The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

It's meant to be quite good for journalism (although how good I don't know) ...the attitude of the representatives I spoke to at a UCAS fair really put me off though, they were really snobby and had a more elitist attitude than the representative from Cambridge that I spoke to (who you'd think would have a reason to be :p:)
"Its so hard to get in here, you'll really have to be very lucky" is what they said to me :rolleyes:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
They are ranked about 97th, and gave me a conditional offer of BBB. It doesn't have the greatest rep...but I think they;'re asking people for high grades because they want to get clever people in...
Akkuz
They are ranked about 97th, and gave me a conditional offer of BBB. It doesn't have the greatest rep...but I think they;'re asking people for high grades because they want to get clever people in...

They think the clever students would improve their reputation... Reasonably, maybe:smile:. Are you accepting the offer?
And how long after sending off your app did you all receive ur offer? They're kind of slow...
Reply 5
butterflyaway
They think the clever students would improve their reputation... Reasonably, maybe:smile:. Are you accepting the offer?

I got an offer 5 days after sending my application.

I'm most probably going to reject they're offer.
Akkuz
I got an offer 5 days after sending my application.

I'm most probably going to reject they're offer.

For which course have you applied for, may I ask? I sent off my application on 27th Dec and haven't heard anything from them. I'd try to get a scholarship there...
Reply 7
butterflyaway
For which course have you applied for, may I ask? I sent off my application on 27th Dec and haven't heard anything from them. I'd try to get a scholarship there...

International Business.
Akkuz
International Business.

:smile: that's what I originally wanted to apply for, but the extra year quite put me off.
Reply 9
butterflyaway
:smile: that's what I originally wanted to apply for, but the extra year quite put me off.

Ah:smile: Well, good luck with your application. I'm sure you'll get an offer from them.
Reply 10
i think that is a good university... Is in Central London and I saw that people have a good offers... also i heart in architecture is very good ...
Akkuz
Ah:smile: Well, good luck with your application. I'm sure you'll get an offer from them.

Oh thanks:smile:. But one can't be so sure... What are their conditions for Intl Business anyway?
Reply 12
butterflyaway
Oh thanks:smile:. But one can't be so sure... What are their conditions for Intl Business anyway?

BBB :s-smilie: I was pretty surprised that they want such high grades. Better uni's than W'minster want lower grades lol.
Reply 13
matheo!
i think that is a good university... Is in Central London and I saw that people have a good offers... also i heart in architecture is very good ...

exactly the point im tryna make
Reply 14
Akkuz
BBB :s-smilie: I was pretty surprised that they want such high grades. Better uni's than W'minster want lower grades lol.

exactly what im thinking aswell
Reply 15
Imson
why does it have such bad reputation and so low in the league table?, someone even told me its the worst university in the uk:frown: , some of of there courses actually wants grades ABB ( i think its law) and its in central london so it cant be that bad, can league tables be trusted?

Purely because it is an ex-polytechnic....

I know someone who got AAB, goes there and loves it, think she does History and Politics...league table should be ignored and people should just go with their gut instinct more!
I applied to westminster for international business with a language.....i have a friend who does photography there and loves it.....
ive lived in central london before and it is by far the best experience ive ever had....its a great city to live in...westminster location is great and it seems to be really popular
Mistress of Light
I applied to westminster for international business with a language.....i have a friend who does photography there and loves it.....
ive lived in central london before and it is by far the best experience ive ever had....its a great city to live in...westminster location is great and it seems to be really popular

Intl Business seems to be the most popular course at Westminster.:wink:
i just got an unconditional offer for westminster - international business with mandarin chinese :smile:
its just my back up offer but its a start! waitin on bham! fingers crossed!
good luck to everyone!
Mistress of Light
i just got an unconditional offer for westminster - international business with mandarin chinese :smile:
its just my back up offer but its a start! waitin on bham! fingers crossed!
good luck to everyone!

Congrats:wink:!! I'm still waiting for their answer... Have you applied for Intl Business at Edinburgh too?

Latest

Trending

Trending