The Student Room Group

Sociological explanations for health inequalities

I have an assignment question... 'Evaluate the four sociological explanations for health inequalities in terms of explaining the patterns and trends of health and illness in three different social groups.'

I have tried finding information EVERYWHERE. I have found a little bit and have written some of an assignment just using my brain (hard work :rolleyes:), but it's not in enough detail. Does any one know where I can get this sort of information? I have read through many sociology websites but none are about health, and I really don't want to fail this assignment.
Reply 1
OK...
(I taught this today!)
The 4 explanations I taught were:
Artefact approach
Social selection
Material/Structural factors
Cultural factors

Let me know if this is what you need and I'll post more xxx
Reply 2
you should read the haralambos and holborn book called sociology themes and perspective it has all the information you need
I'm doing this assignment now, and i'm also finding it hard to find information. The explanations that i have to use are;
Statistical Artefact
Natural/ social selection
cultural/ behavioural
material/ structual

I would be very grateful for any help.
Reply 4
Hi can anyone help me im doin my level 3 health and social care and part of my unit is to discuss inequalities in two sociologucak explanations :smile:
Pls I need more information on those explanation
Pls I need more information on those explanationI'm doing this assignment now, and i'm also finding it hard to find information. The explanations that i have to use are;Statistical ArtefactNatural/ social selectioncultural/ behaviouralmaterial/ structual
do you have any information on how to evaluate these against each other

Quick Reply

Latest