Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive never had a problem with trains. Literally. OK so they may be late a few times but its not unexpected is it?? Hell its not as bad as bus services round my home, they often never turn up or ignore you at the bus stop (to rectify this i stand in the road! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    The train got cancelled and delayed for 20 minutes, and then when it came it was too small, and so many people were waiting for it, and the next one wasn't for another hour. So I got onto it, had to stand up like usual, but I was squashed between this really tall guy and smelly old man. The train was so fast and cos I had nothing to hold on to, I accidently fell from the force on to that smelly old man, god it was soooo embarrassing, but it got worse, the train braked suddenly and I accidently grabbed the tall guys bum, and he gave me the dirtiest look ever. Ive never been so embarrassed, everyone looked at me when I did it. Just thought Id share this with you'se.

DONT EVER GET ON A TRAIN, they're *****.

Love BlueAngel xxx
    eugh eugh, I wouldn't like to be on that train. On the bus this morning I had to stand next to a smelly guy too. bleck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I don't think you've considered privatisation/thatcher deeply enough to be making such judgements.
    I have/I can/it was.

ReputationRep:
    How embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I don't think you've considered privatisation/thatcher deeply enough to be making such judgements.
    I would say that he has. As would most people who know about the railways. BR was very efficent and a world leader in service delivery for the low subsidy they recieved (many times less than today). In the late 1980s, they were a model of how to run a railway - organising for quality was one example of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    I like travelling by trains! But the ones on the Isle of Wight are just old rejected London ones that dont work The other day I was on it and it stopped and started going backwards :eek:
    Sounds like a communication problem between the cabs. The contactors aren't working properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    I would say that he has. As would most people who know about the railways. BR was very efficent and a world leader in service delivery for the low subsidy they recieved (many times less than today). In the late 1980s, they were a model of how to run a railway - organising for quality was one example of this.
    How did Thatcher change it? I'm curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clodagh)
    How did Thatcher change it? I'm curious
    It wasn't her. Major privitised it all. However, the idea came from her (privitisation). The whole thing is borken upp now, with no integration. Connections aren't held, the train and track people don't communicate, fares are going up, subsidies are up, punctuality is down, freight is down causing more polution, there is a shortage of stock leading to crowded conditions etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Ive never had a problem with trains. Literally. OK so they may be late a few times but its not unexpected is it?? Hell its not as bad as bus services round my home, they often never turn up or ignore you at the bus stop (to rectify this i stand in the road! )
    I agree. And I disagree with a lot of the stuff you say so wow :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    The train got cancelled and delayed for 20 minutes, and then when it came it was too small, and so many people were waiting for it, and the next one wasn't for another hour. So I got onto it, had to stand up like usual, but I was squashed between this really tall guy and smelly old man. The train was so fast and cos I had nothing to hold on to, I accidently fell from the force on to that smelly old man, god it was soooo embarrassing, but it got worse, the train braked suddenly and I accidently grabbed the tall guys bum, and he gave me the dirtiest look ever. Ive never been so embarrassed, everyone looked at me when I did it. Just thought Id share this with you'se.

DONT EVER GET ON A TRAIN, they're *****.

Love BlueAngel xxx
    20 min delay...sounds better than NI Railways
    next one wasnt for an hour....also sounds like standard NI Railways efforts
    standing...maybe not, only had to do that once or twice
    so fast...lol trains rarely touch 50MPH here

moral? its always worse somewhere else least we have trains
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have bad experiences on trains. I don't think I've ever managed to go anywhere by train without something going wrong.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.