This discussion is closed.
TIGTIG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Well I took mine years ago, and as we get told every year A Levels are getting easier :P
In my day A Level Chemistry is really really hard.
thats what my mum says about gcses but ive looked at o level papers in mock exams there dead easy so i disagree because as years go on the more and more evolved science gets.My mum doesnt know what mitosis is she says there on the end of her toesis
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TIGTIG)
thats what my mum says about gcses but ive looked at o level papers in mock exams there dead easy so i disagree because as years go on the more and more evolved science gets.My mum doesnt know what mitosis is she says there on the end of her toesis

Perhaps, the difficulty comes from the fact that less people were allocated certain grades or grade boundaries were higher and not the individual questions.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well I havent seen a recent chemistry paper but I saw my cousins English work for her AS that she took this year and it was really easy in comparison with the work I had to submit in he first year of my A Level.
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Yes, but i'd say it's more arithmetic than maths.
is that not maths mental arithmatic application of number i mean youve got to know about algebra and logs to know about how on earth you go about doing an equation in chemistry.I mean you still get things like V=nRT you've got to know how to rearrange these sort of equations for the maths side of chem.
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Well I havent seen a recent chemistry paper but I saw my cousins English work for her AS that she took this year and it was really easy in comparison with the work I had to submit in he first year of my A Level.
maybe there covering the subject in a better way starting of with the easy stuff then to the harder stuff.Teachers learn from their mistakes different teachers different ways of teaching methods I've been to 10 schools so i've wittnessed it personally
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
Perhaps, the difficulty comes from the fact that less people were allocated certain grades or grade boundaries were higher and not the individual questions.
Can you explain more clearly? im a bit thick
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Can you explain more clearly? im a bit thick
For example, if A grades are only given to the top 10% of students, then they would be more difficult to get than if they were allocated to the top 20% of students. I dont know if it actually works like this, though.
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
Do any of you take/or have already taken sociology
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
For example, if A grades are only given to the top 10% of students, then they would be more difficult to get than if they were allocated to the top 20% of students. I dont know if it actually works like this, though.
I dont think so I would have thought it would be marked in the same way. In my openion all these people that get a* are the reason people fail to achieve above a c because teachers try and maintain the pupils wih A*s and disadvantage others giving them seconds in education.Teachers should just teach everybody equally and give extra support when needed.
TIGTIG
Rep:
?
I dont think so I would have thought it would be marked in the same way. In my openion all these people that get a* are the reason people fail to achieve above a c because teachers try and maintain the pupils wih A*s and disadvantage others giving them seconds in education.Teachers should just teach everybody equally and give extra support when needed.
Does any one agree teaching standards need to change to fit everybods needs not just their A* pupils
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (568)
50.22%
No (563)
49.78%

Watched Threads