.I always feel 700 times better when I have a tan rather than my normal general pale-ness.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Thats what i get because its true.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

And re:tans.I always feel 700 times better when I have a tan rather than my normal general pale-ness.
Well each to his/her own i guess

i personaly dont like tans on people

anyway i dont think there is a way unless you work out, diet, change your style of clothes, change your hair etc etc

Looks arent all that important, if somebody doesnt like you because your not the best looking guy around, there not worth being with

well thats what i think anyway....................no wonder im single.............
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)

anyway i dont think there is a way unless you work out, diet, change your style of clothes, change your hair etc etc

Looks arent all that important, if somebody doesnt like you because your not the best looking guy around, there not worth being with

well thats what i think anyway....................no wonder im single.............
tans dont look good on red heads anyway?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by BhArJ)

It isn't about how other people see me. Trigger thinks i'm not ugly, so why should i care what other people think?
Its about how i see myself, and not just physical appearence, but everything.
sparklyglitter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aye,you could be the prettiest person in the world but be a complete absolute [email protected] and have everyone hate you...soo hmm.Being good looking won't make people like you...

I hate people who are pretty and nice!*angry face*
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aye,you could be the prettiest person in the world but be a complete absolute [email protected] and have everyone hate you...soo hmm.Being good looking won't make people like you...

I hate people who are pretty and nice!*angry face*
sorry lol
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How do you deal with problems in your own self image?
I need to change the way i see myself, to something realistic rather than my automatic self loathing i always seem to think.
I need to find a way to sort this out, i don't want to be so screwed up in the head about myself any more.
Could be depression mate. Go see ur GP get some Prozac!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (10)
37.04%
No (17)
62.96%

Watched Threads