Turn on thread page Beta

wow watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was watching that program from a wee while ago called "Brotherly Love". Remember it? The one with Joey Lawrence and his 2 real life brothers in it. Anyways so, i noticed at the end during the credits that the Executive Producer was called Jim Halkett (Halkett is my surname) and its kinda unusual so i said to my dad "heh theres a producer on that called Jim Halkett" and he said it was his cousin. :eek:I thought that was pretty smart. :p:

Anyone else got any famous connections or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I was watching that program from a wee while ago called "Brotherly Love". Remember it? The one with Joey Lawrence and his 2 real life brothers in it. Anyways so, i noticed at the end during the credits that the Executive Producer was called Jim Halkett (Halkett is my surname) and its kinda unusual so i said to my dad "heh theres a producer on that called Jim Halkett" and he said it was his cousin. :eek:I thought that was pretty smart. :p:

Anyone else got any famous connections or anything?
    The actor Charles Laughton was a relative on my maternal grandfather's side... dunno if any of you have ever heard of him! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    The actor Charles Laughton was a relative on my maternal grandfather's side... dunno if any of you have ever heard of him! :p:
    He's the guy in Mutiny on the Bounty, right? The 1935 version.

ReputationRep:
    My son in law is Patrick Viera, apart from than nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    He's the guy in Mutiny on the Bounty, right? The 1935 version.
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    not someone famous but someone rich....my dads nefew is a head hunter who easrns 12.5 mil a yr. something mann -check the rich list or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    not someone famous but someone rich....my dads nefew is a head hunter who easrns 12.5 mil a yr. something mann -check the rich list or something
    My gran's cousin is in charge of the UK ecomony. Rich enough for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    My gran's cousin is in charge of the UK ecomony. Rich enough for you?
    really? wow....lol

ReputationRep:
    i cant find the rich list anywhere

ReputationRep:
    No but I did kiss Peter Andre once!! :cool: Thats about as connected as I get

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm directly related (i.e. great great etc.. grandson) of Captain James Cook (guy who discovered australia, NZ, hawaii...), and my great great grandfather was some kind of famous person... erm I'm not sure but he made a lot of famous philosophical quotes My grandad was semi-famous as a composer and his best friend was Dylan Thomas who is really really famous!

ReputationRep:
    you probaly won'r have heard of her, but my aunt is a film producer - she produced 'Deathwatch' a really horrible film and the second world war with the billy elliot kid in it. Thats all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickadee)
    No but I did kiss Peter Andre once!! :cool: Thats about as connected as I get
    Ooooo a proper kiss? :p:

My best mates mum dated Barry Ferguson (while he was famous). Lucky cow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Yeah I'm directly related (i.e. great great etc.. grandson) of Captain James Cook (guy who discovered australia, NZ, hawaii...), and my great great grandfather was some kind of famous person... erm I'm not sure but he made a lot of famous philosophical quotes My grandad was semi-famous as a composer and his best friend was Dylan Thomas who is really really famous!
    Wow! Who was your grandad, the composer, then?

ReputationRep:
    Bell's puff pastry?

My Dad's cousin owns that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Wow! Who was your grandad, the composer, then?
    Daniel Jones ... you probably won't have heard of him. He was more famous for being Dylan Thomas's best friend :p: That used to annoy him. But he was a professional composer & his stuff has been played worldwide so ... somebody's gotta know him!

I try to compose too but lack all the qualities I need

ReputationRep:
    someone find me the rich list please
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    not really. My grand parents get invited to dinner at Balmoral once a year with the queen and prince charles...umm my family know robin williams and billy connelly. Thats about it really. Oh and a looong time ago my uncle was the first white man to cross the nambian desert. He was an explorer or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    not really. My grand parents get invited to dinner at Balmoral once a year with the queen and prince charles...umm my family know robin williams and billy connelly. Thats about it really. Oh and a looong time ago my uncle was the first white man to cross the nambian desert. He was an explorer or something.
    I think your grand parents being invited to have dinner with the Queen and your family knowing 2 huge celebritys can safely be classified as connections. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I think your grand parents being invited to have dinner with the Queen and your family knowing 2 huge celebritys can safely be classified as connections. :rolleyes:
    lol thats so true

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.